debluvscanucks

Micheal Ferland | #79 | LW

21 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/ben-kuzma-canucks-planning-for-healthy-return-of-ferland-if-season-is-salvaged?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1585864493

Hope for a speedy and full recovery.  Obviously thinking of his way of life/family/mental health above everything, but would love to see a healthy Ferland make a comeback if possible.  The team looked very passive in the physical department when he was out.

I'm scared for Ferkie tbh. I don't want him getting better just to have his bell rung one more time. 

• Hydration 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

On 4/2/2020 at 11:39 AM, -AJ- said:

Yeah, I will be skeptical about his health until he's actually playing real NHL games and not having symptoms. Concussions are nasty like that.

Yup, look how long he lasted in the AHL game

If were going to bring him back, let's wait til January. No full contact till then. Heal the brain first.

If he comes back and only lasts a few games let him go. It's not a lifetime guarantee to play.

• Hydration 1

26 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

If were going to bring him back, let's wait til January. No full contact till then. Heal the brain first.

If he comes back and only lasts a few games let him go. It's not a lifetime guarantee to play.

Sometimes it’s hard to hold these young men back Hairy,  and at the same time they know it hurts to be out of the game for too long..  I’m guessing next October we see him.. I would prefer for Management to take a programed approach to this for a month where he plays every other game, that would also work positively to give a couple of worthy prospects to cut their teeth early.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Maybe they signed him(an extra yr; cheaper AAV) knowing he needed time to heal fully/completely?

Tell him to claim headaches, if there was any early uncertainty. Bingo, gives LTIR space, & insurance covers most of the 1st season.

By sticking their neck out to such a degree(helping a guy with a young family) they get a committed soldier for the last 3 seasons.

Worst case is he never gets back to feeling 100%, & they LTIR/insurance-cover all the way to 2024.

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Maybe they signed him(an extra yr; cheaper AAV) knowing he needed time to heal fully/completely?

Tell him to claim headaches, if there was any early uncertainty. Bingo, gives LTIR space, & insurance covers most of the 1st season.

By sticking their neck out to such a degree(helping a guy with a young family) they get a committed soldier for the last 3 seasons.

Worst case is he never gets back to feeling 100%, & they LTIR/insurance-cover all the way to 2024.

do you really think that is the way business on done?

• Like 1

Bummer that he didn't pan out for us. 

Yea. I know...."But he got injured......he's got concussion issues....and on and on...."  

My views on the acquisition of Ferland were of mixed feelings at the time. As an original Flames draft pick, he was a project player. We certainly know of that. Goldy comes to mind.

I hold no belief he will be a top six on our 'Nucks. Nor do I believe he'll ever play enough games in a season to make an impact. 

I'm I being a Debby Downer, or does anyone else share my thoughts......

• Huggy Bear 1

I really was so excited when Benning signed Ferland... Ferland plays with that high energy and edge that every team wants..

You could tell from his first shift he was holding back this past season..

I just hope he has a great recovery and no medical issues and can lead a healthy lifestyle..

If we have a healthy Ferland 6'1, 215 lbs playing 15-18 mins we will have a much tougher exciting team...

So excited to see big Ferland play his game again....

• Hydration 1

so if Ferland  is ready to play in playoffs  will Benning waive eriksson I feel like that's a distinct  possibility

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Toffoli

Roussel Gaudette Virtanen

Ferland Beagle MacEwen 

Sutter

Bailey, Baertchi, Lind, Jasek, Gadojvic, Gravoac (callups)

Hughes Tanev

Edler Myers

Benn Stecher

Fantenberg

Juolevi Rafferty  Brisebois (callups)

Markstrom

Demko

Dominque

looks good minus 3rd d pairing

• Hydration 1

5 hours ago, canuktravella said:

so if Ferland  is ready to play in playoffs  will Benning waive eriksson I feel like that's a distinct  possibility

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Toffoli

Roussel Gaudette Virtanen

Ferland Beagle MacEwen 

Sutter

Bailey, Baertchi, Lind, Jasek, Gadojvic, Gravoac (callups)

Hughes Tanev

Edler Myers

Benn Stecher

Fantenberg

Juolevi Rafferty  Brisebois (callups)

Markstrom

Demko

Dominque

looks good minus 3rd d pairing

Do we need to be under the cap for the playoffs? With Boeser back off LTIR, I'm not sure if that roster fits under the cap.

6 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Do we need to be under the cap for the playoffs? With Boeser back off LTIR, I'm not sure if that roster fits under the cap.

no cap during playoffs 

5 hours ago, smithers joe said:

where did my boy motte go.? love that guy. 

Me too, but I just don't think there's going to be any room for him Joe.  I think they'll be using some slightly more skilled fourth-liners in his place starting next season.

Just now, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Me too, but I just don't think there's going to be any room for him Joe.  I think they'll be using some slightly more skilled fourth-liners in his place starting next season.

I keep thinking Motte is going to be the odd one out, but then he always surprises me. I wouldn't be too surprised if he somehow still manages to retain a spot.

Just now, -AJ- said:

I keep thinking Motte is going to be the odd one out, but then he always surprises me. I wouldn't be too surprised if he somehow still manages to retain a spot.

I think a lot depends on Ferland's health, and the health of our forwards in general.

• Hydration 1

fergot about motte and leivo  geezus we have alot of forwards that wont be here next yr  sutter beagle motte leivo eriksson ferland roussel could all be gone  5of7 of these guys will be gone at least 

• Huggy Bear 1

On 2/15/2020 at 5:10 PM, Toyotasfan said:

Carolina was negligent in recognizing an injury, properly diagnosis, treatment and ultimately signing off on a clean bill of health. Doesn’t really seem like an insurance company will be ok with paying out +/- 10 to 12 million (give or take) for an injury that can’t be even pinpointed to an exact day. Ferland obviously just wants to play , but I have a feeling it will go to the lawyers and could turn ugly. 

On 2/15/2020 at 10:05 PM, Alflives said:

Love to see that happen, but me thinks Furley is done.  He needs to play a very aggressive and heavy game to be effective.  That’s just not possible with his bad coconut.  

On 2/16/2020 at 2:25 AM, N4ZZY said:

I tend to agree with this assesment. Ferland, while I love for him to come back and play for the Canucks, I don't know if he'll be effective if he doesn't play his game. I think he's done for at least this season. Not sure about his career. Crosby has had a few concussions as well, and he's come back from them. Ferland and him play different styles of game, that's for sure, but hockey is hockey right? And it's aggressive, and there are physical hits. I'd like to see if Ferland can rebound this season, but if not, that's ok. He needs to take care of his own health, his brain/mind and his family. That's far more important i the grander scheme of things, than, well, hockey. 

I have a feeling you guys are 100% wrong.

14 hours ago, canuktravella said:

no cap during playoffs 

No roster limits in playoffs. Cap still applies normally.

Though I have read rumors that if the NHL does come back, the league won't be enforcing cap limits given the freak season.

Can't really penalize a team that picked up a player at the TDL because they had a guy out the rest of the season on LTIR, who's now healthy.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, aGENT said:

No roster limits in playoffs. Cap still applies normally.

Though I have read rumors that if the NHL does come back, the league won't be enforcing cap limits given the freak season.

Can't really penalize a team that picked up a player at the TDL because they had a guy out the rest of the season on LTIR, who's now healthy.

No cap in the playoffs either.  

Edited by mll