The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who would You Rather See in Vancouver this Season, Ferland or McEwen?

Rate this topic

dpn1

1 hour ago, Glug Datt said:

I agree.. like a modern day Semenko

Ummm i'd 50% agree with you but i'd say mac is a bit smarter, "cementhead" was Semenko's nickname amongst oilers fans for a reason

Edited by iceman64

MacEwen has officially become the most overrated player on this board. Somehow we have trouble deciding if we'd rather see a legit, proven complimentary top 6 forward or an AHLer. Y'all never cease to amaze me. Something tells me these two are not and never were in competition with each other for a spot. Guy had 4 hits, in 4 games, with 7 minutes of ice time and still managed to be a -4. If it is between the two, easily Ferland. But realistically MacEwen will be battling for a depth/bottom 6 spot anyway so we could potentially see both if he proves he even belongs in the NHL.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

MacEwen has officially become the most overrated player on this board. Somehow we have trouble deciding if we'd rather see a legit, proven complimentary top 6 forward or an AHLer. Y'all never cease to amaze me. Something tells me these two are not and never were in competition with each other for a spot. Guy had 4 hits, in 4 games, with 7 minutes of ice time and still managed to be a -4. If it is between the two, easily Ferland. But realistically MacEwen will be battling for a depth/bottom 6 spot anyway so we could potentially see both if he proves he even belongs in the NHL.

people on this forum fetishise any oversized galoot in the ahl who puts up even moderate offense. 

macewen, archibald, grenier, mancari ...

On 7/10/2019 at 3:32 PM, iceman64 said:

Ummm i'd 50% agree with you but i'd say mac is a bit smarter, "cementhead" was Semenko's nickname amongst oilers fans for a reason

"cementhead" because players broke their knuckles fighting him

• Haha 1

Really don't care if the club makes the playoffs this year.

Want to see the new young core take another positive step in the development cycle.  WANT to see the young CORE PROTECTED properly for a change this year.

NO MORE  teams running our young prospects.....  THIS YEAR. 

• Upvote 1

It's quite difficult to get players like this - toughness that can play in your top six.

When you get that opportunity - at no assets cost and a mere 3.5 milion cap hit  - you jump on that opportunity, period.

You can't forego signings like this because you're earmarked an AHL prospect to potentially become that in the future.

The question hinges on poor logic - it's not an either/or question, the answer is both/and.