The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"I feel confident we're going to get the deal done and everything's going to work out," Boeser

Rate this topic

Canckelhead

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

What top dollar RFAs have signed?  Mier got 6 right?  That’s with the SAN Jose discount, of course.  Who else?  It’s almost like a lot of teams are putting their proverbial foot down and refusing to pay the crazy big dollars to RFAs this go round.  

Well i don't think 6-7 is out of the question but 8-9? That's where some thinking on JB's part and personally, i'd a deal for 3-4 years tops, from a business side, a young player who has had a previous injury to his wrist is something worth considering as he relies heavily on it as his top shot and on top of that his back injury are things much like buying a racehorse and gambling, at some point you have to say only if it works out long term and 3-4 yrs is just a show me, especially if he's your number 2-3 player right? If he goes down then a lot of added pressure to try and fill a top line point loss and try to make the playoffs... 

On Brock's side, he could have matched or bettered Bo's points if not for adjustment time coming off his injury.. so for me, he's 6-7 but 8-9 mil is a no... 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Well i don't think 6-7 is out of the question but 8-9? That's where some thinking on JB's part and personally, i'd a deal for 3-4 years tops, from a business side, a young player who has had a previous injury to his wrist is something worth considering as he relies heavily on it as his top shot and on top of that his back injury are things much like buying a racehorse and gambling, at some point you have to say only if it works out long term and 3-4 yrs is just a show me, especially if he's your number 2-3 player right? If he goes down then a lot of added pressure to try and fill a top line point loss and try to make the playoffs... 

On Brock's side, he could have matched or bettered Bo's points if not for adjustment time coming off his injury.. so for me, he's 6-7 but 8-9 mil is a no... 

Bridge deal of three or four years at 6 to 6.5 million per?  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bridge deal of three or four years at 6 to 6.5 million per?  

Something like that.. a basic show me contract, his D game needs work for sure and 3-4 yrs is way over the top to give him time on it before  re-signing him and also his injury status by then..

Edited by iceman64
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

I would facetiously like to ask, what are your thoughts on throwing in Tryamkin's rights into a Loui deal as a "sweetener"?

FK NO!!! Since Brashear we've had no one who could literally throw grown men around like ragdolls.. giving that up would be a stupid move.. there's other ways :) anything but that! With him on board that's one more available big D you can partner with a dynamic smaller PMD (hughes) so why waste that? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

FK NO!!! Since Brashear we've had no one who could literally throw grown men around like ragdolls.. giving that up would be a stupid move.. there's other ways :) anything but that! With him on board that's one more available big D you can partner with a dynamic smaller PMD (hughes) so why waste that? 

Throwing grown men around in the KHL isn't doing us any favours...

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, st33 said:

But obviously he can and will like against dallas, i would not trade his rights away and get him back asap and the kid took on Jamie Benn and lived to tell about it.. actually did better than most guys did

Edited by iceman64
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, st33 said:

Nik is in training and development not associated with our Capspace.. I think that’s a huge favour right now.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

It’s training and development not associated with our Capspace.. I think that’s a huge favour right now.

Unfortunately when he ran back to the KHL it wasn't because he felt he needed more development, but he wanted more minutes and to be a first pairing - demanding for a random kid in his first season in the NHL.

Should he have had more opportunity when he came? Yeah I can agree with that. I would have also liked to see him work for something and not thinking his $&!# didn't stink.

My point was more that he may never return to the NHL regardless of what team he is with. If he'll always make more money in Russia, and be closer to his family, he'd really have to want to be here or in the NHL. Last venture out west he did not display any of that, and some words in an article isn't going to change that for me.

2 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Do you know what facetiously means? I was jokingly referring to him in the Tryamkin thread and his fanfav comment.

2 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Do you know what facetiously means? I was jokingly referring to him in the Tryamkin thread and his fanfav comment.

Aight... anyway to those not paying attention, JB gives greener that to work with, so far Guddy kind of foot the bill with his size and Train was derailed by willy, anyway this time it's myers and benn but train can still make it and that takes care of 3 lines of big guys who can clear big guys out of the crease, markstrom can't stop what he can't see.

And a smaller fast pmd to counter forechecks and get it back to Alien and co. In our top six is what HAS to happen and if it can be on 3rd n 4th line too then we can take on almost anyone and have a decent chance at winning, start of the season before last we beat TB 5-1 with that roster let alone now and add train back.. So we have hughes and stetcher covered already so that's two lines, getting there.. 3 lines of it if Train comes back.. 

Then Ferland and Miller etc etc.. finally a team that can take a shot for a lot more divisional wins and if we get those, for sure we're in the post season.. and i believe deeper each year from now on as JB tweaks the team in upgrades.. finally "pushback" in a BIG way... 

2 hours ago, st33 said:

Unfortunately when he ran back to the KHL it wasn't because he felt he needed more development, but he wanted more minutes and to be a first pairing - demanding for a random kid in his first season in the NHL.

Should he have had more opportunity when he came? Yeah I can agree with that. I would have also liked to see him work for something and not thinking his $&!# didn't stink.

