The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who would You Rather See in Vancouver this Season, Ferland or McEwen?

Rate this topic

dpn1

Why not both?  Could the Canucks possibly have a better team than the 2010 team? It sure looks like they'll be tougher to play against anyway.

Ferland - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - J.T. Miller

Leivo - Gaudette - Virtanen

Roussel - Beagle - MacEwen

Motte

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Tanev

Benn - Stecher

Fantenberg

Markstrom

Demko

• Upvote 4

While I would love to see MacEwen get a shot in the NHL, I would rather see the Canucks have Ferland in the line-up.  Ferland has two 40-point seasons under his belt and worked his way up the line-up with the Flames.

Given the injury history of the Canucks, MacEwen has the opportunity to do that as well.

If the rumors are true that Ferland's contract may be for less than $4M, then provided there's no ridiculous trade or movement protection, that could be great value in a trade.  If MacEwen ultimately pushes his way into the line-up, then that could work out well for the Canucks.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

I heard today on the radio that the Canucks are close to signing Ferland.  I think I would like to see Zack McEwen instead.  What do you think?

Are you a Tampa Bay Lightning fan? Just check the numbers that both have managed to produce in the NHL and their ages.

Edited by vinny_in_vancouver
  • Upvote 1

Both.

I'd like to see both. If MacEwan *earns* his spot, he should be here. He's gotta be better than Loui Fcking Eriksson, so it shouldn't be that hard.

Toughness that can still play... that's what we want. Size, speed and skill. These players don't grow on trees, so let them become what they can.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Benning’s contract history tells me I want no part of ferland. Just a bigger mess for the new GM to deal with. Gaudette or MacEwen are more than deserving. And don’t give me this, they’ll have to earn it BS. Hard to be so good you send a newly signed UFA to the waiver wire. 

• Wat 2

Id like to see Ferland riding shotgun with Petey and Boes. He was a complete pain in the ass in the series with Calgary in 2014.

now if we can sign Boeser we are set for the season. If we can rid ourselves of Eriksson we are a step ahead.

MacEwen will  get a shot in the year as well.

27 minutes ago, brownky said:

Both.

I'd like to see both. If MacEwan *earns* his spot, he should be here. He's gotta be better than Loui Fcking Eriksson, so it shouldn't be that hard.

Toughness that can still play... that's what we want. Size, speed and skill. These players don't grow on trees, so let them become what they can.

Exactly Ferland is a proven top six minute player.  Big Mac would be in our bottom six.  Having to choose only one or the other is kind of silly.  

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Bubble Man said:

Benning’s contract history tells me I want no part of ferland. Just a bigger mess for the new GM to deal with. Gaudette or MacEwen are more than deserving. And don’t give me this, they’ll have to earn it BS. Hard to be so good you send a newly signed UFA to the waiver wire. 

Big Mac’s puck skills limit him to a bottom Six role, and Gaudette is a completely different player.  These are not even close to comparable players to Ferland.  

• Upvote 2

Truculence .    I like it.

I guess JB has finally realized you can not win in the NHL with a Soft team that isn't willing to do the  real work.   Ferland and MacEwen need to both be on our club.

Get rid of Sutter , Schaller , Goldy and Sven and we are good to go..  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1