The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

Now trade Sutter and Baer for Risto. :ph34r:

Sutter 4.3

Baer 3.4 

for 

Risto 5.4

Buffalo is crying to get a 2c to insulate Mitts. Baer gives them some top 6 scoring which they want.

Canucks save 2.3 million.  BOOM!   

No....I don't think this could happen.  If it did, JB is a God!!  ::D

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

I stand by what I said.  If Baertschi stays healthy, he will have a significant impact on the success of the team.  He will be big positive on the powerplay and have a career best season.

As someone who has followed Baer through junior (where he was a legit superstar), I could not agree with you more.   I think he is a forgotten top 6 talent on the Canucks and has a lot of great hockey left in him.    Fluke injuries are just that - as long as rogue pucks and misplaced elbows keep their distance, Baer may be a real "gem people forgot was already here" sort of player next year for Canucks.

• Upvote 3

So with Ferland off the board we managed to nab three of TSNs top free agents off their board.

Yet the player we supposedly should have signed is still unsigned. Hmm...

The question now is who signs first Gardiner or Hutton?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Tower102 said:

Exactly. Edmonton showed us that you can not rebuild with just young guys through the draft, but you need the supplementary veterans that teach a winning culture. Rebuilding is not lose, lose, lose, win/contend for the cup. It is lose, push for the playoffs, make the playoffs, win/contend for the cup. 

The Oilers are a special case.  How a team with McDavid can't make the playoffs is stupefying.  When you add to it that they have Draisatl and Hopkins then really becomes confusing.  I really can't make any sense of it at all.  Yakupov was tragic but McDavid himself is worth at least 2 - 1st overall picks.  Maybe even three I wouldn't trade McDavid for Hall, Nugent Hopkins and Yakupov.  All former Oilers hahahaha...So tragic!

I like Ferland. Concussions are a worry, but the contract is worth the gamble. Good price. Stats are inflated by teammates but he definitely has a fit on either of the top three lines.

Problem is that everyone acted like all the bad contracts this management had given out before are not an issue. They already are now. And, one of the biggest issues that people had with Gillis was the fact he gave away NTC's. In context, it was to get players signed at less than market value to win a cup. I don't see what the excuse is with Benning giving it to worse players on market value or premium contracts on a bad team.

We have got to find a way to get out of Sutter, Beagle, and Eriksson before Pete's extension summer. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

As someone who has followed Baer through junior (where he was a legit superstar), I could not agree with you more.   I think he is a forgotten top 6 talent on the Canucks and has a lot of great hockey left in him.    Fluke injuries are just that - as long as rogue pucks and misplaced elbows keep their distance, Baer may be a real "gem people forgot was already here" sort of player next year for Canucks.

The more the merrier!

Bae is great, and I'm sure the doctors are taking every precaution to make sure he his fully healed and his brain isn't necessarily in danger if he were to return and take a clean / heavy hit. Headshots, CTE, etc, its a lot to take in for Bae and his family.

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

Wow...at least MacIntyre is not a moron with respect to this issue.  Very disappointed in Dhaliwal though.  :frantic:

MacIntyre seems alright these days to me. I used to hate him but he's gotten better.

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

He was having a great season last year before he got hurt.  He is so versatile.  He fits himself into everyone elses playing style.  I think he was very scared after Calgary that his NHL dream was over, so he decided to do what it takes to stick.  I believe he is playing within himself to adapt to a system or a player like Horvat whom he even said he adjusted his playing style for.  The Sedin's I believe said that he should be a superstar and that he has more skill than anyone they have played with.  He does things on the ice that make you see what he can be.  Hopefully he stays health, and he will be exactly what you said "gem people forgot was already here".

3 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Wow...at least MacIntyre is not a moron with respect to this issue.  Very disappointed in Dhaliwal though.  :frantic:

Dhaliwal is the new shock jock of radio.  He can't help himself anymore which is really disappointing as he was actually someone I valued as a source/reporter.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

The Oilers are a special case.  How a team with McDavid can't make the playoffs is stupefying.  When you add to it that they have Draisatl and Hopkins then really becomes confusing.  I really can't make any sense of it at all.  Yakupov was tragic but McDavid himself is worth at least 2 - 1st overall picks.  Maybe even three I wouldn't trade McDavid for Hall, Nugent Hopkins and Yakupov.  All former Oilers hahahaha...So tragic!

It’s not confusing when you look at their goaltending and defence. 

9 hours ago, Zoolander said:

Here's my ideal lineup after camp... only question mark is Baer and if he can stay healthy in the middle 6

Leivo - Pettersson - Boeser 

Miller - Horvat - Pearson 

Baertschi - Gaudette - Virtanen 

Roussel  - Beagle - Ferland 

Edler - Hughes

Myers - Stecher

Benn - Tanev

Haha....they don't sign Ferland to play him on the 4th line.  Leivo....really? Come on. He would not be ahead of either Ferland or Baer.