The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Trade) Lucic + Conditional 3rd to Calgary for Neal

Pears

1 hour ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Interesting take from an Oilers blogger (although I bet he was actually drinking champagne as he was writing this): 

Oilers blogger Alan Hull @alanhull
From CGY’s perspective…if they get salary retention from EDM and a pick, they’ve got the cap space and depth to eat Lucic’s deal for 1 yr.
In 12 months his contract will appeal to a team like OTT b/c of the cap hit being far more than the $.
They’re probably all free in a yr.
If Neal bombs in EDM they likely buy him out and are paying him for 6 years.
Could totally work out to CGY’s advantage if they play it right.

And:

Oilers fans should be hoping for a second coming of McDavid and Neal from the 2018 all-star game. They were fun to watch together.

Haha, I love how these bloggers think that they can just dump a player on a team like Ottawa. They couldn't this year, but next year they can? If this is the case, why isn't Louie headed there now? The $ to be paid are small, now that he has received his bonus.

1 hour ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Interesting take from an Oilers blogger (although I bet he was actually drinking champagne as he was writing this): 

Oilers blogger Alan Hull @alanhull
From CGY’s perspective…if they get salary retention from EDM and a pick, they’ve got the cap space and depth to eat Lucic’s deal for 1 yr.
In 12 months his contract will appeal to a team like OTT b/c of the cap hit being far more than the $.
They’re probably all free in a yr.
If Neal bombs in EDM they likely buy him out and are paying him for 6 years.
Could totally work out to CGY’s advantage if they play it right.

And:

Oilers fans should be hoping for a second coming of McDavid and Neal from the 2018 all-star game. They were fun to watch together.

This would be great if only the NHL made regular season games mean nothing and went to 3 on 3 hockey like they did at the All Star game - this guy is an idiot lol

I find it funny that Eriksson can't even be moved but these 2 guys can find new homes no problem, no one wants Eriksson, but hey on CDC "Eriksson is so good defensively", why wouldn't a team want Eriksson if he was that good defensively then? The one argument CDC has tried to use for years(cough cough Oldnews) to defend him, guess what he can't be that good then, NO OTHER TEAMS EVEN WANT HIM :lol:

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I find it funny that Eriksson can't even be moved but these 2 guys can find new homes no problem, no one wants Eriksson, but hey on CDC "Eriksson is so good defensively", why wouldn't a team want Eriksson if he was that good defensively then? The one argument CDC has tried to use for years(cough cough Oldnews) to defend him, guess what he can't be that good then, NO OTHER TEAMS EVEN WANT HIM :lol:

This trade is just more evidence that Loui is either in Utica (riding buses) or retires.  

7 minutes ago, gerry35 said:

Not true, Eriksson vetoed a trade to Edmonton already and who knows what else so far. 

So he complains about his position here, and then JB tries to trade him to play with the best player in the world and LE still says no? Huh what a load of garbage Eriksson is then.

Curious where is a link or anything that says LE vetoed this? Can't find one thing on the internet stating this claim... 

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

4 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

So he complains about his position here, and then JB tries to trade him to play with the best player in the world and LE still says no? Huh what a load of garbage Eriksson is then.

There is a post somewhere on the Eriksson thread quoting Dan Murphy that he vetoed a trade around the trade deadline to Edmonton. I'm glad we didn't get Lucic though and am very happy with JT Miller and Micheal Ferland instead. Lucic is a tough customer though and not to be taken lightly, he may even turn it around in Calgary.

Edited by gerry35
  • Upvote 1