The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Micheal Ferland | #79 | LW

-DLC-

13 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

His career stats thus far:

FerlandStats.png

Ferland had 182 hits last year.  That's upper third in the league total and top 25 for forwards.  Only Ovi, Josh Anderson, and Tom Wilson had more hits while producing more then 40 points like Ferland. 

Between Ferland, Motte, Virtanen and Miller as forwards and Benn on defence, I don't think we will be out hit many nights.... Which should hopefully mean less hits against and less shot blocks... Which should lessen the amount if injuries sustained.  

Looking forward to Woo, ZMac, Tram and Podz added to the mix down the line as well.

• Upvote 3

Can't wait. No disrespect to previous rosters, but the Canucks have been a fairly soft team. It's great to see Benning bringing in some grit and size to the lineup. I think he would flourish with Pettersson and Boeser. Possibly get a career high 25 goals and 50 points? I'm sure he'd do well with Bo as well. He's a Swan River boy, I've been there. I think he'll have a real good work ethic, loads of character, and his team mates will feel good out there knowing he's got their backs. Ferland will be an instant fan favourite, as soon as he lays out his first big hit. Going to be fun playing CGY.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Hated him when he was with Calgary for obvious reasons.  Happy to have him on this team though. Matheson isn't going to be able to run from the injury he has coming to him this year.  Either he drops the mitts with Ferlund or he gets drilled from behind in the boards; love it.

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

It'll be interesting to see how consistent this guy is over the course of an 82 game season. Hope he does well, we could use a player with his tool-set.

The nice thing about Ferland is that he's a guy that can still have value even when he's not producing. Obviously we all hope he can produce consistently for the entire season, but even if the offense does dry up at some point, his physical play will still be useful to us. As long as he can stay healthy, he'll have value to us no matter what. That's what I really like about this signing.

• Upvote 1