Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

For those who have cap anxiety problems (myself included too sometimes!!).... I'm pretty damn sure JB and his gang know what da F they are doing... so stay tuned for a farewell announcement on Sutter/Eriksson! 

P.S. I really really hope Roussel won't be out for too long... we need this guy for our playoff push!

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

Why is it that everyone finds any kind of criticism impossible to handle.  They are both great players just currently not a great fit.

Because I don't agree with your criticism doesn't make it "impossible to handle".  Why should I accept it?  

I go to many games and have watched these two from BEFORE they hit the ice for us and don't agree, that's all.  No need to over dramatize it.

• Hydration 3

2 minutes ago, dontaylorforprez said:

Completely agreed! The project didn’t work. Now we have new pieces! Wave it on Wendy!

Package Goldy and LE to a cap floor team. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I just love the reactions of the paper GMs on twitter

Really Dmitri? Jim had "one job" this offseason? :lol:

Filipovic_Dimitri-300x300.jpg.c28d162d5005ddb767d3161fac6c1a55.jpg

Who?

Seriously - my dog could write for CanucksArmy or any of those other blogs - I bet you he got his journalism degree here:

th?id=OIP.c4pdBzfEfQZrVgNogVhVGgHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=313&h=177

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

For those who have cap anxiety problems (myself included too sometimes!!).... I'm pretty damn sure JB and his gang know what da F they are doing... so stay tuned for a farewell announcement on Sutter/Eriksson! 

P.S. I really really hope Roussel won't be out for too long... we need this guy for our playoff push!

I think Sven may have played his last Canucks game myself

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Maketherightmove said:

There's nothing to suggest Boeser is just a guy "looking to get paid" and isn't buying in to the org's vision. 

Correct, but my opinion still stands. If he IS looking to just get paid for himself, then I don't mind seeing him go if the return is super high.

If he's just further down the list of 'things to do', then that's what it is and I'm equally happy for him to stay. I do hope that if he does stay, his defensive efforts are increased a bit though.

3 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Amazingly, someone is actually reading and understanding the numbers:

It's really not that difficult.  Patrick Johnston and the others in the media could certainly take 2 minutes and learn to comprehend this stuff.

Seriously, when it comes to numbers, journalists have never had better, more accessible resources than they do today. Yet they still don't bother to use them!

• Upvote 1

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Brock is a great shooter...Petey is one of the best at setting others up.

It also takes the focus off Petey AS the shooter when he and Brock play together.   Either one can score.

Again, Brock doesn't need to be setup.  Even on the powerplay Brock isn't scoring at will like Ovechkin or Laine.  He scores off the deke on the rush.  Petey in that moment has the puck on his stick.  His best skill set isn't that off a stand still shooter.

Just now, ilduce39 said:

My only hope here is that Virt isn’t being added as a “sweetener” in a move to jettison Loui.  Love the idea of Ferland/Virtanen/Roussel terrorizing the opposition. 

No chance. Ferland is now a tutor for Jake, much as people wanted Lucic to be. Goldy is the sweetener. And in all reality, Erickson for 3 mil cash isn’t bad, retain a little and it’s a good deal for any team needing cap like Ottawa 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, South Cariboo Canuck said:

Just last week I brought this idea up.. some of you didn’t like it... now look how   thoughts have changed.

I'm sorry.

I've reconsidered since then.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

It's like they expect the Canucks to just sit on their asses and wait until 2021 to sign Pettersson before doing anything. 

If it were up to some in the media and on HFBoards Canucks, the Canucks would just sit on their asses and do nothing forever. 

Eventually cap will become a problem and we might have to throw in sweeteners to get rid of it (some already talking about it with the Sutter and Eriksson deals, for example).

A few less of those questionable contracts and the cap situation would look a lot cleaner.

Hard to complain about this signing, though, as it's a free player for under market value.

51 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

You mean waving hello & good-bye??

1149162351_giphy(1).gif.3afd1027423d12253e13f4cfd010f6d2.gif

Good bye will suffice.

(Will actually make more sense than waiving him to Utica....)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I think some people think that JB is dumb AF. And he's certainly made mistakes (Eriksson, Sutter, etc), but he's also made some really good moves for this franchise (drafting EP40, finding Brock later 1st round, etc). He's definitely going for it, I think he sees that if he doesn't make the postseason this year, he's probably not coming back next year as GM. So obviously he's wanting to come back. And he has made improvements every year he's been the GM here. I like his drafting, it's been better than all the other GM's that we've had (for the most part) in the history of this franchise. He's been solid. Could he be better? Yes. I think so, of course. 

I like Miller, and I like Ferlund. Those two in the top six will help. They're not just goons, they have offensive capability, and they're also "tough" to play against as well. That'll help both Boeser and EP40. 

I hope after these trades, Benning doesn't trade Boeser 

That'd be the worse. 

The “mistakes” he has made will be rectified..  I look at that time as this team going through growing pains..  let’s not forget that Benning came in,  tore this team down first,  and has then go on to rebuild it.. this is not any easy task, and the responsibility in that is immense.  Aqualinni has bought into the long term process..   this year really looks like the fruit will start to bare,. And what Benning has lined up in prospects should keep this Franchise, and it’s Farm,. With a built system that builds players of great talent and character.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Package Goldy and LE to a cap floor team. 

That’s what I was saying earlier.. I’d even throw in Sutter to add a little butter.. he’ll, throw in a late pick and we could almost have a deal.. heard Columbus needs help..? Would that be enough to land Jenner? Or would that be a “deep-bowled” pipe dream?

Canucks are collecting forward contracts like my wife collects  designer shoes........  

• Upvote 1