The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Micheal Ferland | #79 | LW

-DLC-

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

He simply needs to get two negative results taken 48 hours apart I believe.

So if he’s already had it for a few days he might be able to be tested in like 10 days.

If he was in shape coming in 10 days off shouldn’t be a big deal.

Ferland was skating with the team as part of phase 2.  He's been back for at least a week and has likely been tested several times.  

1 hour ago, nux_win said:

Luckily he gets more than one swing.  Not saying it wasn't a swing and a miss, but that's only one strike.  Maybe two now.  But there's still a chance for a homer.  There's still hope he can contribute.  Go Canucks Go!

Yeah. I guess.  Not looking like a great at bat so far though. There is always miracles I suppose 

Sesame Street Idk GIF

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

lol no offence but when someone asked for a doctor you were the last guy ever on the list, next to d-money

paging j-23 to the operating room

why do people that have no medical training feel the need to pipe up as if they know a person better than there own doctor. Infuriating.

Are you a doctor?

Did you go to university?

Do you play professional sports?

Do you know Michael personally?

Have you ever had a nasty concussion playing sports?

Do you even play sports?

Do you know his exact medical condition?

Maybe you and TreMac can open up a little shop in White Rock.

:lol:

I’ve had a few concussions playing sports. 

Just care about my players health and safety.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

7 minutes ago, J-23 said:

:lol:

I’ve had a few concussions playing sports. 

Just care about my players health and safety.

Sweet, I've had a couple humdingers. I just find as an athlete that's been in that position it's personal and medical. Neither or which we know. I remember one dude coming back in the playoffs. Dallas I think. He wouldn't be cleared today but he defied all the doctors orders and won the series for them. I mean it's really personal. That decision should only be made by yourself, doctors, trainers, coaches, and family. Not some dude on the internet. I'd be pissed if I was Michael and you're writing me off and killing my way of life.

I get that you're concerned but that's an intensely intricate matter which you have close to zero knowledge of.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Sweet, I've had a couple humdingers. I just find as an athlete that's been in that position it's personal and medical. Neither or which we know. I remember one dude coming back in the playoffs. Dallas I think. He wouldn't be cleared today but he defied all the doctors orders and won the series for them. I mean it's really personal. That decision should only be made by yourself, doctors, trainers, coaches, and family. Not some dude on the internet. I'd be pissed if I was Michael and you're writing me off and killing my life.

I get that you're concerned but that's an intensely intricate matter which you have close to zero knowledge of.

I’m not writing of Ferland off. If he comes back and remains healthy that’s great.

Hockey isn’t his life, he’s got a family and life outside of it.

I look at Rick Nash, and can just see a lot of players taking that path. Put your health and safety first.

Edited by J-23

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 9:49 AM, Gawdzukes said:

lol no offence but when someone asked for a doctor you were the last guy ever on the list, next to d-money

paging j-23 to the operating room

why do people that have no medical training feel the need to pipe up as if they know a person better than there own doctor. Infuriating.

Are you a doctor?

Did you go to university?

Do you play professional sports?

Do you know Michael personally?

Have you ever had a nasty concussion playing sports?

Do you even play sports?

Do you know his exact medical condition?

Maybe you and TreMac can open up a little shop in White Rock.

Paging Dr. Recchi.

flammable dr. nick riviera GIF

When I was in third year at UVIC about 1968,  paying rugby, we had an Aussi named Peter playing for us. He got his "Bell rung" (which is what we called it in those days, because the word concussion had been invented yet) and came out of the game. In those days there were no substitutes, so you had to really feel awful if you pulled yourself from the game. The next game, he was back in, and started to feel bad, so walked over to the sidelines and collapsed. He died the next day.

Concussions are not good things.

Edited by wloutet
  • Upvote 2