The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Trade) Lucic + Conditional 3rd to Calgary for Neal

Pears

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Oh yeah, HIS CORSI! :lol:

For $2-3mil Eriksson is also an effective player for his contract.

There’s more than corsi stats....if you actually read the article.

The article pointed out Lucic was second on the Oilers in scoring chances created (only behind McDavid) and led the team in high danger scoring chance created, at even strength. His low shooting percentage is the cause of his production drop off.

18 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Interesting take from an Oilers blogger (although I bet he was actually drinking champagne as he was writing this): 

Oilers blogger Alan Hull @alanhull
From CGY’s perspective…if they get salary retention from EDM and a pick, they’ve got the cap space and depth to eat Lucic’s deal for 1 yr.
In 12 months his contract will appeal to a team like OTT b/c of the cap hit being far more than the $.
They’re probably all free in a yr.
If Neal bombs in EDM they likely buy him out and are paying him for 6 years.
Could totally work out to CGY’s advantage if they play it right.

And:

Oilers fans should be hoping for a second coming of McDavid and Neal from the 2018 all-star game. They were fun to watch together.

'n 12 months his contract will appeal to a team like OTT b/c of the cap hit being far more than the $."

That's what I thought about L.E and his $6 mill. :sadno:

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, shiznak said:

There’s more than corsi stats....if you actually read the article.

The article pointed out Lucic was second on the Oilers in scoring chances created (only behind McDavid) and led the team in high danger scoring chance created, at even strength. His low shooting percentage is the cause of his production drop off.

I did read it.  Essentially a bunch of woulda-coulda-shoulda, but three straight years says didn't, can't, and won't.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, highwayman3 said:

Vancouver is the big winner in this trade. We dodge a massive bullet in trading for Lucic, and we send Loui to the AHL.

#Loutica

1. Get Loui to retire, make him GM in Utica; he can re-name the team the Loutica Comets.

2. Bump Ryan Johnson up to Canucks GM.

3. Make GMJB President.

Boom, all problems solved.

:mellow:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Stamkos said:

Who’s going to protect McDavid now? Ferland is going to love playing against Edmonton :lol:

Kassian, Nurse, Khaira, Brodziak can all take on Ferland. Ferland isn't a Lucic/Reaves/Chara. He is tough and won't back down but he's still a middleweight in terms of tough guys.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I like it. The scary thing is, we might have Eriksson to thank as well. He may have refused to waive his NTC for Edmonton. Regardless. As long as Nutshot Lucic does not end up here I am happy. Gotta keep our eye on Lucic though. Something about him always gives me pause. Not just his creepy face. But his on ice play could be a problem for us if he finds some of his game in Calgary.

• Upvote 3