The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Are you asking for permission to complain?

Nope I just know how everyone was happy to get Eriksson to play on the top line and all of a sudden he was on the third.  I my opinion Ferland has a greater chance to fail as a top 6.

Edited by Statman
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Statman said:

Here's the real question, once Ferland is playing on the third line is this contract still good?

If he brings a consistent big body presence to that line hell ya! Gone are the days of the Canucks being pushed around, we will be the ones making the other teams our personal doormats. 

Edited by Sikhguy23
  • Like 1

Is anyone else getting tired of Ray Ferraro ripping the Orca management saying: tell us what you are doing! Your going down two roads! Left foot right foot!

And yet he doesn’t rip the Leafs, giving away a first round pick because they are in Cap Hell.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Statman said:

Nope I just know how everyone was happy to get Eriksson to play on the top line and all of a sudden he was on the third.  I my opinion Ferland has a greater chance to fail as a top 6.

Sure...I mean....why wouldn't Ferland fail as a top 6?

It is not like he played on the top line in Calgary with Gaudreau and player well.

It is not like he played on the top line in Carolina with Aho and player well.

:ph34r:

• Cheers 1

Would love to see Virtanen have his break out season. Complimented by lines of big bodies mixed with skilled prospects 

Virtanen Pettersson Boeser

Ferland Horvat Miller

Pearson Sutter Leivo 

Roussel Beagle Motte 
Gaudette 

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev

Benn Stetcher 

Fantenberg Biega 

Markstrom 
Demko 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Sure...I mean....why wouldn't Ferland fail as a top 6?

It is not like he played on the top line in Calgary with Gaudreau and player well.

It is not like he played on the top line in Carolina with Aho and player well.

:ph34r:

Cough cough Eriksson

3 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

Is anyone else getting tired of Ray Ferraro ripping the Orca management saying: tell us what you are doing! Your going down two roads! Left foot right foot!

And yet he doesn’t rip the Leafs, giving away a first round pick because they are in Cap Hell.

He's been riding that mule for years now.  One reason why he's not working in hockey management.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

Toronto Sports Network. Need I say more. 

8 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

Benning seems happy with his young core and now he is building around that.  I don't see anything wrong with that.  Are they supposed to lose for 10 more years and stockpile picks?  There won't be any fans left by that time and the Canuck will be moved to Hartford!

22 minutes ago, Statman said:

Is this Jeff Patterson??

I am just reading the Carolina Micheal Ferland thread. Here are some juicy comments from March onwards:

I'd have no problem paying him big money for 2-3 years. Like 6-7 million range.

I love the way Ferland plays. I think he gives us a thing we haven't had at least since Ruutu, or maybe ever.

I've been following this team since the '00-'01 season. Of all the guys who have come and gone in that time, I can think of three who brought the same combination of sandpaper and scoring:

I wish he'd take a 3yr 18m deal. But if go 4yr and 22-24m if it took that to sign him.

Most I'd probably go is 4 years, 21-22 million dollars.

Dude just needs to take some time off and let whatever this is heal.

I'm thinking whatever nagging injury he has is only going to fully heal in the off season.

Looks like Carolina fans were absolutely loving Ferland and how he played early in the year. Around March he ended up getting that injury (shoulder) which he never really came back from. They were ready to pay him big early in the year to keep him as you see above. But the injury soured a bunch of them.

Lots of speculation on their board that Ferland had some kind of shoulder injury that kept him in and out of the lineup as he never took the time to fully heal. JB is obviously confident he has because he had Canuck doctor's look at Ferland.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I am just reading the Carolina Micheal Ferland thread. Here are some juicy comments from March onwards:

I'd have no problem paying him big money for 2-3 years. Like 6-7 million range.

I love the way Ferland plays. I think he gives us a thing we haven't had at least since Ruutu, or maybe ever.

I've been following this team since the '00-'01 season. Of all the guys who have come and gone in that time, I can think of three who brought the same combination of sandpaper and scoring:

I wish he'd take a 3yr 18m deal. But if go 4yr and 22-24m if it took that to sign him.

Most I'd probably go is 4 years, 21-22 million dollars.

Dude just needs to take some time off and let whatever this is heal.

I'm thinking whatever nagging injury he has is only going to fully heal in the off season.

Looks like Carolina fans were absolutely loving Ferland and how he played early in the year. Around March he ended up getting that injury (shoulder) which he never really came back from. They were ready to pay him big early in the year to keep him as you see above. But the injury soured a bunch of them.

Lots of speculation on their board that Ferland had some kind of shoulder injury that kept him in and out of the lineup as he never took the time to fully heal. JB is obviously confident he has because he had Canuck doctor's look at Ferland.

Thanks for posting this! I'm so stoked for next year and having Ferland on the team. Can't wait till we play the Panthers and dump it into Matheson's corner KABOOMMM!!!

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

JV and Pearson inter changeable and Roussel replaces Motte when AR is healthy...I like the line up!

I think that's a lineup that could challenge for a playoff spot, no? 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1