The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

If the term and money is sub-3, then I'm okay with it.

Signing him means that we likely have to move out forwards.  In which case, hopefully we could package Virtanen/Juolevi to drop a Sutter/Schaller/Eriksson somewhere.

JB is very easily under some pressure to do multiple things correct here.  Let's see if he can pass that test or once again, fall below the mark and leave us disappointed.

• Wat 2

6 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

I am confused - Pearson really clicked with Horvat - so why the hell are people putting him on the 3rd line??

Honestly I think putting him definitively on the 2nd line shows recency bias over a very small sample size. I would bet that he doesn't end up on the 2nd line at the end of the season. 

His production is worse than Baer, even though it's understandable to put him ahead since Sven has been injured. 

I think EP, BB, JT, Bo are top 6 locks. Between Ferland, Sven, and Pearson, two of them will play in the top 6 as well

Edited by Grape
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I don't care how they do it. I'll leave it to the Canucks staff who make the big bucks, to figure out how fto fit everyone under the cap. I'll leave it to them as well, to figure out what to do with Eriksson, Sutter, Goldobin, Baertschi and/or Tanev.

Now THIS is a Top 6:

Ferland - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - J.T. Miller

Be so much heavier now.

not sure how they’ll make the cap work but that’s a very interesting top 6 for us going forward.

i like the idea of miller with Petey and Brock. But that would be a better fit overall probabl and a really great for Bo.

does he sign a 1year deal to bet on himself kind of thing? Maybe his camp is disappointed with the offers he’s getting with his playing style and injury concerns? 

5 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

I am confused - Pearson really clicked with Horvat - so why the hell are people putting him on the 3rd line??

Baer has clicked with Horvat since the beginning 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Ferland is definitely going to teach Jake how to be a better player. If Jake can mold his game after Ferland, watch out because he has better skill. Just as many thought Lucic would be good mentor, Ferland is younger, better, and cheaper 

not so sure

jake is looking a little bit redundant right now

• Wat 4
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

Add to that Horvat and Virtanen. I have a feeling they might both come out of their shell a little bit with the physicality now that they have backup.

I was just making up a chart for organizational depth and I've honestly never seen anything like it:

Ferland - Pettersson - Boeser
Pearson - Horvat - Miller
Baertschi - Sutter - Leivo
Motte - Beagle - Virtanen

Edler - Stecher
Hughes - Myers
Benn - Tanev

Markstrom
Demko

Gaudette
Biega
Fantenberg
Eriksson

Utica players we can call up this year:
Juolevi
Lind
Brisebois
MacEwen
Schaller
Chatfield

In the pipeline:
Podkolzin
Rathbone - don't sleep on this kid. Projects to be a really good top 4 2way Dman imo. A player teams can win with.
Tryamkin
Lockwood
Madden

Let's not forget about our friend anton rousell when hes back from IR. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, R3aL said:

Be so much heavier now.

not sure how they’ll make the cap work but that’s a very interesting top 6 for us going forward.

i like the idea of miller with Petey and Brock. But that would be a better fit overall probabl and a really great for Bo.

does he sign a 1year deal to bet on himself kind of thing? Maybe his camp is disappointed with the offers he’s getting with his playing style and injury concerns? 

Maybe Sutter will start the season on LTIR with Roussel. That's 7.485 M saved

• Upvote 1