The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

Just now, Saved_by_Jesus said:

Anyone else secretly hoping/thinking that Benning signed Ferland because he knows that a deal with Boeser is pretty much done and his cap hit will be lower than we all expected it to be?

2 possibilities:

a) we are trading Boeser for 3x 1st round picks so Ferland fits into the current cap room

b) a trade coming to get rid of Eriksson and/or Sutter

2 minutes ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

Anyone else secretly hoping/thinking that Benning signed Ferland because he knows that a deal with Boeser is pretty much done and his cap hit will be lower than we all expected it to be?

Or Boeser wont sign and is about to be traded.

• Wat 2

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

For those who followed on July 1st, a poster on Reddit had this to say:

He called it, and even put up donation money when it didn't happen by the next day.  Dude was legit after all.

What this likely means is cap being cleared, alright.  We could potentially still fit him without other moves but it would be rather sticky and we'd lose cap flexibility throughout the season.  Added bonus -- this almost certainly means NO LUCIC TRADE!

All along Benning has said the same thing, "We have a plan".  Hopefully everyone is now seeing it, and by the sounds of this thread I think we have finally Slain the Tank and all are back onboard the win train.  Can't wait for the season to get here!

Gotta update your sig now, dude! :lol:

Thank God no Lucic.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

But... but... you don't care about the feelings of Pearson.... Baertschi.... Goldobin??

Nope ha Miller has showed he has hands and vision and I rather see Jake get a long look by Bo. When Bo and Jake do play together they look good....and those three could be an awesome shut down line....also put up points too. 

1 minute ago, Silver Ghost said:

Or Boeser wont sign and is about to be traded.

If we get a Lindros haul for him, I wouldn't be upset. He's a good scorer, but other aspects of his game do leave much to be desired.

I want guys who want to be part of the program, not guys who 'wanna get paid'. It's one thing to be paid, it's another to be Kevin Hayes. The signings I've seen us make so far in Free Agency are all looking like people who could have eked out an extra mil or half somewhere else, but like the project we've got going.

Those are the guys you want.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

We got a legit big boy team for next year. No more getting pummeled after the play is dead. Love this signing. 

Could be a big turn around for the team. Let’s keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. Go Canucks go. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

I'm not worried about space until about early September.  This means without question, as I said over the Miller trade, Tanev/Sutter/Eriksson are not here when the Season starts.

No matter what, some people will be incredibly upset at their returns after spending the last 2 seasons + saying how terrible they are.  But a moderate pick in return is still a return.

Could care less about return. I love what I’m seeing. Absolutely love it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Oh please be true.... thats the end of us getting f#%ked with... skill and now strength. Yeah baby bring it on

Love this!  Been hoping it could happen ..  we’re getting rid of dead weight/soft skills and bringing in mobile weight/ hard skills.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Yes.. same time $11.5M comes off from Sutter Baer and Pearson 

+Edler and Benn (8m).  Demko + Hughes and maybe Pearson need to be signed as well.  A couple of other contracts will be gone (Tanev) the year before.  Still doable, considering salary cap increases and players in their final year (Beagle or Roussel) bieng traded at the TDL.