Sign in to follow this  
MikeBossy

WTF Is going on in BC???

34 minutes ago, Alflives said:

There can’t be many roads out of northern Manitoba.  Road blocks.  The police might have these two in custody today?

The road to Gillam is literally a dead end.

It's about halfway between Thompson and Churchill, but you can't drive all the way to Churchill. The road basically ends at Stephens Lake which is close to Gillam. I'm guessing these two are going to head for the bush.

• Upvote 1

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

It's about halfway between Thompson and Churchill, but you can't drive all the way to Churchill. The road basically ends at Stephens Lake which is close to Gillam. I'm guessing these two are going to head for the bush.

Maybe they meet a hungry polar bear?  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Dog team and a chopper they’ll have em in no time.....it may have some woods but it’s flat.

i remember in Squamish when a kid stabbed another kid and went off into the mountains.  They caught him in under 24 hours.

Just now, riffraff said:

Dog team and a chopper they’ll have em in no time.....it may have some woods but it’s flat.

i remember in Squamish when a kid stabbed another kid and went off into the mountains.  They caught him in under 24 hours.

I think you're likely correct.....still, those of us who've lived here in the North Coast for longer than 20 years remember the case of Kevin Vermette:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/wanted-man-who-fled-bc-city-16-years-ago-may-be-alive-rcmp/article16082122/https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/wanted-man-who-fled-bc-city-16-years-ago-may-be-alive-rcmp/article16082122/

That being said, Vermette was reportedly a skilled woodsman. I doubt these two can say the same.

7 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think you're likely correct.....still, those of us who've lived here in the North Coast for longer than 20 years remember the case of Kevin Vermette:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/wanted-man-who-fled-bc-city-16-years-ago-may-be-alive-rcmp/article16082122/https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/wanted-man-who-fled-bc-city-16-years-ago-may-be-alive-rcmp/article16082122/

That being said, Vermette was reportedly a skilled woodsman. I doubt these two can say the same.

Almost certainly.

thats actually an amazing story.  In a bizarre way I bet his vermettes life would be quite interesting to hear about.....

2 hours ago, riffraff said:

Almost certainly.

thats actually an amazing story.  In a bizarre way I bet his vermettes life would be quite interesting to hear about.....

There's definitely an angle to the story that no-one really talks about.

From what I was told by friends from the Kitimat area at the time, the guys that Vermette shot were bodybuilder types that we called "Roid Monkeys" back in the day. Apparently it wasn't the first run in that Vermette had had with these guys. They had hassled him several times, probably thinking that he was just another nerd. From the sound of it, these guys started in on him again at the campsite and he decided that he'd had enough.

Edited by RUPERTKBD

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

how can a phone ping a tower when its off? 

The battery is still in the phone and since you can't remove the battery on the newer phones it could still ping a tower even if its turned off.

34 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

These 2 are experts at Sims3. And watched a few alone and mantracker episodes. 

I give them 48 hrs max before they turn themselves in 

The dude from Texas is irrelevant,The only thing with him,is now all the focus is on the Kids.

4 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Police probably staking out every banjo store in saskatchewan.....

9581B146-19FA-49B0-99B7-15AE13047386.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Maybe they meet a hungry polar bear?  

I'm starting to think Alf you are less a fuzzy alien, and more of a paranoid DJ from Cincinnati. 

1 hour ago, blaise said:

The dude from Texas is irrelevant,The only thing with him,is now all the focus is on the Kids.

bet ya 5 bucks that the dude with the beard that was talking to them was the dude from texas

On 7/22/2019 at 3:01 PM, peaches5 said:

If this turns out to be another murder by a Syrian refugee, in BC, all hell is going to break loose. 

As it should. 

8 hours ago, Squamfan said:

This story is getting insane

BOTH 6'4" and 169 pounds? That can't be right..If that is the case, won't be too hard to find. Being that skinny stands out. 

27 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

bet ya 5 bucks that the dude with the beard that was talking to them was the dude from texas

that would be quite the interesting twist to think about.... this thingy really is shaping up to be a future movie

10 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

BOTH 6'4" and 169 pounds? That can't be right..If that is the case, won't be too hard to find. Being that skinny stands out. 

bean. poles. 

If it wasn't summer they might not be as noticeable, big jackets etc. but two young dudes at 6'4 kinda stand out anyway. I bet they're gonna make a go of it in the woods. It's their only choice. 

I think we might hear some stories about them as this unfolds. On the news earlier they were saying that a kid has come forward with a story of one of them trying to lure him into the woods not too long ago ...he was freaked out.

Bunch of survivalists should be interesting hopefully the police have heat signatures on the helicopters.

On 7/22/2019 at 3:01 PM, peaches5 said:

If this turns out to be another murder by a Syrian refugee, in BC, all hell is going to break loose. 

And it the two perps are the killers, then it's just your usual wackjobs?:blink:

there was a burned vehicle found near a reserve 736km from Winnipeg, but they don't know if it is linked