The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pettersson or Kotkaniemi?

Rate this topic

Jaku

Help settle the score. Elias Pettersson or Jesperi Kotkaniemi  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello friends! This week while crusing the Twitterverse I stumbled across people saying that Kotkaniemi is better than Petey. This for one is wrong. But, they don't believe it. I have taken into my own hands the task of proving this idea is wrong. So, today I ask you all, with unbiased opinion, who's better now, who's better throughout their career? Pettersson or Kotkaniemi? 

Edited by Jaku
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, canucklehead80 said:

A pop quiz I didn't need to study for???? TOO EASY!!!!!

You'd think so. These people I encountered were as ignorant and ignorant can be.

I mean I feel like Canucks forum is far from an unbiased sounding board, but it hardly matters.

I am jointly a rabid Canucks AND Habs fan. And still say Pete is solidly ahead. 

Edited by Sygvard
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Pettersson = 0.93 PPG

Kotkaniemi = 0.43 PPG

Pettersson averaged half a point more per game last season. It's not even close. 

Of course anything can happen in the future.

But I'd put Petey's potential at an Elite High - Franchise Medium while Kotkaniemi's potential is at a Top 6 High - Elite High.

Basically, I'm saying Petey's lowest potential is Kotkaniemi's highest potential.

Edited by Strombone
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jaku said:

Hello friends! This week while crusing the Twitterverse I stumbled across people saying that Kotkaniemi is better than Petey. This for one is wrong. But, they don't believe it. I have taken into my own hands the task of proving this idea is wrong. So, today I ask you all, with unbiased opinion, who's better now, who's better throughout their career? Pettersson or Kotkaniemi? 

Yeah, well, some people think vaccines made their kid autistic and you can cure that autism by forcing the kid to drink bleach. Stupid abounds. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Is this a joke or what lol

Truly wish it was. I was actually told that Jesperi Kotkaniemi is and always be a better player than Elias Pettersson. So, I'm trying to settle the score.

2 hours ago, nzan said:

I’d answer this by saying that if Petey has a typical-ish development arc as he grows and ages, maybe there’s nobody in the league better than him in five years.

But Petey doesn't have a typical development arc.  He learns very fast and is driven as much as anybody.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

It's not fair to put Kotk up against Pete.  They should compare him to players in his draft.  So far, Svech + Tkachuk are standing up to him very well.  That's more than enough competition for him.

Oh I know. The argument started with Kotkaniemi is already better than Pettersson. The point I'm trying to make is that he's not and so far it's been an overwhelming response in favour of Petey.