The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Micheal Ferland | #79 | LW

-DLC-

45 minutes ago, aGENT said:

No roster limits in playoffs. Cap still applies normally.

Though I have read rumors that if the NHL does come back, the league won't be enforcing cap limits given the freak season.

Can't really penalize a team that picked up a player at the TDL because they had a guy out the rest of the season on LTIR, who's now healthy.

No cap in the playoffs either.  

Edited by mll

On May 15, 2020 at 6:12 PM, -AJ- said:

Do we need to be under the cap for the playoffs? With Boeser back off LTIR, I'm not sure if that roster fits under the cap.

I think Boeser was back for few games before Covid 19? Must be okay..

Just now, wildcam said:

I think Boeser was back for few games before Covid 19? Must be okay..

I do believe you might be correct actually. Forgot about that, but I still think with a fully healthy roster we're over the cap. Either way, some other posters have said the cap doesn't matter for the playoffs, so we'll hope we can run our full team anyway.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

I do believe you might be correct actually. Forgot about that, but I still think with a fully healthy roster we're over the cap. Either way, some other posters have said the cap doesn't matter for the playoffs, so we'll hope we can run our full team anyway.

Yes in playoffs no sure about cap? I honestly feel we could go on a long run with the strong forward group, strong Marky and if defence can hold there own?

It will be a long run..Go Canucks Go

On 5/22/2020 at 4:23 PM, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Yes.  He came back and got 1 game in, just before they shut 'er down.  It seems to me that it may have been the same situation with Motte as well.

I Heard Ferland is feeling pretty good,.  I’m curious about Leivo..  could be another bright addition.

• Vintage 1

On 2/15/2020 at 3:10 PM, Toyotasfan said:

Carolina was negligent in recognizing an injury, properly diagnosis, treatment and ultimately signing off on a clean bill of health. Doesn’t really seem like an insurance company will be ok with paying out +/- 10 to 12 million (give or take) for an injury that can’t be even pinpointed to an exact day. Ferland obviously just wants to play , but I have a feeling it will go to the lawyers and could turn ugly. 

Insurance companies won't just insure anyone and if they insure a high risk person the premiums are extremely high. If that person paid the premiums there is nothing the insurance company can do. I don't even think we know if the contract is insured and with his history I doubt it was even insurable. Not just that but insurance companies have doctors or use credible doctors and they will not accuse a doctor of lying.

On 5/16/2020 at 1:14 AM, canuktravella said:

fergot about motte and leivo  geezus we have alot of forwards that wont be here next yr  sutter beagle motte leivo eriksson ferland roussel could all be gone  5of7 of these guys will be gone at least 

many of them have contracts, which mean they have to traded or bought out. which means other teams need to want them. we just can’t throw them away. motte is affordable and will come in handy with trying to sign the ufa’s. motte is fiesty and one of our more consistant hitters. with macewen and beagle they form an effective 4th line. who would be cheaper and more effective than motte.?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/25/2020 at 11:25 AM, smithers joe said:

many of them have contracts, which mean they have to traded or bought out. which means other teams need to want them. we just can’t throw them away. motte is affordable and will come in handy with trying to sign the ufa’s. motte is fiesty and one of our more consistant hitters. with macewen and beagle they form an effective 4th line. who would be cheaper and more effective than motte.?

macewen

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canuktravella said:

macewen is a better goal scorer  and makes bigger hits 

You're probably right on both counts, but I think Motte would play harder along the boards (more like Hansen used to) and I think that would be more valuable than a slight increase in offense. MacEwen is far bigger and definitely hits harder, but Motte actually hits more often. We're probably splitting hairs on the two guys, but my gut is that Motte would be a bit more valuable in playoff hockey. MacEwen would be fine too though.

22 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

You're probably right on both counts, but I think Motte would play harder along the boards (more like Hansen used to) and I think that would be more valuable than a slight increase in offense. MacEwen is far bigger and definitely hits harder, but Motte actually hits more often. We're probably splitting hairs on the two guys, but my gut is that Motte would be a bit more valuable in playoff hockey. MacEwen would be fine too though.

22 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

i guess we will see should be entertaining regardless

• Like 1

On May 26, 2020 at 9:44 PM, -AJ- said:

I agree with you but have to give the edge to MacEwen 6'3, 210, skating is great, decent hands, will drop gloves to protect teammates and any time you have a guy with size and speed coming into the offence it makes defence think fast..Big Zack will add a great element to Canucks lineup in physical games ..

I see Zack eventually being on 3rd line in next few years future GP 75 - G 15-19 -PTS 35-44 playing even more physical, very exciting future..

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

I agree with you but have to give the edge to MacEwen 6'3, 210, skating is great, decent hands, will drop gloves to protect teammates and any time you have a guy with size and speed coming into the offence it makes defence think fast..Big Zack will add a great element to Canucks lineup in physical games ..

I see Zack eventually being on 3rd line in next few years future GP 75 - G 15-19 -PTS 35-44 playing even more physical, very exciting future..

why-not-both.jpg

• Upvote 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/ben-kuzma-healthy-ferland-would-be-post-season-bonus-for-canucks-that-s-the-hope/ar-BB153lcT?ocid=spartan-dhp-feeds

'As the Canucks await their best-of-five, qualifying-round matchup with the Minnesota Wild in late July, they also have to wonder how Ferland could possibly be part of their mix.

There is encouraging news. The 28-year-old Swan River, Man. native is skating and training in the Winnipeg area and will be ready for training camp in mid-July.'

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/ben-kuzma-healthy-ferland-would-be-post-season-bonus-for-canucks-that-s-the-hope/ar-BB153lcT?ocid=spartan-dhp-feeds

'As the Canucks await their best-of-five, qualifying-round matchup with the Minnesota Wild in late July, they also have to wonder how Ferland could possibly be part of their mix.

There is encouraging news. The 28-year-old Swan River, Man. native is skating and training in the Winnipeg area and will be ready for training camp in mid-July.'

We still have no idea what kind of player Ferland is as a Canuck. That's the incredible part.

I'm more than a little concerned about his longterm health, but if he plays anywhere close to a top 9 NHLer and brings his token physicality to this lineup, it could be a massive boost.

However, I rewatched the fight that supposedly lead to the concussion, and I just don't see any point where he got tagged... or really anything that looked like it could have lead to injury. 

That's the part that concerns me most. Sure, he's had plenty of time to heal and he probably feels okay right now. But it's hard to be impactful when everybody on the ice knows you're one check away from being sidelined.

1 minute ago, nergish said:

We still have no idea what kind of player Ferland is as a Canuck. That's the incredible part.

I'm more than a little concerned about his longterm health, but if he plays anywhere close to a top 9 NHLer and brings his token physicality to this lineup, it could be a massive boost.

However, I rewatched the fight that supposedly lead to the concussion, and I just don't see any point where he got tagged... or really anything that looked like it could have lead to injury. 

That's the part that concerns me most. Sure, he's had plenty of time to heal and he probably feels okay right now. But it's hard to be impactful when everybody on the ice knows you're one check away from being sidelined.

Further down in the article gives a bit more hope, referencing Bergeron's 4 concussions, and the success he's had after that. Cautious optimism, best describes it for me.

• Like 1