The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal]: Gaudette + Virtanen + Demko + Stecher + Tryamkin rights for 2020 lottery 1st (at the 2020 draft)

1 minute ago, Canadian said:

Five players individually who are all possibly worth a 1st round pick........for one pick?

:sick:

True, but if many of the players that I mentioned are worth mid-to-low 1sts by themselves, then can you imagine what type offer we could possibly receive in return?   Top 5 pick perhaps?  Dare I say, Top 3?

8 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

You obviously haven't heard - JB has a plan.

Just spitballing,  but I'm guessing his plan doesn't involve trading half the team he built. 

I’m also just spitballing obviously, but I can’t see how Benning will be able to re-up any of the RFA’s that I mentioned.

4 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

giphy.gif

We won’t be able to afford to re-up the aforementioned RFA’s over these next two seasons in my opinion.   Hence, my idea to “cash in” and trade them for a super high 2020 lottery pick (ie a pick that won’t serve as any hindrance towards our cap in terms of being able to successfully re-up Pettersson and Hughes).

1) The Edler and Tanev money (10.5 million) need to be re-invested into their top defensive replacements.

2) Any other extra money will need to go towards Brock, EP, Markstrom, and Hughes (which I estimate to be around 26.5 million).

Edited by Hindustan Smyl

4 minutes ago, BPA said:

Ha Ha Ha Ha.

:lol:

Oh wait...you're serious.

:mellow:

:picard:

I am.  

My math might be off obviously, but from what I gather......

Eriksson trade (zero retention) + letting all of our UFA’s walk over the next two years = 37 million.   Of that 37 million however, atleast 10.5 million will be needed to replace Edler and Tanev on defense.....if the Canucks want to keep their defense strong.   The other 26.5 million will be needed to re-up Markstrom, Boeser, Hughes, and Pettersson.    By my rough calculations, all of the above (plus adding in the extra cap space that we’d get from the net difference between the 20212022 cap ceiling and today’s ceiling) would just make us break-even......and I’m being optimistic.

Hence, my idea.

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Why do some fans hate having quality depth?

Let's just go with NO on this

I don’t hate having quality depth at all.   Trust me.

I just don’t see a situation where we will be able to realistically re-up the aforementioned RFA’s due to the money that we will have to spend on the following over these next two years.

1) Boeser

2) Markstrom 

3) Pettersson

4) Hughes

5) Edler and Tanev, or their top 4 defensive replacements (10.5 million re-invested either into Edler and Tanev, or other top 4 caliber dmen).

you must be bored

a summer of little hockey news is bothering you?

go look at capfriendly

as things presently stand it shows the team has cap space of

22.8 million after this season

46 million after the next season (when huges and ep40 are due for increases)

without any cap increase built in

yet you believe there is a problem that requires moving a bunch of assets

Edited by coastal.view
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Canadian said:

Five players individually who are all possibly worth a 1st round pick........for one pick?

:sick:

Wait who in that list is worth a first on their own?

Anyways 5 for 1 deals never happen so really not much of a discussion here.