The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

6 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

So plan the parade for a playoff game, that seems to be what is being sold. Good luck because Chicago has got better, much better and so has Dallas and the summer isn't done yet.

Don't think anyone is planning a cup parade. Fans are excited because an add like Ferland for that term and cost is worth the risk IMO. People are looking forward to seeing a team that is actually comprised of skill and sandpaper and pushback, something we have sorely lacked for years and now we need it as Petey, Boeser and Hughes come into their own in the NHL and can play with confidence knowing they have teammates who are able and willing to go to bat for them.

I agree, the West is extremely deep, lots of parity, every team looks to improve their roster, should we not as well? This Ferland signing will not hurt this team but help it.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Right, so back to business.  Buffalo needs forwards and to move RHD:

Risto

for

Sutter (50%)

Baertschi

Schaller

or

Sutter (no retention)

Virtanen

Schaller

We then move Tanev elsewhere to free the roster spot and cap.

Let's simplify things.... keep Tanev and Sutter for the start of season. Just trade Eriksson (retain 50%) + Baertschi/Goldobin to Buffalo or Ottawa or Arizona for picks!! Gaudette can use some AHL time and we'll deal with Sutter according to God's plan! Sounds like a plan? 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Virtanen#18 said:

Let's simplify things.... keep Tanev and Sutter for the start of season. Just trade Eriksson (retain 50%) + Baertschi/Goldobin to Buffalo or Ottawa or Arizona for picks!! Gaudette can use some AHL time and we'll deal with Sutter according to God's plan! Sounds like a plan? 

Gaud's plan

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I don't get the hate this guy gets, he's by far the best local insider and probably broke the news of the deal today, even TSN were using his tweets(they just didn't give him credit).  He's asking a legit question.

For one, there's no "hate".  Second, his question isn't legit because he either hasn't read the numbers or simply cannot understand them.  We do not "have" to move salary to sign Boeser.

As has been said, he's excellent with relaying information, but falls short when trying to analyze or render insight let alone speculate.  In this case, he's failing on both.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I like that JB is going all in.

But the NMC/NTC kinda scare me how loosely they have been thrown out to each of JB's signings, but I guess that is the casualty of not being a good team.

We're a bit locked in for the next 2 years with a few guys.. but the contracts do tend to tail off as the years progress.  

Not NMC all the way through and I don't think anyone has an NMC for the expansion draft.