The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal]: Gaudette + Virtanen + Demko + Stecher + Tryamkin rights for 2020 lottery 1st (at the 2020 draft)

33 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

People react so strongly to trade proposals such as this.  One would think you were trying to trade their brother or best friend.  Such is the way of passionate Canuck fans.

People react so strongly because it is so bizarre and fantasy like it becomes stupid.

You are an intelligent and reasonable poster. Have you ever, in your life, ever seen an actual NHL trade in real life that even approached something like what was proposed? No....because it has NEVER happened and WILL NEVER happen in real life. Posters just get sick and tired of silly proposals that would never happen. That is all.

Gaudette + Virtanen + Demko + Stecher + Tryamkin rights for 2020 lottery 1st   :picard:

It is simply ridiculous.

36 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

People react so strongly because it is so bizarre and fantasy like it becomes stupid.

You are an intelligent and reasonable poster. Have you ever, in your life, ever seen an actual NHL trade in real life that even approached something like what was proposed? No....because it has NEVER happened and WILL NEVER happen in real life. Posters just get sick and tired of silly proposals that would never happen. That is all.

Gaudette + Virtanen + Demko + Stecher + Tryamkin rights for 2020 lottery 1st   :picard:

It is simply ridiculous.

Although I expect that +/-2 of those players will develop into top notch NHL players, it is possible that not even one progresses to that level.  It is also possible that a 2020 1st round lotto pick could end up being a top notch player.

As you have stated, a trade like this is highly unlikely and as far as I'm concerned, way too risky for the Canucks.

CDC posters may be sick and tired of silly proposals, but they also have a choice to read them or not. 

51 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

To give feedback. When something is horrible, the OP needs to know.

Same reason why I give negative feedback to junior employees I work with during appraisals. If they are dropping the ball and no one tells them that helps no one and they will not know what to improve on. Most supervisors are very weak in this area of managing people because they are scared to provide negative feedback. I am not. ::D

In this case, the OP continues to make bizarre and unrealistic proposals constantly at hf and now here.

That’s great.  However you entirely missed the real issue which is the very real cap crunch this team is going to be in two years from now.  The OPs trade might be right off in left field, which I agree on, but the main issue is bang on. As a manager how would you propose to fix this?   

BTW I worked owned a construction company and understand when you need to give sh&t.  In fact it’s a daily occurrence in the field and the things that happen their would make government supervisors keel over.  Had a three day rule for newbees and a lot wouldn’t make it.  That said you don’t want to rule by fear, you want your guys to love you and stand infront of a bus for you.  My crew outproduced everyone in my field while I worked as a result.  There is a time and place to give it to someone for sure but you need the entire context.   In this case Hindustan is brave enough to bring up subjects that are important even if he doesn’t have all the pieces in place he know there is an out point (cap issue in two years).  Good on you for being brave enough to hide behind a computer and device and give someone crap and pointing out the obvious.   Keep up the good work.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

.  Good on you for being brave enough to hide behind a computer and device and give someone crap and pointing out the obvious.   

Haha another internet tough guy.

Bravo ibatch......you should have one more i in your handle instead of any a.  :ph34r:  Keep your day job slinging a hammer or whatever.

Edited by Kanukfanatic