The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Micheal Ferland | #79 | LW

-DLC-

11 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

I can't tell if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me?

Willie got a concussion, so they shut him down for the year, he then was able to come back and play the next year... Which only helps my argument.

Willie was furious he was shut down?  No, that's fake news. 

Yeah, the person you quoted has it wrong. Willie went to Tofino, for whatever reason (probably just a coincidence) that helped him get rid of his symptoms. He came back. he didn't get re-signed by the Canucks because of a concern about concussion history. That is what made him mad, I think. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Yeah, the person you quoted has it wrong. Willie went to Tofino, for whatever reason (probably just a coincidence) that helped him get rid of his symptoms. He came back. he didn't get re-signed by the Canucks because of a concern about concussion history. That is what made him mad, I think. 

Gillis, if I remember right, said that he didn’t offer Willie a contract because in his opinion Willie shouldn’t play any more fir long term health reasons.  Maybe those extra few seasons Willie played affect him after age 50 or 60?  We really don’t know.  Furley shouldn’t play another game.  Collect his pay on LTIR, and call it a career. 

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Kushman said:

And that's all she wrote. Ferlands career is done. Hope he makes a full recovery and enjoys the rest of his time with his family. Playing anymore hockey at this point is dangerous.

Thanks for trying Ferland we appreciate the effort, time to hang them up and think about your own health and your family. And thats all I have to say about that. Any negative comments towards this man would be disgusting and highly inappropriate.

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Not going to speculate whether Ferland should retire or not, as he's an adult and only he can really decide what's best for him once he's fully recovered from his symptoms.  I understand the sentiment for him to avoid long-term damage but it's difficult to ask a competitive young man to walk away from the sport he loves.  All we can do is support the guy in his recovery and accept any decision he makes.

Best of luck to him.

I am for a Crosby-like full season sideline for a full recovery.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Violator said:

Said we shouldn't sign him cause of concussion issues.

Doctors gave all clear. He needs to retire now, and although that sucks, its time to do what’s best for the player and his family.

Having him on the books for 3.5 doesn’t actually hurt us.

3 minutes ago, Violator said:

Said we shouldn't sign him cause of concussion issues.

You were clearly right.  But his cap goes poof on LTIR (Robidas Island) so it’s no harm to us.  Plus, Furley got a huge payday.  Good fir him and his family.  He will get the best of treatment in the States, because he can afford it.  Guys with no money, who are stuck in our system of medical care are the ones that are screwed. 

• Wat 1

3 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Doctors gave all clear. He needs to retire now, and although that sucks, its time to do what’s best for the player and his family.

Having him on the books for 3.5 doesn’t actually hurt us.

Does he get his money if he retires though?  LTIR is the only way he continues getting paid isn’t it?  

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Trebreh said:

Ferland is done. Looks like Simmonds will be a Canuck soon. 

That would be cool

Had high hopes for Ferland but as I just

learned from these past few pages it looks like he should cut his health losses and enjoy his millions 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1