The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THE REBUILD IS OVER

Rate this topic

Zigmund.Palffy

I'm curious to see what Jim does with Boeser, I'm worried were going to lose him. 

Also how will he move out a contract or two? We played pretty heavily for Miller given how Tampa was handcuffed. So now with our disadvantage in this negotiation I dont see how we dont give up a Virtanen or a baertschi/tanev and picks to unload a guy and bring back a lower pick.

We also might have to ship markstrom. 

Edited by PrinceGeorgeGoon
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 4

Just now, Phil_314 said:

That's some beautiful depth there.

Agreed.  We don't have quite the high-end talent as some of the best teams, but what we lack in high-end talent, we appear to make up for in depth.

I for one am a proponent of depth.  E.g. I would take two solid 6 million dollar players over one 12 million dollar player any day.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

Agreed.  We don't have quite the high-end talent as some of the best teams, but what we lack in high-end talent, we appear to make up for in depth.

I for one am a proponent of depth.  E.g. I would take two solid 6 million dollar players over one 12 million dollar player any day.

Petey, Hughes, Bo, and Bess are high end players at what they do.  Demko is going to take over the net by Christmas, proving his high end skills.  

We actually have excellent high end talent.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 'NucK™ said:

Yeah that's the idea.... rebuild being over means most of our top players are on the team and playing 

We have, like, 3 decent players on the roster that we've drafted.  It could be 4 with Hughes.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 7
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PrinceGeorgeGoon said:

I'm curious to see what Jim does with Boeser, I'm worried were going to lose him. 

Also how will he move out a contract or two? We played pretty heavily for Miller given how Tampa was handcuffed. So now with our disadvantage in this negotiation I dont see how we dont give up a Virtanen or a baertschi/tanev and picks to unload a guy and bring back a lower pick.

We also might have to ship markstrom. 

If we put Roussel on LTIR, send Schaller, Eriksson, and Sutter to the minors we are cap compliant with a 8mil per year contract to Boeser if its less even better.