The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

he always did.  One overpayment that was, at the time of signing, fair market value for a player who had shown great chemistry with the twins in international play........just so happened Loui didn't catch in Van.  Everything else has been solid

Eriksson, Sutter (RFA), Beagle (term) come to mind. Seems to be getting better though. 

Miller Horvat and Boeser is a sold line if Boeser and Petey aren’t connecting. 

Can Miller or Pearson play right side very well ?

Ferland Petey Boeser 

Pearson/Miller - Horvat - Miller/Pearson

Or we get lucky and Virt improves 

Miller Horvat Virt

Edited by Whale Tail

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Ferland neutralizes Tkachuk.  So what're the Flames going to do about everyone else, unleash 18YO?  Sure, go ahead and start something in your usual Flames style.  We're ready.

They haven't even signed 18 yr old yet lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Bure_Pavel said:

Eriksson, Sutter (RFA), Beagle (term) come to mind. Seems to be getting better though. 

See:

Just now, aGENT said:

Misread IMO.

Circumstances around the team have improved (thanks to benning) giving Benning more leverage to sign more favourable FA terms and more assets with which to trade. It's really as simple as that.

• Upvote 1

Ferland neutralizes Tkachuk.  So what're the Flames going to do about everyone else, unleash 18YO?  Sure, go ahead and start something in your usual Flames style.  We're ready.

Finally. Been waiting for changes like this. Thanks JB.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Benning's two best free-agent signings by far. Hopefully this one works out like the Roussel one did.

Kept the money down without giving up too much term, at 27 years old, 4 years pretty much gives us the remainder of his prime.

Great contract especially considering people were expecting something stupid like 5x5 on July 1.

Exactly! 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Rick has to learn to leave the trolling and inciting of the fanbase to the experts.  They're quiet right now because they're scrambling to find a way to spin this negatively, but oh wait...

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

CanuckSmarmy, right on cue lol

:picard:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

stop it Jim, you're giving me hope again 

True story... I have just bought the whole office boxes of timbits in celebration of this wonderful signing.... but they were all like "mmm... yum.... Ferland.. sure! yum!"

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Already we can neutralize them, but just wait until we have Miller, Ferland, Podkolzin, Roussel, Virtanen, Tryamkin and Myers all battling.  So happy for the future. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

Miller is not a 3rd liner he plays in the top 6 - as others have suggested I think the top 6 is:

Ferland Petersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Miller

Miller/Ferland-Petey- Brock

Ferland/Miller-Bo-Virt

Pearson-Gaud/Sutter-Leivo

Motte-Beags-MacEwen 

Goldy 

Obviously a couple moves would have to be made, but this is a forward group I can get behind. Exciting days for Van.

• Upvote 1

Just now, sonoman said:

Not sure Sutter was a mistake.  No one envisioned an injury laden time here considering his previous seasons.  Certainly agree that LE was “big” mistake 

Perhaps you have a point about Sutter. I think his term was a little too long. 

You could probably argue the same thing with Eriksson too. He produced and was the top UFA the summer he signed with the Canucks. 30 goals is nothing to sneeze at. Nobody could have predicted that he fell off the world the way he did shortly after he signed. What in the world happened there? I've never seen anything like that. How you could go from 30 goals to less than 10 in one season. That really is crazy. 

I'll say this $3.5 million for a guy who can play on Petey's line and be a deterrent gets two big thumbs up in my books. This move to me sends a signal to the young canucks including Hughes that the crap that happened last year won't be an issue this year. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Rick has to learn to leave the trolling and inciting of the fanbase to the experts.  They're quiet right now because they're scrambling to find a way to spin this negatively, but oh wait...

CanuckSmarmy, right on cue lol

:picard:

Who is this Dmitri guy?  A greek house painter?

• Upvote 1