Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Josh Teves, Brogan Rafferty, Reid Boucher

Boucher is an interesting feller. Sadly may never be a full time NHLer but still rooting for the guy. The other two were largely unremarkable, and still a bit disappointed we didn't take at least one d-man last draft. Benning sounds optimistic about the guys he signed, he did mention them as one of the reasons they were confident not drafting any d-men.

• Upvote 1

I have to say while I question not drafting any d men at the draft we do have a fairly well stocked cupboard of “maybes” along with a few genuine prospects. Going to cautiously say I trust his ability to gauge amateur talent and along with the scouting staff picked the BPA in every round. Realistically if we need D men and have a glut of quality forwards their should be some trades available. Our luck with college players and I drafted talent has actually been pretty high. Looking forward to a tougher Canucks team and hopefully a Utica team that isn’t completely depleted half way through the season. 

Maybe now Biega can stay in Utica lol, love the guy but I’d much rather play either of these two

4 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

Next up Brock followed by Goldy.

How about just Brock and trade Goldy??

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, coastal.view said:

that'll put the roster at 32

maybe nucks are looking to add a second team this season?  :P

they have to move 9 players before opening day

though most of those moves are easy to predict

Ya!! Wouldn't it be cool to hide one of them in the twilight zone for cap reasons?? Rotate them depending on opponents... 

34 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

not gonna happen goldobin will train hard this summer and be the player we want him to be top six upside for cheap guys got  talent like kovalev just needs to be more consistant 

Or suddenly becomes the Alex Mogilny we once saw in town!! Life is full of possibilities!! 

No reason Rafferty and Teves can't come in and challenge for a roster spot, and minimally stake their claim as priority call-ups.  Already 24 and been playing against men for 3 and 4 years, all they lack is pro experience.

• Hydration 1

54 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

not gonna happen goldobin will train hard this summer and be the player we want him to be top six upside for cheap guys got  talent like kovalev just needs to be more consistant 

Well for his sake and the Canucks I sure hope so.  It would also help Podkolzin to have a comrade on the team when he arrives.  Tryamkin could complete the three amigos.  I don't doubt Goldy's skill or ability it's the defensive lapses and consistency.  It must drive TG crazy.  

• Hydration 1

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

per above, Teves and Rafferty have identical two year contracts. Year one: two way, 700K/125K, 150K guaranteed; year two: one way, 700K

Interesting that both Teves and Rafferty both have 1 way contracts in year two. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, CanuckinEdm said:

Nooooo with 3 more signings at league min that leaves us with like 3 mil to sign Boeser what will we ever do.:frantic:

Thank god Labanc signed for 1 mil or we would never be able to sign him. :lol:

Don't set your hair on fire.  Capfriendly has 31 players listed on the active roster (27 + 4 unsigned....they haven't updated today's signings yet).  When it's reduced to 23, the Canucks will have plenty of cap.  Over $10M not including Roussel who's going on IR.  

Edited by Crabcakes

1 hour ago, Virtanen#18 said:

How about just Brock and trade Goldy??

Pick 1:

1. Goldobin
  2. Schaller
  3. Eriksson........:lol:

Teves

Rafferty

Brisebois

Chatfield

Sautner

Juolevi

Eliot

7 guys right there that could spot duty as 9/10/11, and only Sautner needs waivers.

Better depth these days.

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, Borvat said:

Well for his sake and the Canucks I sure hope so.  It would also help Podkolzin to have a comrade on the team when he arrives.  Tryamkin could complete the three amigos.  I don't doubt Goldy's skill or ability it's the defensive lapses and consistency.  It must drive TG crazy.  

Could be an issue next year where the Canucks don't want Goldy teaching Pod all his bad habits.  I wanted him to work out here but he's been gifted offensive minutes, put on the 4th line, scratched, benched, all with the same result: very little production from a player who isn't putting in an acceptable effort.  If he does work out somewhere, great, but I don't want Green wasting any more time trying to get through to him.  KHL is realistically the best place for him.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

Pick 1:

1. Goldobin
  2. Schaller
  3. Eriksson........:lol:

Where's the 4th option ;)

4. All 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

These are "Show me you can stick in the NHL" deals. With Tanev's contract coming up and Edler a year away, we need some back end guys to start emerging. That and Utica needs some players too. There was hardly anyone signed there for next year.

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Could be an issue next year where the Canucks don't want Goldy teaching Pod all his bad habits.  I wanted him to work out here but he's been gifted offensive minutes, put on the 4th line, scratched, benched, all with the same result: very little production from a player who isn't putting in an acceptable effort.  If he does work out somewhere, great, but I don't want Green wasting any more time trying to get through to him.  KHL is realistically the best place for him.

Good point. I like the idea of Podkolzin having a Russian player on the team he can connect with but it should be one with good NHL habits. I would rather the Canucks trade for a good role model Russian player.

Tanev and Virtanen for Dimitri Orlov? 

5 hours ago, KanNuck said:

Maybe now Biega can stay in Utica lol, love the guy but I’d much rather play either of these two

That's the thing, these guys need to play. Biega is a #8 and does not complain about the role. Teves and Rafferty aren't going to develop in that same role, but they have a better chance in doing so actually playing in Utica.

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I'm curious as to see where Goldobin is at when training camp arrives. Is he the same player with little to no improvement? Or has he changed, worked on his weaknesses, and comes in with focus and determination. Which Goldy will show up? If he hasn't changed at all, then, well, maybe time to cut ties and let him go...or find a team that'll take a flyer on him. 3rd round pick? 2nd round pick for Goldobin? 

He had 27 points last year, but felt like he was snake bitten, and should have had more than the 7 goals he totalled all last season.