The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

TOR - Nic Robertson, Barrie, Kerfoot, Spezza, Ceci  (Lost - Kadri, Marleau, Jooris, Zaitsev, Brown, Gardiner, Ennis, Hainsey)

VAN - Podkolzin, Hoglander, Ferland, J.T. Miller, Myers, Benn, Fantenberg  (Lost - Hutton, Granlund, Pouliot, Spooner, Schenn)

We've got 'em beat, by quite a bit

Clearly you didn't read the Sportsnet article :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

Bieksa has a B.A. in finance. Quite a bit more than "Grim Reaper" smart.

After retiring, Grimson finished his undergraduate degree and began work on a law degree. He completed his law degree in December 2005 at the University of Memphis Law School. He was In-House Counsel for the National Hockey League Players' Association (2006–2008) and then worked for the Nashville law firm of Kay, Griffin, Enkema & Brothers, PLLC (2008–2012). He worked as a Color Analyst for the Nashville Predators on Fox Sports South and the team's flagship network, 102.5 The Game, through the 2016-17 season

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Finally! I've been pining for size with skill for so long. This signing really caps off a great re-shaping of the roster. I'll admit the cost to do it all was a little higher than I'd like, but I am legitimately happy with our roster going into next year. I haven't been able to say that since 2011. My expectations are obviously much lower than 2011 but I'm fine with this team for where we are at. Our young stars were already getting things done while getting cheap shotted and targeted non stop, now we have guys that simply won't tolerate it. Jordie Benn, Ferland, Roussel when he gets back, JT Miller and Myers aren't afraid to drop the gloves either.

I don't know how it's all going to shake out with the cap right now, but I love it. Maybe this will finally help Virtanen come into his own physically and hell, maybe Horvat will stop doing fly-bys and hit something. I've felt strongly that Miller is a better fit with Bo and Ferland is a pretty ideal fit for Petey and Boes. This is a legitimate top 6. Games are going to be fun this year.

Edited by FlyLow_
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Theirs would be better if they played hard defensively.  I remember Scotty Bowman telling Yzerman that to win a Cup Stevie needed to focus on the defensive side of the puck first.  The Wings almost traded Yzerman at that time.  But Stevie learned, and changed his game from being selfish to team first.  Will McDavid and Draisatl do that?  I’m glad our top players don’t need to be told to play defensively.  For our guys it’s built into their characters.  

Cant you see the positives?  We are getting a really good team!  

I believe Ovie finally did the same thing and he was greatly rewarded.

• Upvote 3

Crazy pre draft I thought the Canucks future was going to be a small skilled soft team. I was totally wrong....and I’m so happy this team is getting bigger and better. This team IS getting better and better.

Playoff hockey will be fun.

Go Canucks Gooo

Just now, The Lock said:

Prove it. There will be some "bad apples" but that's not typically the majority of them.

Michael Jordan

Barry Bonds

Tiger Woods

Lawrence Taylor

Countless NHL players, Shanahan immediately comes to mind. 

There's a HOF - level player from most major sports off the top of the head and there are countless more. 

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

TOR - Nic Robertson, Barrie, Kerfoot, Spezza, Ceci  (Lost - Kadri, Marleau, Jooris, Zaitsev, Brown, Gardiner, Ennis, Hainsey)

VAN - Podkolzin, Hoglander, Ferland, J.T. Miller, Myers, Benn, Fantenberg  (Lost - Hutton, Granlund, Pouliot, Spooner, Schenn)

We've got 'em beat, by quite a bit

Tell that to TSN and SN.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, aGENT said:

FTFY

Yeah Bärtschi cannot be trusted to play a full season. I didn’t mention him because... well he just doesn’t register on my radar...

Instead of a cheap Pearson, he’s an expensive Granlund.

This I a very very good signing for Vancouver, Ferland 27, 6'1, 215 lbs --( 4 x 3.5 million )-- 18-22 G -- 39 --45 Points plays a complete game and adds lots of grit and toughness to the forward line...He with play with Bo or Pettersson and add a great affect to this team..Imagine Roussel and Ferland running around..

We have been missing a guy like Ferland, toughness and grit and will make more room for the talented guys he will play with..

Great signing Jim....

Edited by wildcam

8 minutes ago, Maketherightmove said:

Many of the most legendary athletes & champions of all time wouldn't have what someone would consider great "family values"...

Who cares? He brought up that he has a good character background. Just makes it that much more easier to root for. Fits right into what "being a Canuck" is that Benning and crew keep talking about.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1