The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"I feel confident we're going to get the deal done and everything's going to work out," Boeser

Rate this topic

Canckelhead

44 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Yes, let's have him come up at the same time Pettersson and Hughes come up. Perfect.

.. and perhaps you do the same with them at that time..  “perfect “ might be your world, but this one revolves.

Bettman has said that the Cap will get a huge boost at that point..  

We will also have other players who could possibly fill Brock’s position at some point,  

and we can move him for a top pick and keep this wheel going.. at a high level.

Hockey and it’s Buissiness is not perfect.  Anything can happen.

Why do most fans here develop “man crush” with there “Fan Fav’s” ... if they are a good player and a Canuck,. Do they have to die in that uniform?

Rare will be the Hockey Player that plays to be 33-35 years...  who needs Jimbo’s when you can ice a fresh Podolzkin .

You are starting to see the short term high payout for a reason.  Turn over.

• Wat 1

well if Bo is at 5.5 and outscored BB .....I think 5yrs at 6 would be okay, do not want to piss off the Bo

where is all this 7-8 mil per year coming from?

I really like BB but seriously 66 games per year and scoring in the 80+%bracket ....

I would value Bo more! just sayin'

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Puckster said:

well if Bo is at 5.5 and outscored BB .....I think 5yrs at 6 would be okay, do not want to piss off the Bo

where is all this 7-8 mil per year coming from?

I really like BB but seriously 66 games per year and scoring in the 80+%bracket ....

I would value Bo more! just sayin'

The good thing is Bo sets a bit of an internal cap. Much as the twins did. While Boeser may get a bit more given cap inflation the Canucks will point to Bo and say exactly that. I suspect it will be 4 years at 5.5 (same as Bo) and we still have one year of control before UFA. He’d be smart to do that as he’s playing w Petey and will rack up points, the cap will increase, and his next payday will be long and a lot of money. Not that 5.5 x 4 is not a lot of money to play a game you love for a living 

Edited by 18W-40C-6W

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

.. and perhaps you do the same with them at that time..  “perfect “ might be your world, but this one revolves.

We will also have other players who could possibly fill Brock’s position at some point,  

Why do most fans here develop “man crush” with there “Fan Fav’s” ... if they are a good player and a Canuck,. Do they have to die in that uniform?

Rare will be the Hockey Player that plays to be 33-35 years...  who needs Jimbo’s when you can ice a fresh Podolzkin .

Great, and when one of these "high picks" you move him for doesn't turn out, we're &^@#ed. 

11 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Great, and when one of these "high picks" you move him for doesn't turn out, we're &^@#ed. 

No.. you don’t assume a pick , high or low, to automatically make the team.. your expectation is that he goes into the system..

Hypothetically in this case Podolzkin would come up out of the system in 2-3 years.  There’s a rotation that you try to adhere to in a system, patience, timing, .. all keeping you honest with your ELC’s and keeping the system balanced and focused.

Seems like your way you try to sign everybody and flog em for 6 years TIL there’s nothing left.. stagnate your prospect pool, and bury good talent..  hasn’t this team done that already for the past decade?

Tanev and Edler are remnants of that.

this is just my opinion.. I would be happy to hear yours than read your whiny ridicule.

Edited by SilentSam

What is taking so long for this contract to be signed? If there is no cap space then Benning has to ship out someone to make room. There is no reason to delay the Brock signing. Do whatever you have to do JB and get Brock signed!!!

53 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

What is taking so long for this contract to be signed? If there is no cap space then Benning has to ship out someone to make room. There is no reason to delay the Brock signing. Do whatever you have to do JB and get Brock signed!!!

Bo also took his time to get signed. 

Flows agent obviously is trying to hive his client the best deal available. Maybe he is wanting a contract with the same length as Bo, to make him a free agent at the of it. 

Length and dollars. Lots to ponder when you are a top elite sportsman. 

He’ll get signed in due course. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, teepain said:

If its 7.5

Canucks

sutter

2nd round pick

Other team

5th round pick 

solved

damn that's sad we traded a kesler in his prime for pearson and a 5th lol.. at least bonino was useful for the pengs when they won the cup.. sutter is completely useless for us as he's injured for 50% of his contract

Brock will sign not sure the price tag or length....it comes down too Cap space.

The Loui E situation the more i learn. The more I see him gone and being able to trade the Cap hit.

What I understand (correct me if I’m wrong) Sorry I’m slow and not too bright.

6 mil cap hit ! but only a Salary of 3mil per year 2 season to go after July 15th.

The 6mil cap hit isn’t real money anymore it’s just a number cap hit. It limits a team spending by 6mil. This can be moved imo. Ottawa?

nobody wants Loui for 3mil so Canuck need to eat as much of the 3mil per season as legally possible in the trade. Say half. Thats 1.5 mil. I could be wrong but I think Loui is a 1.5 mil player on a new team with a fresh new start. 

Loui at 1.5 per season +the none real money 6mil cap hit = possibility of move to get Cap space.

• Upvote 2

I'm taking his words at face value. He wants to be here, loves the city, the team is better, and he's not going to easily walk away from playing with Petey, Hughes, etc, just when things are coming together. He'll work to get a deal done as much as we will.

My guess is he'll come on at $6 per at 5 years, possibly 4 years.

If you look at the trajectory of Jeff Skinner, he just came off a 5 year contract at $5.75 per before getting the most recent bigger payday at $9 per. I'm thinking Boeser will be a similar arc.

11 hours ago, ktcy2 said:

Eriksson's bonus is up next week, after which he'll be much easier to move. There's a chance they're waiting to see how that plays out?

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I would facetiously like to ask, what are your thoughts on throwing in Tryamkin's rights into a Loui deal as a "sweetener"?

19 hours ago, iceman64 said:

I'm just nervous over the price tag.. 

He doesn't have much negotiating power if JB is willing to be patient.

He can't get offer sheets and he doesn't have an arbitration option.

The cap didn't go up and he hasn't produced as much as Bo has. 

I believe the reason he hasn't been signed yet is because JB wants term and value.

Given the lack of options, Boeser could end up being another player on a great contract.

The value of those college players starting on those late season deals is becoming important to future negotiations.

Quinn Hughes should be paying attention.

4 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

He doesn't have much negotiating power if JB is willing to be patient.

He can't get offer sheets and he doesn't have an arbitration option.

The cap didn't go up and he hasn't produced as much as Bo has. 

I believe the reason he hasn't been signed yet is because JB wants term and value.

Given the lack of options, Boeser could end up being another player on a great contract.

The value of those college players starting on those late season deals is becoming important to future negotiations.

Quinn Hughes should be paying attention.

What top dollar RFAs have signed?  Mier got 6 right?  That’s with the SAN Jose discount, of course.  Who else?  It’s almost like a lot of teams are putting their proverbial foot down and refusing to pay the crazy big dollars to RFAs this go round.