The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Senators sign Michael Carcone

Probably has as good a shot or better at making that squad as any other I suppose. What a jump in salary if you make the bigs though - couple months in the show you've made your entire ahl salary. 

Best of luck to him - and thanks for landing us Leivo.

A bit of a tough move to Ottawa though.  Is it tougher to make that lineup than the Leafs?

And that's only part joke - the reality is this:

Ottawa's bottom six has guys like Zack Smith, Pageau, Boedker, Ennis, Duclair, Veronneau to compete with.

Toronto's has 3 or 4 bargain basement UFA replacement players - Nick Shore, Spezza, Agostino (Petan).  I like the Leafs top 3 lines - scorez all the goalz!  But a 4th line of Spezza, Petan and placeholder/UFA bargain - not exactly very hard to play against.   An interesting model for sure - but I might give Carcone a better shot at displacing a Leaf than a Sen.

Add to that the Leafs projected blueline:

Defensive Pairings Defense
Morgan Rielly
Morgan Rielly

Rating: 79.8#5 LD

Tyson Barrie
Tyson Barrie

Rating: 79.5#12 RD

DL1 Rating
Rating: 79.65#2 DL1
Jake Muzzin
Jake Muzzin

Rating: 75.5#21 LD

Cody Ceci
Cody Ceci

Rating: 70.8#87 RD

DL2 Rating
Rating: 73.13#21 DL2
Travis Dermott
Travis Dermott

Rating: 74.6#33 LD

Timothy Liljegren
Timothy Liljegren
DL3 Rating
Rating: 74.61

That is a pond hockey first pairing - and if Gardiner Dermott got ventilated in the playoffs....let's see how Dermott Liljegren fare - particularly with what is probably the softest 4th line in the NHL (if not ever).

Edited by oldnews
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well this isn't correct at all. Isn't Benning supposed to be the one who ends up with no assets after a deal? 

Lol i was just going to ask the "Asset Management " crowd to burn down dubas? 

Basically T.o. gave up a 15g scorer for nothing? :P

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

Best of luck to him - and thanks for landing us Leivo.

A bit of a tough move to Ottawa though.  Is it tougher to make that lineup than the Leafs?

And that's only part joke - the reality is this:

Ottawa's bottom six has guys like Zack Smith, Pageau, Boedker, Ennis, Duclair, Veronneau to compete with.

Toronto's has 3 or 4 bargain basement UFA replacement players - Nick Shore, Spezza, Agostino (Petan).  I like the Leafs top 3 lines - scorez all the goalz!  But a 4th line of Spezza, Petan and placeholder/UFA bargain - not exactly very hard to play against.   An interesting model for sure - but I might give Carcone a better shot at displacing a Leaf than a Sen.

Add to that the Leafs projected blueline:

Defensive Pairings Defense
Morgan Rielly
Morgan Rielly

Rating: 79.8#5 LD

Tyson Barrie
Tyson Barrie

Rating: 79.5#12 RD

DL1 Rating
Rating: 79.65#2 DL1
Jake Muzzin
Jake Muzzin

Rating: 75.5#21 LD

Cody Ceci
Cody Ceci

Rating: 70.8#87 RD

DL2 Rating
Rating: 73.13#21 DL2
Travis Dermott
Travis Dermott

Rating: 74.6#33 LD

Timothy Liljegren
Timothy Liljegren
DL3 Rating
Rating: 74.61

That is a pond hockey first pairing - and if Gardiner Dermott got ventilated in the playoffs....let's see how Dermott Liljegren fare - particularly with what is probably the softest 4th line in the NHL (if not ever).

I'm going to enjoy watching the Canucks crush the Leafs from a physical standpoint.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'm going to enjoy watching the Canucks crush the Leafs from a physical standpoint.

I imagine Harpur takes Liljegren's spot and he would add some size there. But still won't be enough to counter what we would be bringing.