The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Leafs have improved the most of any Canadian team this summer

Rate this topic

Of course they have.  Some of the real reporters must be uncomfortable saying stuff like this, no?  My God, how can a real reporter or analyst actually agree to this kind is clear propaganda?  Are their jobs really that controlled by the Leafs? 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Of course they have.  Some of the real reporters must be uncomfortable saying stuff like this, no?  My God, how can a real reporter or analyst actually agree to this kind is clear propaganda?  Are their jobs really that controlled by the Leafs? 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, oldnews said:

They also lost Hainsey - who was a key piece that partnered Reilly very well.

They spent a 1st dumping Marleau - and had no first round pick as a result - but have 'improved'.

They spent/lost Brown to move Zaitsev.

Their best UFA signing thus far is......Jason Spezza.

Aside from a good trade to acquire Barrie - they've had a horrible summer imo - and still have serious cap and depth issues.

Bingo.  they trade a 1st round pick to get out of a terrible contract and now Barrie comes out and apparently says he wants $8 Million per year and crickets..................  

You can't make this stuff up yet they get applauded.  Must be multiple universes at play here.  

Edited by Borvat
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

They also lost Hainsey - who was a key piece that partnered Reilly very well.

They spent a 1st dumping Marleau - and had no first round pick as a result - but have 'improved'.

They spent/lost Brown to move Zaitsev.

Their best UFA signing thus far is......Jason Spezza.

Aside from a good trade to acquire Barrie - they've had a horrible summer imo - and still have serious cap and depth issues.

Well they did improve at match up centre getting Spezza and trading Kadri.  :lol:  I’m seriously going to wet myself laughing!  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

They've lost Zaitsev and Gardiner and gained 1 year of Barrie

They've lost Kadri and gained Kerfoot with Marner still not signed yet.

It doesn't seem that much better. and if Barrie leaves next summer, it seems like their D overall is worse and the Tavares-Matthews-Nylander-Marner quadrafecta is still stupid expensive

Stop using logic right now. You’ll ruin the narrative.

• Haha 1

You kind of missed a key caveat in the article:

"This is not an order of strength heading into 2019-20"

That said, still an awful take. If anything they've got worse and when you analyze their transactions in a vacuum, they are average at best.

In: Barrie, Kerfoot, Ceci, Spezza

Out: Gardiner, Kadri, Marleau, Brown, Zaitsev, 1st

• Wat 1

Just now, cdubuya said:

Tyson Barrie is a pretty nice addition.... one that our team was trying very hard to make. Y'all seem a bit mad.

I do agree that adding Barrie and Ceci (and Harpur) is an improvement over say Gardiner and Zaitsev (and Hainsey). But they might be losing both of these guys the following year. So I guess it's a question of if they've improved for this coming season and for long term. Either way though, not sure how Toronto is ahead of us in terms of "improvement".

2 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

You kind of missed a key caveat in the article:

"This is not an order of strength heading into 2019-20"

That said, still an awful take. If anything they've got worse and when you analyze their transactions in a vacuum, they are average at best.

In: Barrie, Kerfoot, Ceci, Spezza

Out: Gardiner, Kadri, Marleau, Brown, Zaitsev, 1st

I think the worst part of it is how they'll likely loose a significant chunk of their blueline next offseason. It's literally just one season of being good. Then what?

• Cheers 1