The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Trade) Lucic + Conditional 3rd to Calgary for Neal

Pears

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

No, Gudbranson was a total useless player. He never really hit and he never fought or stood up for his team mates that were being bullied on the ice (like EP).

Stop saying he can’t skate. You can’t deliver a league high level 300 hits without skating. Lucic’s plus minus was also better than LE. The only thing LE has was his skill at the PK which would have been outdone by Lucic’s job in front of the net on the PP.

If he can allegedly skate well then why were there so many articles and posts about how he's slow and 'a couple strides behind'? Hitting doesn't really involve being a good skater. You can hit anyone from anywhere, it's not that difficult. Everything from his offensive production to his analytics to the eye test proves he isn't a good skater and has lost many steps since leaving Boston. He is just not a very good NHL player anymore.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah I could actually see that happening. Calgary sheds Neal, ends up with a pick, Goldobin and Loui, we end up with cheaper Lucic. 

Yep. And a Lucic without a clause that was already waived. If that happens, I'll meet you at the entrance to the fallout shelter. :lol:

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'm reserving judgement until I see what the retention and pick conditions etc are but with what info we have now, this sure looks like a win for EDM.

Holland has made a decent move or two in his career. 

45 minutes ago, ninja321 said:

Yikes, with just one bad season for Neal I feel like he has a much better chance than Lucic to have a rebound season. Edmonton wins in this trade for me.

Much like Kassian and Brodziak in Edmonton. Tkachuk and Backlund suits Lucic’s playing style, since none of them are particularly fast. The latter duo are way more talented than the one in Edmonton. So I can see Lucic’s production rebound from the previous two seasons. That’s if he gets to play with that duo.

Edited by shiznak
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'd be fine with it. Lets go full-truculence. Truculence or bust! 

Same. Milan Lucic, with no clauses in his contract, and some salary retained (although I'd like to know how much) by Edmonton, would be a great add to the bottom six.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jam126 said:

If he can allegedly skate well then why were there so many articles and posts about how he's slow and 'a couple strides behind'? Hitting doesn't really involve being a good skater. You can hit anyone from anywhere, it's not that difficult. Everything from his offensive production to his analytics to the eye test proves he isn't a good skater and has lost many steps since leaving Boston. He is just not a very good NHL player anymore.

I don’t buy that Lucic is an awful skater just as I never bought it when all those fools chastised the Canucks for picking Bo for his “bad skating abilities” at the draft.

You ask anyone who has played hockey, you need to be able to skate well to deliver hits. Lucic’s hits are generally meaningful so I’m not saying little bumps along the board. By the sheer volume of his hits, he most definitely can skate.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

If he can allegedly skate well then why were there so many articles and posts about how he's slow and 'a couple strides behind'? Hitting doesn't really involve being a good skater. You can hit anyone from anywhere, it's not that difficult. Everything from his offensive production to his analytics to the eye test proves he isn't a good skater and has lost many steps since leaving Boston. He is just not a very good  an NHL player anymore.

Fify

• Cheers 1

Just now, grandmaster said:

I don’t buy that Lucic is an awful skater just as I never bought it when all those fools chastised the Canucks for picking Bo for his “bad skating abilities” at the draft.

You ask anyone who has played hockey, you need to be able to skate well to deliver hits. Lucic’s hits are generally meaningful so I’m not saying little bumps along the board. By the sheer volume of his hits, he most definitely can skate.

How about asking those in Edmonton who've watched him play the past three years.

• Cheers 4

32 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Could Benning have possibly worked out a deal to send Eriksson to CGY for Neal? Maybe VAN would have to add a small piece, but so what? Or is this really all about CGY's insecurity with their team toughness, after seeing what VAN has done?

After we signed Ferland they were probably worried he's going to run all over them this year just to stick it to them. So they pulled the trigger and traded for Lucic. I can't say I blame them actually. We are heated rivals with them. They will need some kind of push back against our team this year.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Assuage their fears, Jimmy.

well, I might see him at Urban Fare tho, he pops in there sometimes. Maybe I can talk him into a Lucic deal over by the bananas. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Haha 2