The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Potential Lineup) CapFriendly Roster Cap Hit

9 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

Boeser at 5.5 million is very unrealistic in my opinion.

Even on a 4-5 year bridge, you’d be looking at around 7 million.   8 year term would likely be around 7.5.

It's a 3 year prove your worth more contract.  He has played 2 partial seasons and has some gaps in his game - speed and average defensively.  He hasn't earned a $7 million dollar contract and if you start paying all these young players coming in on "potential" it could become a real problem in short order.  At $5.5 million he would be the highest paid forward along with Bo -  other than Eriksson.

Plus he then becomes the highest paid player over the likes of Edler, Myers, Miller, Horvat etc  - proven older players.  I say make him earn it and deal with it if and when it becomes a problem.

Edited by Borvat

2 hours ago, Duke of hockey bs said:

Boeser for 5.5 huh no chance. 7-7.5 

Based on merit, recent comparable contracts other than Aho's offer sheet or just because?  Show me the recent comparable's?  If you are talking 7 - 8 years possibly otherwise I'm not sold. 

He is a 22 year old RFA without arbitration rights and 2 partial seasons under his belt.  This is what GM's do to themselves, they overpay too early and it has a ripple effect on the rest of the team and league.  Make him earn it. 

Edited by Borvat