The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Laffs Idea For Boeser Contract

Rate this topic

Nuxfanabroad

2 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Boeser didn't say anything about a 7 year deal. He could sign a 4 year deal and an 8 year deal after that and still be in Vancouver for a long time. 

He didn't say anything about term at all.

This is why I loath the endless speculation for contract signings.. my optimistic guess is a 6x6 or 7x7 deal

16 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

He didn't say anything about term at all.

This is why I loath the endless speculation for contract signings.. my optimistic guess is a 6x6 or 7x7 deal

The most recent rumour is that Boeser's camp wants a 4 year deal. We don't know if that's actually what's being said, but it's all we have. It makes sense with other younger players reportedly taking/asking for shorter terms out of their ELCs to maximize their payday (Matthews, Marner, etc.) 

2 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

The most recent rumour is that Boeser's camp wants a 4 year deal. We don't know if that's actually what's being said, but it's all we have. It makes sense with other younger players reportedly taking/asking for shorter terms out of their ELCs to maximize their payday (Matthews, Marner, etc.) 

Will do a 4-year deal, or wants a 4-year deal ?  Maybe they will do a 7 year deal as well if the price is right 

On 7/11/2019 at 5:01 AM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Was kicking this around today(figured it might cause a fuss), but then, by chance, saw a Van poster mention the same idea on HFBoards.

What if they delayed Brock's signing 4-6 wks into the season? Use some pretext of a LBI(for example). It would be fully agreed(in private) between JB & BB. Shake hands on a number, then go through the motions as the team adjusts/tweaks roster/cap/LTIR etc, until it's perfectly ideal for lift-off.

Basically, use the model of that little princess WillyNy.

- Could pro-rate the salary so Brock gets a whack of $, up front. Maybe even a large bonus next summer

- Imagine we could lock him in for about 45~47 mill/7 yrs. Perhaps getting a lower cap-hit, by taking such a measure?

- Assuming EP & Hughes will be up for large coin, this might be helpful when we really need every $'s space

- It's kind of a circuitous way to have a 24 man roster in the Fall. Probably a fwd(s) gets banged up, & then we'd just shorten the plan, if necc

- So you give a depth guy an opportunity to see if he meshes with some new faces. Could be valuable research-time for later in the yr(when teams are often depleted)

- Or you might even swing a Nov deal, if someone bumps their value up, as another team hits early injuries. Make the deal just as Brock is returning to lineup.

I know everyone wants to hit Oct full-blast, top lineup poised on the starting line..but it increasingly appears to me the winners pace themselves, & don't really roll hard/steady until the season's 2nd half.

Brock might even benefit from great health, & a focused 60 game season.

With no chance of any offer sheet(ineligible of course), I'd be fine if they looked at all $ options(to keep his cap-hit low as possible).

Or, is this just a crazy idea?..

This is a terrible idea IMO. We’re tryin to make the playoffs and continue to attract high end talent moving forward into our window years.

Not resigning our top winger and one of our best players for a few months could cost us huge ie....no playoffs. 

Not to mention the other potential damage and variables like maybe Tryamkin comes back sooner if we’re in a position to compete and maybe he doesn’t if we continue to suck Hahahaha.

I doubt Brock is willing to do this considering how much he suffered last summer and he seems to be ready to come out hot this year and have a career year I’m sorry but I don’t see it. 

2 hours ago, KanNuck said:

This is a terrible idea IMO. We’re tryin to make the playoffs and continue to attract high end talent moving forward into our window years.

Not resigning our top winger and one of our best players for a few months could cost us huge ie....no playoffs. 

Not to mention the other potential damage and variables like maybe Tryamkin comes back sooner if we’re in a position to compete and maybe he doesn’t if we continue to suck Hahahaha.

I doubt Brock is willing to do this considering how much he suffered last summer and he seems to be ready to come out hot this year and have a career year I’m sorry but I don’t see it. 

Yes, yes..I'd already pleaded temporary insanity, yer honour. Every summer I like to make at least one(OMG..is he?..) Freeken'Zany! thread to make the 4th line grinding-posters feel superior, eh?

Also, was late, many Asahi Drys, wife was naggin', taught 40 lessons in 3 days, & had heroically scaled Mt Fuji just prior! :^)

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Yes, yes..I'd already pleaded temporary insanity, yer honour. Every summer I like to make at least one(OMG..is he?..) Freeken'Zany! thread to make the 4th line grinding-posters feel superior, eh?

Also, was late, many Asahi Drys, wife was naggin', taught 40 lessons in 3 days, & had heroically scaled Mt Fuji just prior! :^)

Just thought you were from Toronto lol jk

• Cheers 1

On 7/14/2019 at 12:44 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

When the Cancucks make the playoffs this year, will you need someone to share Asahi Drys with? I'm in the Nagoya area.

• Cheers 1

On 7/3/2019 at 12:33 PM, PistolPete13 said:

On 7/12/2019 at 8:36 AM, Horvat is a Boss said:

The most recent rumour I'm going off of is the one that said Boeser's camp is looking for a 4 year deal.

4 years is a long time isn't it? Especially for a young player like BB. I would be worried if he was only looking for a one year deal because that would most likely mean he isn't happy playing here. I assume BB's strategy is to prove himself as a top 6 forward in the next 4 years and then ask for a pay raise. What he doesn't want to do is lock himself in at $6-7m for 8 years because he might be selling himself short.

Edited by CptCanuck16

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I wonder why he only wants 4 years. 

I see a player like Brock wanting a four year contract as a sign of confidence in himself. In four years the cap will climb due to increased revenue in the league. The Seattle expansion, the new TV deal etc. Right now he is a first line winger, maybe considered a star player but after injuries in two years there are question marks in his game that will temper contract talks. In four years if he stays healthy and puts the puck in the net he will be poised to get a big time pay day. Why take $7 million for seven years if you can take $6 million for four and then $10-12 million after that?  Players who believe in themselves want shorter term “bridge” deals. Flash in the pan “contract year” players want to go straight to the long term. 

lol the canucks will be out of the playoff race before november even rolls around XD this team needs everyone to contribute the entire year to have a chance of making the playoff.. any of their top player out for a pro long period of time = not a chance

Canucks have created a salary structure.  Bo signed for 5.5. No one else is above 6.   If Boeser gets 7 they better be sure he produces because they will be setting the bar for Petey and Hughes.

They need to get this right. No rush, I don't think waiting is hurting them as some have suggested.  It took a while for Bo but they got it right. 

If he wants too much the trade him. Everyone is replaceable. 

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol the canucks will be out of the playoff race before november even rolls around XD this team needs everyone to contribute the entire year to have a chance of making the playoff.. any of their top player out for a pro long period of time = not a chance

I bet you a bowl of beef brisket and wonton soup that the Canucks will be in a playoff spot on Nov 1/19.