The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

Just now, CaptainLinden16 said:

I mean I am not sure you have watched them play if you believe they have chemistry.  Boeser seems lost without the puck on his stick. 

Ok and if Boeser is lost without the puck on his stick you want to put him away from the best playmaker/vision on our team ? No one will feed him like EP does.  

And i don't think you have watched them play if you think they don't have any chemistry lol

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Stelar said:

Just heard today that LE bonus is paid July 15th, not July 1st so maybe they have something in the pipe for July 16th

So, we might not have to resort to someone from CDC facing assault charges for "fixing" the situation?

That's awesome, because I think @Alflives was ready and willing to take the bullet for the team ......::D

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think we're making the playoffs next year, guys!

We have a lot more size and strength surrounding our younger players now. We should be able to be a factor in April 2020.

If we stay relatively healthy, there's no doubt we make the playoffs.  

• Upvote 1

Quite the offseason!

Miller, Myers, Benn, Ferland.

Last year we padded our young skill with fantastic veteran leadership in Beagle and Roussel. Now we’re adding the beef, without sacrificing any skill. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, canuckledraggin said:

It means we're spending to the cap and the 3 million for Roussel who will be on LTIR, will get cap relief.

The amount of cap space that can be banked with players on LTIR is pretty limited.  If they are unable to bank cap space the Canucks will have to be 3M under the cap to take him off LTIR. 

Just now, Bubble Man said:

Someone has got to stop Jim Benning from these stupid contracts. 

I hope this is sarcasm because if it isn't, you're just hating for the sake of hating.  That's not to say all of Jim's signings have been great, they haven't been.  But this one was a great one.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

I disagree.  

Boeser had more goals in less games and less ice time in his first year without Petterson.  Pettersson is going to be a top 5 player in the league.  That doesn't make any sense from a talent standpoint.  

You watch them play and Boeser isn't great when he doesn't have the puck.  Pettersson is a phenom, so he is going to drive most if not all of the play on his line.  You don't play with two pucks.  Boeser didn't play well with the Sedin's either.  Although theoretically a shooting winger and an all-world center are a perfect fit.  In actuality Boeser doesn't play to his maximum potential with Pettersson.

Edited by CaptainLinden16