The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is the Canuck fan base quick to react

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

Are you negative toward the Canucks  

124 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I truly do believe the Majority of the Canuck fan base in kind words are quick to react.

1)It regurgitates the same media bs over and over again till most of the fans believe the bs.

2)When well thought out post are posted the fan base is quick to react negatively to them. I'm not necessary talking about my posts either. My posts just tend to view things in the other light which completely goes against the media view or points out both sides of the argument. I really am just a fan who watches the games to see the outcome and to be entertained by both sides of the competition.  Those who write the more articulate post tend to get as negative responds as those that want to troll this fan base. I would argue the Canuck fan base has more then their share of trolls.

3) This fan base is always quick to react when the team fails, very few other city fan bases are having a riot because their team lose in the Stanley Cup final, and yet this fan base has done it not once but twice. 

4) This fan base is quick to jump on those who do not fulfill their unrealistic expectation put on them by the media and this over reacting fan base. Jake isn't a prototypical  power forward, and  never will be and thus, this fan base wants to trade him. Olli Juolevi has yet to play an NHL game and yet he is all ready called a bust or if not this fan base believes he will never reach his potential.  

5) Eriksson doesn't play up to his contract and this fan base believes Benning is the only GM that signs guys who don't play up to their contract.

6) Eriksson is crucified for his comments and yet  Milan Lucic Commented he would love to play for the Canucks and the most of the post I read on Edm forum sites good luck, have fun, see you later. Yet this fan base says Eriksson Sucks and can see no value to what he brings to the team. 11 best PK in the league and Eriksson had the most mins played on the PK as a winger.

It really does beg the question is the Canuck Fan base sore losers? I would argue the majority are. I would argue the hockey Gods will let use win when this fan base understand how to act like good Fans. Yes, I said it the Gods of Hockey are against you negative Canucks fan base.

So lets all Cheer the new look Canucks on. It seems this is one season that is truly worth watching.

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

The Eriksson suck comments comes probably because a lot of fans watched the film where Ferland play with the "soft" Canucks.

So they feel bad inside and want to have the Ferland type of player instead.

They can only see hits as good hockey. Not the little things Green praise.

• Wat 4

i'm pretty supportive of the canucks overall

i think they are doing a credible job

and the team has a bright future

i state that in many of my posts

i think you need to be clearer in your thread

negative comments regarding posts on here

is not the same as being negative towards the canucks

your thread appears to suggest they are

i am accept / admit i am more negative towards posters

as many posts are simply not well thought out

and/or attempt to preach to cdc users (some of yours have that quality)

and also don't further complicate things by somehow equating negative views on here

to somehow parroting media viewpoints

that simply appears to disrespect many dissenting viewpoints

that's my 2 cents worth of commentary

and likely that is overvaluing the value of this post

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

So they feel bad inside and want to have the Ferland type of player instead.

meh, I would rather have the officiating in our back pockets that LET guys like Ferland take runs at other players without fear of getting a penalty (and make no mistake, those charges should have been penalized).  We get players suspended for an ENTIRE post-season for a legal hit that was late by less than a second.

If you're really a fan who "enjoys watching the games to see the outcome & be entertained by both sides" why concern yourself with what others are thinking? You're not the 'thought police', I'd have to imagine.

Speaking for myself: I watch games(usually just Van ones, closely) with the hopes that the league is being run consistently & honestly. When I think that's been compromised, I get mighty p*ssed off! In 2011(as in 1994) I suspect many Canuck-backers felt a similar way, which probably exacerbated matters beyond the usual frustration of a 7 game Finals-shortcoming.

That said, I wasn't there(in country) back in 2011. Anyways in this internet era, everyone seems to want to stereotype, smear & associate actions of individuals, who are probably thinking independently(but identify with larger groups. EG: a fanbase). This is lazy thinking, & a type of trolling within itself.

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

meh, I would rather have the officiating in our back pockets that LET guys like Ferland take runs at other players without fear of getting a penalty (and make no mistake, those charges should have been penalized).  We get players suspended for an ENTIRE post-season for a legal hit that was late by less than a second.

So why do so many fans want hitters instead of players?

3 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

So why do so many fans want hitters instead of players?

You didn't get the point of my post.  Ferland would've been a nonfactor had the refs actually officiated the game the way they were supposed to.  Look how the Flyers ran the Red Army out of their building via their thuggery.

Two different standards.  One for the other team, and "by the book" for us.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

You didn't get the point of my post.  Ferland would've been a nonfactor had the refs actually officiated the game the way they were supposed to.  Look how the Flyers ran the Red Army out of their building via their thuggery.

Two different standards.  One for the other team, and "by the book" for us.

Ok, so when he play for us he will more often go to the penalty box instead and make sure that Loui is needed at the PK. I thought he would replace Loui at the PK.

I care about the team a lot, and I feel like I can say I’m probably more knowledgeable about certain players, strategies, and workings than most casual fans. I like to take my time with moves, and research the benefits that they can have. At the time the Eriksson signing made sense and people loved it, but it just didn’t work out. Same with Lucic and Backes that year, but look at which GM gets the most hate. 

I don’t think I’m negative, I’m more-or-less critical, but I’m not negative. I try to see the good moves, and I can see the bad as well. 

18 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I agree. Take you for instance. You write a long post about Loui Ericksson and then in your next post, because some posters disagreed with some of your points, you called the Canuck fan base stupid.

So yes, like you, the Canuck fan base is quick to react.

Actually you and the person I was responding to was what inspired this post. He asked if I thought the Canuck fan base was stupid. I quoted him an said I did. I was responding as if it was a rhetorical question and you took me seriously.

• Wat 1

Here is my take....

everyone is entitled to their opinion.  A true fan wants the team to be successful and feels there is something the team needs to do differently to be successful.

their opinion may differ from team management’s position but that does not stop making them a fan!!! What irritates me is the many on here that feel you are a traitor if you disagree with JB or Green and also the people that can’t seem to respectfully disagree with other who have an opposing position 

that’s my opinion, it’s right and I will attack anyone who disagrees..... KIDDING 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Actually you and the person I was responding to was what inspired this post. He asked if I thought the Canuck fan base was stupid. I quoted him an said I did. I was responding as if it was a rhetorical question and you took me seriously.

You are weird.

• Haha 2

You're %100 right. 

The only reason we don't have a cup is because of how many passionate fans we have that often spread so much negative energy. 

Look at the leafs... Same story. The two franchises are the most covered and talked about teams in their respective province.

I was definitely guilty of this... Always thinking negatively etc etc 

Canucks fans need to read the secret and change their mindset for us to become Champs. 

(not that championships really matter in a fixed league, but still) 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1