My point was more that he may never return to the NHL regardless of what team he is with. If he'll always make more money in Russia, and be closer to his family, he'd really have to want to be here or in the NHL. Last venture out west he did not display any of that, and some words in an article isn't going to change that for me.

That’s too bad for you then.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

That’s too bad for you then.

O...k?

Don't know what's too bad for me but sure. It's too bad I want to see effort and production before rewarding someone with primo minutes?

7 minutes ago, st33 said:

O...k?

Don't know what's too bad for me but sure. It's too bad I want to see effort and production before rewarding someone with primo minutes?

Dude.. we didn't even have to develop him, he's getting paid to do and we don't have to pay a penny, that's hardly losing.. guys that big who can skate well and hit like a train and even throw the odd goal and assist in as well doesn't fall of a tree in the nhl, excuse the pun but i'd game he can play just as good as when he left, which was fine but with more experience i'd guess he's even better now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, st33 said:

O...k?

Your quote:

Last venture out west he did not display any of that, and some words in an article isn't going to change that for me.

That “last venture” out west was his rookie season.. played 60 games, I beleive he was 12th or 15th In hits in the League.

Played a fantastic cycle shutdown in his own end.. tossed J Benn around like a wet rag doll.. in back to back games, Made Getzlaffs head spin off in another.

What are you expecting from him goals or points?  Don’t really think much of that will happen until he is paired wit a 1 - 2 Dman , and he WILL get that opportunity .. Why, because Benning loved this kids effort,...  it’s why he went “off the board” to get him, Just like Podolzkin.        ...So you seeing, or, not seeing effort or production does not matter, Benning is in charge..  and “it’s too bad for you.”

Not being here is probably the unspoken gift that Tryamkin gave us,.

Not only is he training and developing somewhere else where he does not effect our Cap.. He will NOT be eligible for the Expansion Draft.  Both big things to consider at this time.

If your interested in Tryamkin, go to his thread in”Prospect”..

there are some interesting contributions from guys that follow him even closer than I do..

Or,  just wait for his return to us in February of March this season if his home club Avtomobilist, misses the playoffs..   room will be made for his return, no matter what you think.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Watch Benning sign Brock for less than 6m aav and surprise everyone 

I wish and same with petey but the salary cap could hurt us if we're not careful and i trust JB is working according to the worst case scenario of cap only going up marginally, because until the rumoured tv or otherwise is signed it probably will be marginal if at all.. he has to be  wise in ELC's and RFA's, think he's getting better as he gets used to negotiating which is the most important aspect next to player development.. so i'm not worried. Fun time to be a canuck fan for a change... 

• Cheers 1

On 7/11/2019 at 8:34 AM, IBatch said:

You bet.  Especially the 33 plus aged Sedins, too slow.  And too predictable and no point shot really.  One thing I’m very curious about from Hughes ... can he blast it and score from the point?  Have some doubts.   First year for Hughes and I’m cautiously optimistic...at best maybe we have our Duncan Keith minus the fitness level, nobody but a few guys in the history of the NHL compare to Keith’s fitness level, Chelios, Roberts and maybe Gilmour.. 

I see Hughes more a Ryan Ellis Style Dman. He will get the puck to the net with slap feeds and saucers not with booming shots. For once it will be great having a Dman that hits a net with higher percentage giving forwards a lot of friendly tip ins. 

4 minutes ago, Bertorama said:

I see Hughes more a Ryan Ellis Style Dman. He will get the puck to the net with slap feeds and saucers not with booming shots. For once it will be great having a Dman that hits a net with higher percentage giving forwards a lot of friendly tip ins. 

That may not be true as he grows and puts on muscle and weight... same as petey

Lol both you guys are insinuating that I think he's a bum or a bad prospect.

I merely am saying if a kid no matter who he is comes in and then runs back home because he wasn't getting top minutes thinks too much of himself. Hopefully in the couple seasons he's been gone he has matured a bit.

If he was a dominant force in his rookie year then I would agree with you, but the reality is he wasn't. He didn't play a fantastic shut down or anything special like you mention, I have and had season tickets and watched him as much as you did I'm sure. As we were in dire need of a puck moving defenseman, and in some cases still are, that was not one of his skill sets. His first passes and exit game was actually quite poor. Granted I do not follow the KHL, perhaps he has improved, but if you think just having a big frame is worthy of top 2 minutes then we have different opinions on what's valuable for defensemen.

You're both putting words into my mouth saying he's not good enough to play here. I'd be thrilled if he could contribute and pans out, but he certainly does not deserve to demand things from the team and just get up and leave when he doesn't get it like a baby. Unless you're both entitled kids too you should both be able to understand that. He wouldn't even consider going to Utica for a conditioning stint. What does that say about his mentality? Doesn't scream team first to me.

You're both hoping (as am I) that he does come back, but there's certainly no guarantee or hint that will be the case, there's no contract in place or any talks that I've heard of recently. So, if there's a trade to be had in which he is actually used as a sweetener, to get something that immediately provides value to the team further than what ifs, then that would have to be considered no?

Edit: also, green is in charge not Benning. If the coach doesn't see something in a player and doesn't play him it doesn't matter what the GM thinks in most cases, unless you want Benning to have the power to strong arm the coach into playing who he wants when he wants...which can be disastrous.

Edited by st33