The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

Huh?

Pettersson makes amazing passes.  Boeser is a very good passer.  Horvat can pass. JT Miller can pass.  :mellow:

Did I say can pass or pass first? 

A little quick to pull the trigger on the squiggly face.  Easily triggered eh?

Edited by CaptainLinden16
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

Did I say can pass or pass first? 

A little quick to pull the trigger on the squiggly face.  Easily triggered eh?

Wasn't that one of Petey's problems in the second half? That he was passing too much and not getting the shots off himself?

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Darius said:

sure different than when we would go into the other barn with guys like Granlund, Vey, Leipsic,Gagner etc hoping the other team takes it easy...lol

Hoping petey hits 180 and yes for the most part all they had to was apply a hot knife and we were done...

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Wasn't that one of Petey's problems in the second half? That he was passing too much and not getting the shots off himself?

I think Petey's problem in the 2nd half is that he was exhausted from a full NHL season with a 110 pound body.  He is an amazing passer with fantastic vision.  Every line ideally has a guy who can distribute the puck.  Baertschi can play that role on a line in the top 6.  Pettersson could play with Miller and Ferlund or whomever.  Pettersson can't play on four lines at the same time.  Sometimes I think people on here don't take style into account at all when putting together a team.  You don't just put three good players together and say they will work it out.  You have to find complimentary pieces. 

8 hours ago, apollo said:

Another prime free agent choses Vancouver.

Say what you want but Vancouver is the crown jewel of North America. 

We'll never have any troubles attracted top end free agents at great contracts. 

The Loui days are a thing of the past. The dynasty is upon us. 

now all we have to do is wait another 7 years and we can scoop up Panarin....:emot-parrot:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, b3. said:

The best part of this signing, is that it should mean no more Lucic.

Don't be so sure!! Holland can lure JB with a couple second round picks as sweetner!!! JB, well aware that CDC wasn't too thrilled with the first pick given up in the JT Miller trade, pushes the panic button!

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

49 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

So is Sidney Crosby, or any other NHL player. The panic over Baertschi is pathetically annoying honestly.

Rick Nash and Marc Savard say hi.

what is annoying is ignorance...and plain immaturity with bs no empathy.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, CaptainLinden16 said:

I think Petey's problem in the 2nd half is that he was exhausted from a full NHL season with a 110 pound body.  He is an amazing passer with fantastic vision.  Every line ideally has a guy who can distribute the puck.  Baertschi can play that role on a line in the top 6.  Pettersson could play with Miller and Ferlund or whomever.  Pettersson can't play on four lines at the same time.  Sometimes I think people on here don't take style into account at all when putting together a team.  You don't just put three good players together and say they will work it out.  You have to find complimentary pieces. 

I understand the point and I agree with it. 

That said, I think it's important to note that most of our top end guys....Petey, Boes, Bo....are pretty solid puck distributors themselves. Not elite set-up guys like Henrik was, but solid enough that we can experiment with different combinations and that we don't need to be hemmed into a position when we absolutely need an elite puck distributor on both our top 6 lines. We don't have any Laines on this team.

Regardless, it's nice to have so many options.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1