The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blackhawks trade Artem Anisimov to Senators for Zack Smith

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Anismov with a 4.55 cap hit, but 2 million salary after bonus this year, and 3 total next year.....

Not dissimilar to Eriksson's structure...

Edited by aGENT

LE / Boedker still a possibility.....

Not sure I like this deal for Ottawa.

Anisimov's been unable to produce much, playing with Kane, Saad, et al....

But they probably needed a veteran center though, so that makes sense.

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

LE / Boedker still a possibility.....

Not sure I like this deal for Ottawa.

Anisimov's been unable to produce much, playing with Kane, Saad, et al....

But they probably needed a veteran center though, so that makes sense.

And, at least according to the OP, there doesn't appear to have been any sweetener, retention etc...

19 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I guess Anisimov's NTC expired too. Doubt he's thrilled :lol:

Edit: 

@mll @theo5789, I thought they weren't going to be trading for any actual NHL players because their roster was so set?

I'm not sure what you're referencing to. They moved out a player and acquired a player. They didn't add anyone, so their roster is still the same. They took on a guy with a higher cap hit and lower salary (which was the basis of me suggesting LE for Smith the entire time). Same term though, so no sweeteners involved because it benefitted both sides equally. Most likely Ottawa wanted a significant add for taking on the extra year (which seems like the trend now) of LE and Benning isn't doing that.

One less trading partner for the Canucks to make, so this is bad for us.

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

I'm not sure what you're referencing to. They moved out a player and acquired a player. They didn't add anyone, so their roster is still the same. They took on a guy with a higher cap hit and lower salary (which was the basis of me suggesting LE for Smith the entire time). Same term though, so no sweeteners involved because it benefitted both sides equally. Most likely Ottawa wanted a significant add for taking on the extra year (which seems like the trend now) of LE and Benning isn't doing that.

I don't know, you and mll kept telling me there was no way OTT was swapping any of their players for Eriksson as their roster was set and they had no need for him....

6 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

How do we know Loui, who does have a full No Trade Clause, didn’t nix an Ottawa destination already?  He, according Murphy, nixed the Oilers.  Loui is going to burn every bridge JB tries to build, and he’s ending up in Utica.  

• Upvote 4

Just now, aGENT said:

I don't know, you and mll kept telling me there was no way OTT was swapping any of their players for Eriksson as their roster was set and they had no need for him....

I don't think I personally said that. I think I was saying that we shouldn't be thinking they wanted LE as a boost to their roster. It would strictly be a financial decision like this deal was. I doubt they acquired Anisimov thinking he would better their team (out of the AHL realm).

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I didn't realise that you were suggesting to take a roster player back.  The post I saw from you was that they needed players.  I listed the 8 regulars they already had + Tkachuk and White which leaves only 2 spots in the lineup for prospects.  They seem to expect some of their young players to compete for the remaining spots.   

You did bring up the PK minutes and I had Smith as one of their top-4 with Pageau, Tierney and Brown.