The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

wow.... thats new info. Well, maybe something is up. My guess is both Jim and Louis agent found no trade market at all for Loui. Maybe mutual termination is a thing and Loui can be set free to sign wherever he wants. 

There has to be something to this.  I mean I can't imagine he would sign Ferland without knowing for sure that Loui is gone.

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

wow.... thats new info. Well, maybe something is up. My guess is both Jim and Louis agent found no trade market at all for Loui. Maybe mutual termination is a thing and Loui can be set free to sign wherever he wants. 

Where ever he wants in Europe.  Can’t sign here. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Love this!  Been hoping it could happen ..  we’re getting rid of dead weight/soft skills and bringing in mobile weight/ hard skills.

Fun is going to be too much fun now. No turning the other cheek $&!#e. If Benning pulls this off, he is even better than I thought. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Metal Face Doom said:

4x4 if true is ok.  Hopefully he can score 20 plus goals and tick that point total up if he's playing in the top 6 which we can assume he is.  

It's 3.5 X 4 and he HAS already scored 20 goals. Back to back 40 point seasons. He is a top 6 winger, especially with the right line mates. 

• Upvote 3

While there's a strong possibility that the Canucks roster will still see some changes over the summer, if the Canucks add Ferland, then I have to say that I'm quite intrigued about the 2019-2020 season.

Chemistry is obviously still to be determined but next year's roster should be better equipped to play a fast and physical style which should be exciting.  Combine that with getting the first full season of Quinn Hughes, hopeful growth of Petterson, Horvat, Boeser, Virtanen and Gaudette, and the likely NHL debut of Juolevi, there are a good number of story lines to watch unfold next season.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

2 possibilities:

a) we are trading Boeser for 3x 1st round picks so Ferland fits into the current cap room

b) a trade coming to get rid of Eriksson and/or Sutter

Actually 3 possibility

C Send down two contracts to the Ahl to free up 2 million dollars. (gives us 7.5 million to sign boeser);

Edited by hockeyking