The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Trade) Lucic + Conditional 3rd to Calgary for Neal

Pears

Neal explained that part of his poor play in Calgary was because he hadn't fully recuperated from going to the finals two years in a row (NSH, VGK).  He also said he didn't realise how tough it is to play in a Canadian market and wasn't prepared for all the scrutiny.   

Looks like he is back in shape and found his confidence again.  Neal is get open and shoot and they have playmakers for him in Edmonton.  Should be able to hit 21.

There's a conditional 3rd round pick attached to the trade.  Calgary gets a 3rd if Neal scores at least 21 goals and 10 more than Lucic. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Lucic was brought in for toughness. 6 million dollar enforcer lol.

Edit I forgot the Oilers ate some cap..I believe 750k. Still a 5.25 million dollar enforcer for the next 4 years. Ouch.

They needed to get tougher but Lucic types can be had for under a million a year on short term contracts. 

Maybe a few years ago but not anymore....reeves is making what...over 3 mill? And Wilson is make over 4....so where are these Lucic types players?....cause what I can tell guys that play like Lucic get paid sooner or later...

Lucic is over paid but considering the other heavyweights...he would still probably get a deal worth 3 and up...

also Lucic just had his second fight last night...two fights to Neal's 5 goals....I think both players are fitting into their roles or so far anyways. 

Also I would take a 6 million dollar enforcer over Loui any day....Lucic embodies the new culture a lot of fans want here, he would also protect the young guys...you want to play pack mentality , you need a pack leader....

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Lucic was brought in for toughness. 6 million dollar enforcer lol.

Edit I forgot the Oilers ate some cap..I believe 750k. Still a 5.25 million dollar enforcer for the next 4 years. Ouch.

They needed to get tougher but Lucic types can be had for under a million a year on short term contracts. 

Who?

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Maybe a few years ago but not anymore....reeves is making what...over 3 mill? And Wilson is make over 4....so where are these Lucic types players?....cause what I can tell guys that play like Lucic get paid sooner or later...

Lucic is over paid but considering the other heavyweights...he would still probably get a deal worth 3 and up...

also Lucic just had his second fight last night...two fights to Neal's 5 goals....I think both players are fitting into their roles or so far anyways. 

Also I would take a 6 million dollar enforcer over Loui any day....Lucic embodies the new culture a lot of fans want here, he would also protect the young guys...you want to play pack mentality , you need a pack leader....

Lucic sucks!!

On 7/20/2019 at 9:35 AM, Pete M said:

so if Neal gets 30 goals and Lucic has 19 goals with 3 games remaining in the season...is Lucic a healthy scratch?

answer: Moot point - Neal won't get 30 and Lucic won't get 19...lol

He is well on his way to at least 20!~ lol. Clearly the change of scenery is helping! 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Lucic got 13 minutes ice time last night, pretty average for a 4th liner. I can see that dropping off to less than 5 minutes a night when games get critical late in the season. 

Did i mention Sam Bennet sucks too? What a plug.

18 year old sam bennet? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CBC loves him.

On 7/20/2019 at 12:48 PM, canuck73_3 said:

Doesn't work like that, the only way a NMC can not be honoured is if the player is acquired before the NMC kicks in. 

When a player is traded with a NMC the player and his agent file an addendum with the team that they will honour the NMC if not signed by the acquiring team the trade can be voided by the player. 

The Flames can then ask if he will waive his NMC for expansion draft, but they are stuck with the NMC either way as they acquired him after the clause kicked in. 

I highly doubt the Flames would have agreed to trade for Lucic unless he agreed to waive his NMC for the expansion draft. I also don't think he would have a problem waiving it as he is from Vancouver and I am sure his family would love to be able to travel to Seattle and watch him play. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Lucic is a beast I would still take him on my team any day.  One of the last true enforcers/power forwards.  Mean looking, no visor, no f's to give, tough as nails, beauty.  

for 6 million bucks?  i mean hey, id like a guy on our team that punches other guys, but for that salary and term, no thanks.  The other beauty in this is I betcha the guy they traded for will get at least 20 goals this year...thats more valuable than a guy that punches a guy like Zadorov in the head for a clean hit. lol.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, peaches5 said:

I highly doubt the Flames would have agreed to trade for Lucic unless he agreed to waive his NMC for the expansion draft. I also don't think he would have a problem waiving it as he is from Vancouver and I am sure his family would love to be able to travel to Seattle and watch him play. 

His NMC was agreed to by Calgary, was reported on the 31 thoughts podcast after the deal 

• Cheers 1