Sign in to follow this  
debluvscanucks

Tyler Myers l #57 l D

TyMy is gonna be one of those rollercoaster players. At least he isn't boring to watch. 

• Hydration 2

I thought he had another great night, him and Edler perfect #1 pairing.

Lead the team along with Sutter in shots, and he can actually get them through lol.

His long reach really effective defensively. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GoldenAlien said:

The stats crowd will be happy:

CF% = Corsi for % (total shot attempts differential)

FF% = Fenwick for % (total unblocked shot attempts differential)

xGF% = Expected goals for % 

xGF% = Relative expected goals for %

SCF% = Scoring chances for % 

Confirms the eye test that he's been better defensively than I expected.

Playing with Edler has a lot to do with these stats - including high d zone starts % - but he’s been good in his own right as well. 

Edit: Edler and Myers actually have 60% o zone starts so far, so tweet seems incorrect. 

Edited by J-P

Yeah. Myers has surprised me as well. 

I thought he was going to be bad defensively.....

But his long reach reminds me of Tryamkin. Could you imagine if we had those two in our top four?? 

Slowly becoming a fan favourite.

9 hours ago, J-23 said:

Looked up 'lanky' in dictionary, saw this same photo.

• Haha 2

He only has three points so far, but I don't think that's indicative of how he's played. He's always active and always mobile out there, and I think Myers impact has been overall much greater than what is point total would indicate. He's forcing teams to open up, allowing the forwards to get better looks.

Just wanted to show Myers a bit of love. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 3

Thought it was a good shout out to the Myers and Edler for shutting down Florida's big line. Thought it was said -4 on the night.

So, I just stumbled upon this and thought this was cool. 

Apparently Tyler Myers has a maternal half brother named Quentin Grimes (born in 2000, so 10 year age gap between the brothers) who is a top ranked basketball prospect. If Quentin Grimes makes it to the NBA, Tyler Myers and Quentin Grimes will become the first sibling pair to have one brother play in the NHL and the other in the NBA which is pretty cool.

If only Vancouver had an NBA team again.................

Sportsnet covered the story here: https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/brothers-tyler-myers-quentin-grimes-ready-make-nhl-nba-history/ 

• Like 1

Not here to complain about the Myers signing, but he's had a stretch of really bad games in his own zone, and that's before the OT gaffe he had tonight.

It should be strictly Edler, Hughes, and maybe Stecher or Tanev in OT. Having Myers out there in OT makes no sense. There's no use for a 6'8 guy who isn't very agile in 3 on 3 situations. If the NHL was strictly a 3 on 3 league, Myers would not be in the league. That's not to say he's a bad player in the league now, it's to say he isn't a 3 on 3 player.

If we use Myers properly he could be incredibly effective. In fact I think his offensive value is significantly underrated.

Edited by Grape
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Grape said:

Not here to complain about the Myers signing, but he's had a stretch of really bad games in his own zone, and that's before the OT gaffe he had tonight.

It should be strictly Edler, Hughes, and maybe Stecher or Tanev in OT. Having Myers out there in OT makes no sense. There's no use for a 6'8 guy who isn't very agile in 3 on 3 situations. If the NHL was strictly a 3 on 3 league, Myers would not be in the league. That's not to say he's a bad player in the league now, it's to say he isn't a 3 on 3 player.

If we use Myers properly he could be incredibly effective. In fact I think his offensive value is significantly underrated.

Funny I would say the same about Edler

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Grape said:

18 hours ago, Cup2022 said:

Funny I would say the same about Edler

Edler. One of if not the best Canuck D we have had.  But yeah....you....some guy...says he isn't good enough for 3 on 3.

Haha....good god....:picard:

4 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Edler. One of if not the best Canuck D we have had.  But yeah....you....some guy...says he isn't good enough for 3 on 3.

Haha....good god....:picard:

Not what I said and Eddy is not the best d we have ever had top ten though lol

14 hours ago, Cup2022 said:

Not what I said and Eddy is not the best d we have ever had top ten though lol

Edler is just top ten eh?  :picard:

dmen.PNG.34a0ab6751b611cbde62de346612b387.PNG

:frantic:

Edited by Kanukfanatic