The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WTF Is going on in BC???

MikeBossy

7 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

If you look at most serial killers they don't have father figures in their life. It's usually single mothers with a lot of kids and the one "neglected" child tends to be the one who ends up being a serial killer. Not saying that every child will turn out that way but if you look at it statistically there is a connection to be made with serial killers and "broken" families. That said there are outliers to that as well though you can have someone from a perfect family who ends up being deranged. It's not an exact science.

You are reminding me of a book I read a few years ago. 

Really good read, though hard to get through at some points too. The only book I've had to govern how much I read at one time. Tough topic. 

https://www.amazon.ca/Mad-Blood-Stirring-Inner-Violent/dp/0345812921

Mad Blood Stirring: The Inner Lives of Violent Men

Edited by bishopshodan

26 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

This would be a perfect opportunity to do a Mantracker style challenge tv show. Get a sponsor to put up some big cash prize. 

Release a bunch of two person teams of special forces military to compete from around the world into the Manitoba bush.

They could live stream it a'la The Running Man or Hunger Games.

Even do some sport betting on which team will tag and bag these creeps first. 

What was that show called with Wesley Snipes with that same idea? 

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are these two serial killers or two friggin idiots on a murder spree?  

Serial killing typically has a high degree of premeditation.

These guys fit the bill of spree killers. Multiple, likely unplanned killings. They probably had no intention of killing anyone but likely shot the first victim in a botched robbery attempt and it was all downhill from there.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lancaster said:

I just wonder how "obvious" are the "signs".  I mean... some of the reports keep harping that the boys played "violent" games like COD or something.... I mean seriously?  That's not a sign, that's just boys playing video games.... unless some group are trying to establish some faint correlation.  Then he watches hentai..... okay... regular teenage boys stuff.  That one of the boys is sort-of a wallflower at parties.... once again, it's normal for shy kids.  

Then getting interested in Communism and Nazism.... isn't that like every history lovers in high school?  I mean... I've read Mein Kampf and Das Kapital back in high school.

I'm just more curious about the problems at home and especially how those teens were able to acquire firearms.  A broken home is perhaps the biggest factor of all.  

I'm talking about the interview with the classmate - she said one of the two had graphically described how he could kill her/others and himself.  Talked about putting a gun in his mouth, chopping heads off, etc.  Pretty big red flags, however, "kids" might just think it's "talk" and so not act on it.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm talking about the interview with the classmate - she said one of the two had graphically described how he could kill her/others and himself.  Talked about putting a gun in his mouth, chopping heads off, etc.  Pretty big red flags, however, "kids" might just think it's "talk" and so not act on it.  

I cant get over how non-chalent she was about it.  She even seemed to be smiling at times.  If that had happened when I was growing up, I sure as heck would have said something to somebody.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, redhdlois said:

His father said in the interview about his upbringing....goes much deeper than just a child from a broken home.   

I'll admit I know jack about the subject matter but it just seems to be a bit of a stretch to put that much of the blame on "neglect"  (as I said, I think it was a factor but there must have been other things at play here).  Now if there was physical and/or sexual abuse, then I could see that cause a person to go down a very bad path.

2 hours ago, riffraff said:

Yes he openly admitted his son did not get the attention he craved.....

More like he was totally neglected.  He didn’t even learn how to ride a bike.

Childhood developmental trauma can seriously damage a young child.  Not making excuses for his actions, it’s an incredibly sad situation.

• Upvote 3

Just now, redhdlois said:

Childhood developmental trauma can seriously damage a young child.  Not making excuses for his actions, it’s an incredibly sad situation.

Very sad, but the kid needs to be culled from the herd for the benefit of all.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Very sad, but the kid needs to be culled from the herd for the benefit of all.  

Watching that interview with his father....at the end he said he was so sorry that he didn’t ‘rescue’ him.....

wonder if we’ll ever learn what his mother was up to.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, redhdlois said:

Watching that interview with his father....at the end he said he was so sorry that he didn’t ‘rescue’ him.....

wonder if we’ll ever learn what his mother was up to.  

Sounds like both dad and mom were not good parents.  Mom might have had a boyfriend coming over?  I heard that’s really hard on a child, especially a boy. 

18 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

I can't ride a bike either (still can't to this day but since I live in Richmond...that might be a reason I'm alive today:P).  Learned to drive MUCH, MUCH later in my life (well into my twenties).   I'm not saying I'm better/smarter as I've known others that had a far greater rougher go at it in life growing up (eg., abusive parents, etc.,) and they still turned out alright.  My sympathies lie only with the victims (that is assuming these two are guilty....nothing has been proven yet in a court of law).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sounds like both dad and mom were not good parents.  Mom might have had a boyfriend coming over?  I heard that’s really hard on a child, especially a boy. 

I hope that out of this comes a realization that our children need love and nurturing more than they probably get. As a young parent, whenever I go to the park I see most parents sitting there on a park bench ignoring their kids because they are busy on their devices instead. Not that I am 100% not guilty of this, but it really bothers me when I see kids craving attention from their parents but their too busy on the internet or whatever. Give your kids the attention they deserve!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's really amplified when kids are troubled and isolated these days because they usually do end up fully immersed in the internet where there are all kinds of sites/people who seek out and latch on to the vulnerable.  Give them ideas and make them feel like they "fit" somewhere.  I only mention this because the Dad said his son was an introvert who spent most of his time on the computer - can be a dangerous place to seek out affirmation and/or life lessons.  

Sad that no one honed in on the gravity of the situation and intervened.  Again...someone may have tried - they're considered adults so no one can really tell them what to do.  

It's just bloody tragic from all angles.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's really amplified when kids are troubled and isolated these days because they usually do end up fully immersed in the internet where there are all kinds of sites/people who seek out and latch on to the vulnerable.  Give them ideas and make them feel like they "fit" somewhere.  I only mention this because the Dad said his son was an introvert who spent most of his time on the computer - can be a dangerous place to seek out affirmation and/or life lessons.  

Sad that no one honed in on the gravity of the situation and intervened.  Again...someone may have tried - they're considered adults so no one can really tell that what to do.  

It's just bloody tragic from all angles.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/They_Shoot_Horses,_Don't_They%3F_(film)

Sometimes people are beyond repair.  

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

This would be a perfect opportunity to do a Mantracker style challenge tv show. Get a sponsor to put up some big cash prize. 

Release a bunch of two person teams of special forces military to compete from around the world into the Manitoba bush.

They could live stream it a'la The Running Man or Hunger Games.

Even do some sport betting on which team will tag and bag these creeps first. 

Wanna team up?

• Cheers 1