The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which new player will have the biggest impact next season?

Rate this topic

48MPHSlapShot

Which UFA signing will have the biggest impact next season?  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Simple question. Which of the new players entering the fold next season will have the biggest impact on the team? I'll add Hughes to the poll as well, as he only played 5 games last year. Also, I won't add any of the depth guys like Fantenberg for obvious reasons.

Gotta disagree...  it’s not an easy question..  you’ve loaded up ;) 

I picked Ferland,.  if if I had the option to pick 2 players I would go Ferland Miller..   we can talk about how the pp should come to life with a dynamic Hughes on a point getting points..    but how do you get on the pp?   A dynamic punch of force driving the net a point, or to set presence in your offensive entry will usually draw the penalty to get you on the power play,.   I’m excited for this season, very, not since we had Pavel Bure, or the Twins in their prime.

We’ve usually done well out of the gate when the season begins, that I think could be credited to high level of fitness and nutrition that the Franchise fully supports and the players buy into..  Im sure we see the same, but instead of that 10 -12 game punch,  I hope to see it go 25 games and 40 points of excitement.

Every player you’ve listed is an example of how one player can compliment the other,  a full Team effort is what I am excited for.

• Cheers 1

for now, JT Miller. 

the chemistry or the role (whatever you want to call it) with EP40 and BB6 might become magic.

when the shoe fits...it's unbelievable how comfortable it becomes compare to when the shoe doesn't fit...the best analogy that I can come up with to describe the effect when the player fit together...lol

However, if QH can play a two way game and becomes a plus player with both good defensive play and excellent offensive play, then he will be a major up grade (he needs to play well at both ends to have a major effect).

• Like 1

Tough call... Went with Miller, but changed it to Hughes.

Not sure about that neither as Ferland, while maybe not making as much points, will give EP and BB the room needed to play up to their potential.

I just love every single one of these signings, and think they all bring something we've been missing... very excited.

• Upvote 2

I put Hughes, but truthfully am a bit of a homer for that. The kid is a rookie and shouldn’t have to shoulder the responsibility of turning around the whole D in one year. I do think his growth and ability will be the most exciting to watch. I am also hoping that Ferland can mesh with EP and Brock so Miller can play with Bo. I just think having such a skilled player of Miller’s size with Bo is going to be a nightmare for other teams. Ferland can skate, hit and look out for EP while digging out pucks for Brock to hammer home. The real story this year is going to be if they can all mesh as a team. If that happens the Canucks are more than just a dark horse for the playoffs. These additions if healthy will not be a team you want to face in the first round. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Pete M said:

if this team is in the playoff picture near seasons end. then Tryamkin showing up may be what the doctor ordered to have a major positive impact.

This...right here. How would you like to be the opposing coach for game 1 round 1 with Bo, Miller, Pearson, Tryamkin and Myers in the ice. That leaves EP, Brock, Ferland and Quinn sitting on the bench for the ensuing power play...This isn’t our old Sedin team anymore. I just hope they stop coaching the drop pass and “turn the other cheek” attitude. Let the boys play. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

This...right here. How would you like to be the opposing coach for game 1 round 1 with Bo, Miller, Pearson, Tryamkin and Myers in the ice. That leaves EP, Brock, Ferland and Quinn sitting on the bench for the ensuing power play...This isn’t our old Sedin team anymore. I just hope they stop coaching the drop pass and “turn the other cheek” attitude. Let the boys play. 

Can see Calgary shaking in their boots if the Canucks are a wildcard matchup or if the Canucks/ Flames finish 2nd and 3rd in the division for a first round matchup...

first thing I would have the team do is hit #5 every chance they get.

...like the realistic hope the fans are having for making the playoffs...it's been a long time coming!

I chose Hughes and am unsurprised to see he’s running away with it... for all the excitement of Myers-Miller-Ferland-Benn we’ve been missing that elite puck mover for years.  Combined with a polished top 6, Quinn could have himself a season.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Simple question. Which of the new players entering the fold next season will have the biggest impact on the team? I'll add Hughes to the poll as well, as he only played 5 games last year. Also, I won't add any of the depth guys like Fantenberg for obvious reasons.

At 6'8 i think Myers impact will be the biggest  ;)

• Haha 2

Quinn Hugh’s  I’m not saying that because I’m a huge fan of the possibilities this guy possesses. I’m say this because of the other guy on the list provided. They are gonna make this kid better. He’ll have room and gentle reminders from his elder players of his defensive responsibilities. This fellow is going to hit the NHL hard.  

On 7/14/2019 at 9:34 PM, Alflives said:

I say Quinn gets over 60 points this season.  That’s a big difference to our offence.  

Still at it eh?  :) That would be beyond phenomenal. I hope you are right.

I agree he will make the biggest impact - amplified by us not having a recent history of high-impact blueliners.

I think Ferland and Miller are big additions which will noticeably help us as they not so quietly go upon their business but I think Hughes is the guy we will sit up and get excited for.

It has to be Myers. I hope Hughes has a tremendous rookie season and gets a lot of points but if he in his first year becomes one of the better dman that we have on the roster then the Canucks will no chance in a playoff spot. I am really hoping that Myers steps up to his paycheck and becomes one of the best two defenceman that we have like his salary warrants. If he wants to live up to his signing, he needs to have a bigger impact as a veteran presence than putting extra pressure on a rookie in Hughes.

I picked Ferkland because his presence will allow a suddenly big team play even bigger , and that is going to allow the skill players to make plays and skate  a lot more effectively. Having that size along with the skill to play in the top 6 is a rare combination imo , it's going to be fun to watch! :)

I do not believe it will be just one. I think they are all pieces that will change the culture of the team. I think it will lead to players staying healthy for more games. There will be more of an all for one shift. Not a Guddy or Try will protect you.