The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THE REBUILD IS OVER

Rate this topic

Zigmund.Palffy

12 hours ago, WiDeN said:

To add Podkolzin and Tryamkin to this group in the future will be something special. No one knows how it will all go, but I can't say it looks bad. I'm just sitting back and smiling, because I can't wait to see this core develop. 

I know there have been rumours, but is bringing Tryamkin back a legitimate possibility? Doesn't Myers kind of fill a similar role?

3 hours ago, BigRedMachine said:

I know there have been rumours, but is bringing Tryamkin back a legitimate possibility? Doesn't Myers kind of fill a similar role?

Tryamkin is a LHD - and there are 6 spots on any blueline - Myers in no way makes him redundant.

He - and a team-mate - have both been quoted saying he will be coming back when he's ready - will give it another Try.

Direct quotes posted numerous times on this sight - sorry, not going to dig them up - but they are there and are unambiguous.

His return also lines up potentially quite well on a timeline with a few expiring veteran LHD.

Edited by oldnews

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Tryamkin is a LHD - and there are 6 spots on any blueline - Myers in no way makes him redundant.

He - and a team-mate - have both been quoted saying he will be coming back when he's ready - will give it another Try.

Direct quotes posted numerous times on this sight - sorry, not going to dig them up - but they are there and are unambiguous.

His return also lines up potentially quite well on a timeline with a few expiring veteran LHD.

I see what you did there.

I project the following for the 2020 season

Petersson 85 pts

Boeser 78 pts

Horvat 64 pts

Miller 58 pts

Baertschi 50 pts

Pearson 45 pts

Hughes 40 pts

Ferland 40 pts

Virtanen 35 pts

Edler 35 pts

Myers 34 pts

Gaudette 30 pts

the rest will trickle down from there.  I think Baertschi is the one that will be most argued with but, if he is healthy and plays good minutes with good players he can produce.  He is at .53 ppg over the last 3 years which includes time coming back from a nasty concussion.  

My optimism comes from a few places.  #1 I am a Canucks fan!  #2 There will be a great internal competition for spots at training camp.  PP time will be hard to come by and you will have to fight for it.  #3 We are a bigger, faster team and we will be a handful to play against Horvat, Miller, Ferland, Virtanen, Pearson, Myers, Benn all have a shot at big minutes and will all hurt you.

I don't know if the rebuild is over, but we have a big, deep team with some really skilled players, some youth and some experience, above average-great goaltending, and some serious prospects looking to make the jump over the next couple of years.  Demko, Podkolzin, Woo, Madden, Tryamkin, Lind, Hoglander, Rathbone, Dipietro, Lockwood, Rafferty, MacEwan could all have an impact in the nhl.  This was nowhere near the case a couple of years ago.  

All of this is thanks to Elias.  Finding a true #1 centre at 5th overall and having the foresight to select him over Cody Glass has set the team up for quicker progression.