The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Multiple Canucks In Top 100 Fantasy Players For 2019 - 2020

Rate this topic

Johnny Torts

20 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

These are fantasy hockey ratings.  It's the author's opinion based on who will garner you the most fantasy points in a pretend league.

Yeah, it’s in my title. Still, happy for what recognition our players get. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Odd. said:

Damn, Barzal at 64th.

Head scratcher. When pooling I love grabbing guys like Barzal off a down second year moving into a foundational third. Too much raw talent there. On the other hand, and completely shocking in my mind, Laine at 29!! Looking at that list, if he makes the top 80 I’ll be surprised. Other than a fine trigger I don’t see enough play making ability in him that would translate into enough helpers to warrant him a spot in the top 30. Like all of these, this list is speculative and subjective but it is nice to see some Canucks being recognized rather than marginalized.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Johnny Torts said:

Congrats to all players but a special shout out to our guys Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat, and Miller. I personally thought Quinn should have been in there but ah, whatever.

So with that last statement, I assume if Quinn doesn't get at least 50 pts you will see this season as a failure?     That's what he'll need to get into the top 100 fantasy ranking.

Edited by timberz21

1 hour ago, timberz21 said:

So with that last statement, I assume if Quinn doesn't get at least 50 pts you will see this season as a failure?     That's what he'll need to get into the top 100 fantasy ranking.

No it won't since he's already ranked top 25 in the defenseman list, with only 3 points to his name and a mountain full of potential. The league and the analysts know what we have in him.

1 hour ago, timberz21 said:

The 25th highest scoring defenseman was Jared Spurgeon with 43 points. At 50th was P.K. Subban with 31. Anywhere between 31 and 43 seems reasonable for both Hughes and Edler.

• Upvote 1

If every NHL team were equal, and of course they are not, there would three top forwards from each team making it 93 top forwards in the league.   Of course some teams have better forwards than others but to have four in this group is an indication that Vancouver is slowly creeping past "the average" in some areas of overall team development.   

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Baer. said:

The 25th highest scoring defenseman was Jared Spurgeon with 43 points. At 50th was P.K. Subban with 31. Anywhere between 31 and 43 seems reasonable for both Hughes and Edler.

And according to Yahoo fantasy hockey for 2018-19,  Erik Gustafsson was ranked 105th with 60 pts, Dougie Hamilton 108th with 39 pts and Trouba 109th with 50 pts.   The only reason Hamilton is anywhere close to 100th it's because he's ranked 16th in SOG and 55th in hits boosting his fantasy ranking.  I doubt Hughes will rank that high in either categories. 

• Wat 1

46 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

No it won't since he's already ranked top 25 in the defenseman list, with only 3 points to his name and a mountain full of potential. The league and the analysts know what we have in him.

Yahoo had Dahlin 29th as defenseman last year...I think that's a little optimistic for Hughes at 25th.

38 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Yahoo had Dahlin 29th as defenseman last year...I think that's a little optimistic for Hughes at 25th.

Could be optimistic but it takes into account lineup situations. Hughes having both EP and Boeser as one time options creates a very high potential for primary assists this season. I don’t think many teams have better PP options on BOTH sides. We’re about to enter a very unique and exciting era of Canucks hockey. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Could be optimistic but it takes into account lineup situations. Hughes having both EP and Boeser as one time options creates a very high potential for primary assists this season. I don’t think many teams have better PP options on BOTH sides. We’re about to enter a very unique and exciting era of Canucks hockey. 

EP, Boeser, compares very well to Eichel, Skinner/Reinhart

I'm very excited too, I just think we should lower our expectation for this year at least.  I think 30+ pts is pretty much a reasonable expectation, 40+ would be a great year and anything above that is pure gravy. IMO

2 hours ago, Baer. said:

BTW this thread is about fantasy hockey...not real life hockey.  Way more to it than just PTS total.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, timberz21 said:

BTW this thread is about fantasy hockey...not real life hockey.  Way more to it than just PTS total.

4 hours ago, timberz21 said:

• Wat 1

Just for fun I sorted and summed the ranking of the player (1st on the list = 100, 100 on the list = 1).

Canucks rank 18th out of the 31 teams even though we have 4 players (152 value). Notable - Ottawa is last with 1 player for 6 value (Brady Tkachuk). LA, Anaheim and Minnesota all have one player as well. Top of the list is Toronto with 4 at 301. Second is Washington with 5 at 283. Vegas has 6 players (the most) for 222 but that puts them at 13th in the league. Of note the eternal rebuilds of Edmonton, Arizona and Buffalo... Edmonton is ranked 11th in the league with 3 players for 232 (McDavid and Draisaitl will do that for you), Buffalo at 22 with 2 players at 98 and Arizona at 23 with 3 players for 96. 

I get this is arbitrary and subjective. Still fun to analyze. Interesting that St Louis has only 3 players for 152 and that would put them behind Vancouver at 19th but they won the Cup so let's not put too much credence in this. 

Certainly arguments for and against players on or missed from the list (Anders Lee, Josh Bailey and Sam Reinhart for example). Also interesting that Jack Hughes and Kakko are already on the list.

What a joke that Jack Eichel is at 32, he was the only player to finish in the top 25 in scoring last year to not have another player on his team get more then 63 pts.

in the past three yeaArs he’s put up 201 Pts in 203 games, this is coming back from high ankle sprains and having to always face the best defensemen due to the sabres having no depth. 

should absolutely be no lower then 20.

id put him at 14.

for anyone who says well this has more to do with points (which again he got 82 in 77) on a team that doesent score at all if he’s not on the ice, he had more then 50 pts higher then the second line center.

he was also first in shots before injury in December still finished top five in shots and scoring glances among forwards, and is a transition and offensive one possession beast. His plus minus is because buffalo but even that improved by like plus fifteen last year due to his backchecking, maturity and commitment to team defense as captain.

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever