Sign in to follow this  
Pears

(Trade) Lucic + Conditional 3rd to Calgary for Neal

Wait, weren't we glad to have Loui instead of Lucic because Lucic was useless and immovable?   But here we are and Lucic has since been traded and is actually still playing, throwing hits and beating guys up. Meanwhile Loui is sitting in the press box and continuing to be the elephant in the room?  

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Extra year of term with a NMC. I’ll still take loui. We don’t need either of em. 

? It's not really an either/or question.

The fact is, Luc got moved and we're stuck with Loui.  

3 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

And now Calgary is stuck with Looch.  We can send Loui to the A.  The Flames must keep Looch on their roster for four more years.  Loui will soon retire, and his cap goes poof.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Looch got moved for what was seen as an equally bad contract and that trade now looks like it’ll blow up in Calgary’s face. At least, early returns seem to indicate so. 

• Hydration 3

2 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Looch got moved for what was seen as an equally bad contract and that trade now looks like it’ll blow up in Calgary’s face. At least, early returns seem to indicate so. 

The oilers actually got value back for Lucic, that's my whole point.  I'm not saying we should of traded Loui for Lucic.  

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

The oilers actually got value back for Lucic, that's my whole point.  I'm not saying we should of traded Loui for Lucic.  

I think the Canucks balked at the idea of taking on the extra year of Lucic or Neal. Not a bad call imo. I think they’re best off to just ride the contract out. Maybe they’ll be able to move it in the last year or two. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

On 10/10/2019 at 12:11 PM, The 5th Line said:

No of course not for 6 mil but he's at 5.25 right now and I'd swap him for Loui.

20 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Are you sure? Kinda sounds like you were.

We don't need Lucic.  Perhaps Calgary does, since they were pretty soft, but with our collection of middleweights, we can skip on a heavyweight that doesn't add much else.

It sucks that Loui didn't pan out as hoped, but his contract ends sooner, so IMO we are better off as we are.  Even better if Looch continues to take dumb penalties in Cowtown.

• Hydration 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

The oilers actually got value back for Lucic, that's my whole point.

If that's your 'whole point' - then your 'whole point' about Gudbranson is entirely undermined = Gudbranson brought back 'good value' for the Canucks. 

Pearson has 4 pts in 4 games - after 9 goals in 19 at the end of last year = Gudbranson "actually got good value" ;)

Edited by oldnews
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Are you sure? Kinda sounds like you were.

We don't need Lucic.  Perhaps Calgary does, since they were pretty soft, but with our collection of middleweights, we can skip on a heavyweight that doesn't add much else.

It sucks that Loui didn't pan out as hoped, but his contract ends sooner, so IMO we are better off as we are.  Even better if Looch continues to take dumb penalties in Cowtown.

I wouldn't trade Loui for luc at 6mil.  5.25 and a draft pick though?  You'd have my interest at least.  

5 minutes ago, oldnews said:

If that's your 'whole point' - then your 'whole point' about Gudbranson is entirely undermined = Gudbranson brought back 'good value' for the Canucks. 

Pearson has 4 pts in 4 games - after 9 goals in 19 at the end of last year = Gudbranson "actually got good value".  Imagine that

My only point about gudbranson is that he's not a good player anymore and will be out of this league sooner rather than later.  Your analytics tell you otherwise and this will be another example of 5th Lines eye test> fakenews fancy data

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Here are some simple stats for you then - since your 'eye-test' seems 'challenged'.

Lucic

0 points

6 games

"Anchoring" the Derek Ryan line.

6 goals and 20 pts, -9 in 79 games last year.  10 goals, -12 in 82 games the previous season playing with McDavid and Draisaitl.

What a "beast".

Go figure - I don't place a lot of value in your 'eye test' (but thanks for helping me inflate my batting average).

Edited by oldnews

17 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

I wouldn't trade Loui for luc at 6mil.  5.25 and a draft pick though?  You'd have my interest at least. 

An unprotected first would be nice.  A third isn't enough, and 750k isn't enough of a kicker for a player like Looch, especially for an extra year.  I'd take Loui any day of the week over him if I had to choose between the two, if we had the same offer as Flames got for Neal.

We don't need his toughness, and we don't need the added PIMs because he's too slow and too aggressive. Serves phlegm fans right having him and all the other Oiler rejects on the team.  They can try to put Leipsic on the pig, but they can't truly be happy with their offseason, can they?

Edit: can someone tell me why "l-i-p-s-t-i-c-k" keeps getting automatically edited here?  it is not showing up that way on my phone when I make the post, but shows up after I submit it.

Edited by Kragar
  • Upvote 1

I just went to calgarypuck and hf calgary for a good laugh.

So much crying and whining about the lucic trade hahaha.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Man that was worth it.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Here are some simple stats for you then - since your 'eye-test' seems 'challenged'.

Lucic

0 points

6 games

"Anchoring" the Derek Ryan line.

6 goals and 20 pts, -9 in 79 games last year.  10 goals, -12 in 82 games the previous season playing with McDavid and Draisaitl.

What a "beast".

Go figure - I don't place a lot of value in your 'eye test' (but thanks for helping me inflate my batting average).

Haha buddy I don't need someone to explain to me that lucic isn't a good player anymore.  He's a "beast" in a sense that he literally is a beast, he's old school, tough, big and mean and I love/used to love that part of the sport.  I want him on my team for the novelty of it, I don't like, actually want him on the team.  

Thanks for the statistical breakdown, I never would of known hes not a good player if you didn't provide them...

Hes actually a positive corsi player with more d zone starts.  BEAST

Edited by The 5th Line

Lucic needs to be protected for expansion draft.......plus an extra year on the contract. Can't see any realistic scenario where it made sense to trade him for Loui. Neal is performing well for the Oil right now so will be interesting to see how long that lasts.

• Hydration 2

17 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

He's a "beast" in a sense that he literally is a beast, he's old school, tough, big and mean and I love/used to love that part of the sport.

then I'd think you'd understand why a person like myself would appreciate the presence of a player like Gudbranson.

And - why I'd 'defend' any Canuck that is being sandbagged - whether it's Gudbranson, Edler, Sbisa, Sutter...even Megna - or Vey.

Edited by oldnews
  • Hydration 2

Just thought it was worth bringing this back to look at after 25 games.  

This is a candidate for the worst NHL  trade in 20 years. Treleving what we're you possibly thinking?

Not only the difference in production by each player in the 25 games since the trade but the apparent impact on the trajectory of both teams.  Wow.  Can't be underestimated. 

to this day there are still some Lames fans trying to convince themselves that Lucic is better than Neal. lol

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/24/2019 at 8:59 PM, fanfor42 said:

Just thought it was worth bringing this back to look at after 25 games.  

This is a candidate for the worst NHL  trade in 20 years. Treleving what we're you possibly thinking?

Not only the difference in production by each player in the 25 games since the trade but the apparent impact on the trajectory of both teams.  Wow.  Can't be underestimated. 

To be fair Neal was terrible in Calgary and at least Calgary got tougher but man Lucic sucks.

Highest paid goon in the nhl.

• Upvote 2