The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Trade) Lucic + Conditional 3rd to Calgary for Neal

Pears

5 minutes ago, SedinMadness said:

Neal will blossom under mcdavid I’m calling it first!!.

2 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

neal will blossom under granlund, i'm calling it first

Neal will play with RNH as his C . Hell be back to form. 20 plus goals. 

He had back to back trips to SCF before last season. That's a lot of hard mileage on a body. Not surprised he had off year last season. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Neal will play with RNH as his C . Hell be back to form. 20 plus goals. 

He had back to back trips to SCF before last season. That's a lot of hard mileage on a body. Not surprised he had off year last season. 

i'm going to wait and see

you are assuming calgary was unaware of those facts

i'm thinking they had some idea

20 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

What?!

Miller is tough

Benn is tough

Beagle is tough

Captain Bo doesn’t take any crap

Roussel is tough

Canucks can bang now. 

Every Canucks player is tough. 

All other teams players are wimps. 

Better ?

When did you see Miller or Beagle fight. Benn can hold his own. Roussel I love but he's a $@*# disturber middle weight fighter. 

Bo is not someone u wanna see fight more than  once a year. Can't risk injury to him 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Wat 3
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

What?!

Miller is tough

Benn is tough

Beagle is tough

Roussel is tough

Canucks can bang now. 

Canucks are tougher than they were, it's a step in the right direction, but it's still not enough. We need a legitimate enforcer.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I guess that's an indictment on the role of "toughness" in the league these days then, as even without Ferland, Miller and Benn, we were still able to outperform the significantly tougher Oilers last season. 

My response was to a poster who said "open season on McDavid" after Lucic trade.

Oilers still have plenty of guys to keep Mcdavid safe. 

But as far as toughness linked to performance goes STL was a big strong tough team and just won a cup. But not just fighting tough. Size, speed strength and skill is what wins. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Kassian Nurse Bodz Khaira. Oilers still tougher than Canucks. 

Ferland is only Canuck who can stand with any of those guys. Unless McEwen and Schaller and Roussel all in the lineup it's not even close. 

I guess you don’t remember Bo making Nurse his nurse

23 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

What?!

Miller is tough

Benn is tough

Beagle is tough

Roussel is tough

Canucks can bang now. 

They may be tough but none of them can go toe to toe with the big boys. Only Ferland can. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Sweathog said:

Canucks are tougher than they were, it's a step in the right direction, but it's still not enough. We need a legitimate enforcer.

No team needs a legitimate enforcer. A team needs toughness and pushback.

• Cheers 4

3 hours ago, shiznak said:

The article pointed out Lucic was second on the Oilers in scoring chances created (only behind McDavid) and led the team in high danger scoring chance created, at even strength. His low shooting percentage is the cause of his production drop off.

This explains why he is so angry both on and off the ice.

Appears he has issues when it comes to finishing...:P

Just now, RRypien37 said:

They may be tough but none of them can go toe to toe with the big boys. Only Ferland can. 

Thats true, but really who cares. This team has push back now. Guys who are going to make it hard on the opposition. I rather have Motte, than Matt Martin. At least with Motte, you have a very good pker, good speed and someone who can keep up with the game. Only enforcer i would want is Reaves, because hes not a bad pker, he plays with significant edge and he can skate. 

8 minutes ago, Conscience said:

I guess you don’t remember Bo making Nurse his nurse

You mean this? 

Pretty much a draw. But nurse is a bigger guy who fights a lot more often. Bo did well but do you see him jumping in to fights protecting EP on a regular basis? Nurse fights often and well. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, KKnight said:

Thats true, but really who cares. This team has push back now. Guys who are going to make it hard on the opposition. I rather have Motte, than Matt Martin. At least with Motte, you have a very good pker, good speed and someone who can keep up with the game. Only enforcer i would want is Reaves, because hes not a bad pker, he plays with significant edge and he can skate. 

Not debating Van got tougher. Just pointing that out to the one person who was comparing the 2 rosters and the other highlighting fighting ability. Facts are facts. 

The Oilers being tough sure hasn't helped them in any significant way. Still a garbage heap of a team. We were actually able to outperform them last year, when we had a much softer roster than we do now.

That seems like as good a reason for us to focus on actually improving the team with skill, rather than just throwing goons into the lineup and hoping it makes some sort of a difference. Spoiler alert: It won't.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Upvote 1

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

The Oilers being tough sure hasn't helped them in any significant way. Still a garbage heap of a team. 

Toughness in the top 6 is what counts.

If you look at the 1 year they made the playoffs and had success BOTH Maroon and Lucic were consistently producing on the top 2 lines while Kassian was a main stay on the 3rd line. This is why the Ferland signing was pivotal. Would still love another tougher guy in the top 9 for Van. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1