The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Myers l #57 l D

-DLC-

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

Struggles handling the puck.  It's a grenade on his stick, very similar to Gudbranson.  Hoping it's just rust or that's another big FA signing that will haunt our team for another 5 years.  

I've seen him making nice passes out of the D-zone and also skating up ice. It is true that he made mistakes, but he has something that we lacked up until now: the ability to move the puck. I mean, he does not use it everytime, but it's there haha

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

Struggles handling the puck.  It's a grenade on his stick, very similar to Gudbranson.  Hoping it's just rust or that's another big FA signing that will haunt our team for another 5 years.  

He's far better at handling the puck than Gudbranson. The issues with Myers are his decision making. He can carry it into the offensive zone just fine, but if he gets stripped of the puck or loses it it can be difficult for him to get back in time. I really don't think Gudbranson is a good right comparable at all. The way Myers gets into trouble is much more akin to the way someone like Bieksa or even Biega might get in trouble. A bad pinch/trying to do too much himself/etc.He's much more engaged than Gudbranson, but he runs the risk of screwing up and getting caught. Gudbranson, by contrast, was a pylon. 

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Cheers 2

On 9/29/2019 at 4:54 PM, The 5th Line said:

Myers is way superior to Guddy in terms of puck handling and offence.  Not even close.  Rust and adjusting to a new team.  Players all have different speed of adjusting.  

What I saw is a guy thinking and then doing.  His processing of the game the way Vancouver wants him to play is different and he has to think about it vs having second nature.  

Give him 20 games to get fully adjusted.  If he still struggles, maybe he is pulling an Eriksson.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, reyezone said:

I have really liked Myers every time I have seen him in Vancouver colors. 

He looks to be breathing new life into Eagle too.

I like the way he gets the puck on net, seems like he's always ready to shoot, it creates more pressure towards the net. He's a completely different player but we haven't seen the puck on net from the defence like that since Ehrhoff. I'm also impressed with how well he skates for such a big guy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Dam wasn’t a fan of his contract,. Liked his pushback today, threw that wuss Giordano down.

If he plays like this, I could care less about the contract. Play hard, stick up for your teammates that’s all I want to see from Myers. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

i've really like his game so far. he's willing to join or lead the rush without hesitation, moves the puck well, and has looked solid in front of his net. but it's his offensive aggression that has stood out most to me. should help influence an attacking mindset rather than playing afraid. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

well he did f**k it up with the pass that lindholm scored on but other then that he still looks good to me. Many have done that type of pass before he just got unlucky it didnt work with that type of risky play. The whole team has been struggling these first 2 games tbh......Myers and miller has been good imo. Still need to see if peteys line can find chemistry and create some pressure in the offensive zone.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Mrwipeout said:

well he did f**k it up with the pass that lindholm scored on but other then that he still looks good to me. Many have done that type of pass before he just got unlucky it didnt work with that type of risky play. The whole team has been struggling these first 2 games tbh......Myers and miller has been good imo. Still need to see if peteys line can find chemistry and create some pressure in the offensive zone.

I don't think we struggled that bad, just on the wrong side of the score sheet.

12 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

I don't think we struggled that bad, just on the wrong side of the score sheet.

Nah, we struggled for sure. Transitions were bad, passing was bad, plays were telegraphed. Our PP went 0 for 10. It was a struggle.

Myers has showed well, and like what other people have been saying, it’s nice to see a pmd on the back end again! Bonus that he’s 6’8” and can toss dirt bags like Gio across the ice like that! Haha

Can’t wait until we get the other big guy back there as well!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GoldenAlien said:

The stats crowd will be happy:

CF% = Corsi for % (total shot attempts differential)

FF% = Fenwick for % (total unblocked shot attempts differential)

xGF% = Expected goals for % 

xGF% = Relative expected goals for %

SCF% = Scoring chances for % 

Confirms the eye test that he's been better defensively than I expected.