The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Poll) who is more valuable to the Canucks this year, Sutter or LE?

Rate this topic

Pete M

(Poll) who is more valuable to the Canucks this year, Sutter or LE?  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One "bad year" (mostly as a result of fighting injuries/coming back from them) doesn't eliminate all the solid games Sutter has played for us.  I fail to see how he has negative value.  Retain a bit of his salary & I think he'll be easily movable (even with the NTC).

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

The negativity in here is thick. LE is not even close to playing up to his contract, spoke out in the media about his deployment and has shown little to no effort on the ice. Sutter has battled injuries and bad luck, had a less than great season for one year but is still a quality team mate, dependable (when not injured) third line defensive minded Center. Neither are playing to their contracts perceived value but Sutter is still a player with some value. LE is worth something between a bag of stale dog poop and a hot cheese enema. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

What is this “value” that you speak of?

Okay, okay, agree with the above. Be great if Sutter could get through a damned season without a catastrophic injury. To be honest, if I was him, I’d be thinking about packing it in. He’s a millionaire, and why spend the rest of your life in pain? Jim Plunkett, who won a Superbowl, (at least one,) with the Raiders, basically said life’s not worth living anymore, he’s in so much pain all the time. Sutter is going to be carrying those injuries the rest of his life. 

Edited by Cargo

1 hour ago, Amebushi said:

The negativity in here is thick. LE is not even close to playing up to his contract, spoke out in the media about his deployment and has shown little to no effort on the ice. Sutter has battled injuries and bad luck, had a less than great season for one year but is still a quality team mate, dependable (when not injured) third line defensive minded Center. Neither are playing to their contracts perceived value but Sutter is still a player with some value. LE is worth something between a bag of stale dog poop and a hot cheese enema

3916232C-270C-4CAC-B924-6169AEDAE41D.gif

• Haha 3