Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

This overload of excitement with our top 6 forwards are giving me an orgasm or two...

Here you go this should help.  You're welcome

Image result for picture of kyle dubas with shanah

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Apparently there's a NMC involved?

So far though, no one else is reporting that but PuckPedia and Sekeres. Any confirmation?

Capfriendly hasn't updated but that doesn't come as too much of a surprise. When you give such a big discount, usually you get an NMC. 

I don't think it'll matter too much tbh... He'll be a Canuck for the duration of this deal. 

This is exactly the guy you want playing on a roster with Petey. Doesn't even have to be the same line. 

He's skilled and he's a menace. 

• Upvote 1

Love this deal. Love the cap hit. Love the term

I think St.Louis's style of play was taken literally by JB as the way to win the cup. We have progressively gotten more difficult to play against through this offseason. First with Miller, then with Myers, Benn, and now Ferland.

The Canucks can sign Boeser, trade/dump Schaller, and then apply for LTIR for Roussell and they are cap compliant to begin the season. They aren't pressed to make any moves just yet.

If we can move Eriksson, Schaller, Sutter, and Goldobin/Leivo/Basertschi we save close to $14-17million in space. We then still have Tanev's salary which can be moved at the deadline when Juolevi or Woo possibly step into the lineup.

This team has added size, grit, heart, and skill to its defensive and forward core. We are not going to be the same team next year, we will be harder to play against, harder to score against, and harder to defend against. Speed, skill, size, and toughness all in one off season. JB has done a fine job. Let's just hope the trades he now makes to shed some cap space are also home runs, however, even if they aren't, I wont be all that disappointed.

New season, new jerseys, new defenseman, new forwards, new draft picks. In my opinion we got the steal of the draft, the best defenseman available in free agency and now the steal of the off season in Ferland.

PLAYOFFS!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

True, but since coming to the grind of the wet coast, only one year in four was he injury free, and as I recall he was recovering from abdominal surgery in the first season here.

no argument here

I can’t get over 3.5, the cap not being as high as expected was a blessing.  Building your team with UFAs is not ideal but this is a bargain not only does he put up 40 points but he plays physical and is only 27.  This deal makes the Beagle contract look bad as Ferlund brings a lot more to the table.

This signing is frigging awesome!!!

The magnitude is almost comparable to Michael Owen, once a Liverpool red, signing with Manchester United!!

Heh, same age, same cap hit, 2 fewer years than ....Brandon Tanev.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Borvat said:

Here you go this should help.  You're welcome

Image result for picture of kyle dubas with shanah

How????????? to counter or accelerate?

• Haha 1

Just now, Seannnp said:

Love this deal. Love the cap hit. Love the term

I think St.Louis's style of play was taken literally by JB as the way to win the cup. We have progressively gotten more difficult to play against through this offseason. First with Miller, then with Myers, Benn, and now Ferland.

The Canucks can sign Boeser, trade/dump Schaller, and then apply for LTIR for Roussell and they are cap compliant to begin the season. They aren't pressed to make any moves just yet.

If we can move Eriksson, Schaller, Sutter, and Goldobin/Leivo/Basertschi we save close to $14-17million in space. We then still have Tanev's salary which can be moved at the deadline when Juolevi or Woo possibly step into the lineup.

This team has added size, grit, heart, and skill to its defensive and forward core. We are not going to be the same team next year, we will be harder to play against, harder to score against, and harder to defend against. Speed, skill, size, and toughness all in one off season. JB has done a fine job. Let's just hope the trades he now makes to shed some cap space are also home runs, however, even if they aren't, I wont be all that disappointed.

New season, new jerseys, new defenseman, new forwards, new draft picks. In my opinion we got the steal of the draft, the best defenseman available in free agency and now the steal of the off season in Ferland.

PLAYOFFS!!!!!!

Imo, it's going to be 2 of

Tanev

Baer

Sutter

Schaller

Erikksson

Goldy is as good as gone, but isn't counting against the cap atm anyway.  My guess is it's Tanev and Baer........if Sutter is healthy, he's a very important player to have in the lineup.

Also noticed that our lineup became more North American after this summer. Not that I care about these things but the blues had lots of Canadians on the roster when they won the cup. 

Ferland-Petersson-Boeser

Miller-Horvat-Pearson

Leivo-Gaudette-Virtanen

Roussell-Beagle-Sutter/Motte

Edler-Tanev

Hughes-Myers

Stecher-Benn

Eriksson will not be on roster for sure and Goldobin might get traded. 

So aside from Petersson who is an exceptional swede, Edler and maybe Roussell (but he plays like a Canadian player), the team is all North American and mainly Canadian. Not to mention that we have a minimum of one to two hitters on each line, we can easily go into playoffs confidently with grit and size. I honestly think it will be harder for the opposing team to match lines with this group since they have the skill and speed up front plus that grit factor. Benning is following the St. Louis Blues blueprint. Now if they add Tryamkin and Podkolzin in a couple of years, watch out.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Eww

Ewwwwwwwwwww... get your dirty mind out of the gutter!!!

Edited by Virtanen#18

2 minutes ago, brian42 said:

I can’t get over 3.5, the cap not being as high as expected was a blessing.  Building your team with UFAs is not ideal but this is a bargain not only does he put up 40 points but he plays physical and is only 27.  This deal makes the Beagle contract look bad as Ferlund brings a lot more to the table.

Ferland can't do what Beagle does......not even close.  Beagle is a much, much m plore effective player than Ferland, just in a different role

• Hydration 3

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

How????????? to counter or accelerate?

image.jpeg.ae6b0b68f506742e0a644df796caea9a.jpeg

• Haha 1

Just now, Baggins said:

bubble.gif.0cd51fb6742ea057891bef0a1511f2c4.gif

Hahahaha Hahahaha Hahahaha that’s unbelievably funny man. Honestly can’t believe you found that. 

• Hydration 2

If somehow we were able to trade Tanev and Sutter, then we could sign Gardiner and move Benn to the right side. Then I’d say this team is a playoff team for sure:

Ferland-Petersson-Boeser

Miller-Horvat-Pearson

Baertschi-Gaudette-Leivo 

Roussell-Beagle-Virtanen

Gardiner Myers

Edler stetcher

Hughes Benn