The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Myers l #57 l D

-DLC-

21 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I have a feeling he is going to play a huge role in our playin and potential playoff run.

Started to really see him turn it up his game before the pandemic shut things down.  I thought he looked better when more was asked of him, particularly when he was paired with Hughes.  The more minutes he played he seemed to rise to the occasion.  

Not to mention most players have a slow adjustment period after signing a lengthy contract with a new team. It just takes them a while to find their niche. Since they know they're not going anywhere they can take the time to adjust properly in most cases. I thought he started playing really well towards the end too. He really added a lot to that 2nd PP.

33 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

Just popped in to show this guy some love MAN was he awesome last night.

I get hyper focused on guys like Miller and Boeser but he, Beagle and Sutter 

are starting to heat up loving the workman like shifts.

Weirdly I felt the opposite. He took three lazy minor penalties last night and if it wasn't for our strong PK while he was in the box, we well could have lost the game. He does have some good moments, but I feel he really struggles defensively sometimes. Nothing new based on what we heard from Buffalo fans before we signed him.

16 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Weirdly I felt the opposite. He took three lazy minor penalties last night and if it wasn't for our strong PK while he was in the box, we well could have lost the game. He does have some good moments, but I feel he really struggles defensively sometimes. Nothing new based on what we heard from Buffalo fans before we signed him.

He made nice crisp passes all night, had a couple of looks i thought could be dangerous. Most importantly

he was physical dont mind the penalties at all, loved the cross-check on Greenway to the head. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I just cringe anytime I see him rush the puck toward the other team's end.  When he does, he almost always panics and makes a terrible giveaway right around their blueline.  Watch if you don't believe me -- it's basically a never fail occurrence.  That being said, I love his size and the physical element to his game -- two important components he adds to our D.

Very good game today by Myers.

Loved how he dropped his 230 pounds on kunins neck when kunin crashed the crease.

Saying "please don't do that" doesn't work.

I loved Myers snarl today!!!!     

PS: oh ya...and punching parise in the face haha.  Man I have waited for someone with snarl that has size!!

Edited by CanuckCup2022
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, CanuckCup2022 said:

Very good game today by Myers.

Loved how he dropped his 230 pounds on kunins neck when kunin crashed the crease.

Saying "please don't do that" doesn't work.

I loved Myers snarl today!!!!     

PS: oh ya...and punching parise in the face haha.  Man I have waited for someone with snarl that has size!!

I agree with a lot of what you said. Myers may take some dumb penalties, have some dumb turnovers, but he gives us something we don't have on our DCore. He is a physical presence who enjoys being an ***hole

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The problem with Myers is that he does not play physical during the regular season, which is why he does not know how to control his emotions during this playoff. There are many veteran players that play physical and yet stay out of the box. I appreciate his enthusiasm  but he needs to tune it down.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maddogy said:

The problem with Myers is that he does not play physical during the regular season, which is why he does not know how to control his emotions during this playoff. There are many veteran players that play physical and yet stay out of the box. I appreciate his enthusiasm  but he needs to tune it down.

sure lol

9 hours ago, Outsiders said:

I got no complaints with Myers physicality. I love it. As the games go on a lot of what he is currently getting called for will be let go. However, Myers needs to stay out of the box. Play hard, but keep it within reason. 

It will also pay dividends in this 4th (and if needed, 5th) game(s). If their guys are just a bit more sore and less interested in getting in front of our crease or in our players faces etc... 

• Upvote 2

Myers is not all really good, nor is he all really bad.  He's got a lot of pluses, things like:

• He's a big guy which makes him
  • Able to play hard physical minutes and
  • covers a lot of space in the defensive zone
  • He also skates very well for a big man
  • He can at times make some very good passes and has reasonable offensive vision
  • He skates well with the puck
  • He clears the net front better than anyone else on the team - maybe too well at times
  • He can eat up a decent number of minutes a game, as another poster said this allows Tanev to be healthier.

On the down side:

• Meyers doesn't have great defensive vision in his own zone.  He has his 'spots' he's been coached to go to, but he doesn't see the open man (like Fiala) that needs someone on him
  • He hasn't been reading the refs all that well and has a hard time figuring out where they've drawn the line
  • which results in a lot of penalties so far in the play in round

As the Canucks go deeper in the playoffs, I expect his PIMs to drop as a number of them so far have been marginal calls.  I'm not sure if he can learn to be more aware of the open man, so Green will have to work on the forwards to be careful not to lose their coverage in the first place.

11 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Waiting on word for if he goes or not next game, probably won't get an update until tomorrow.

Best news I’ve heard so far. 

I’ll take that over a walking boot...

If he’s in, I give him 5 minutes I to the game and he’s back at it.

Edited by Me_

9 hours ago, Me_ said:

Best news I’ve heard so far. 

I’ll take that over a walking boot...

If he’s in, I give him 5 minutes I to the game and he’s back at it.

That's not news, that's me waiting to hear on what's happening. There literally hasn't been any news on what his injury was or if it will keep him out.

Blues will continue to attack our D with heavy forecheck and will go after Edler next, hitting players in the back on the numbers into the boards is a penalty all day everyday. If refs let game 3 look anything like game 2, I will not like our lineup much as this series goes on, hope Myers gets back into series soon. 

• Upvote 1