The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WTF Is going on in BC???

MikeBossy

On 7/25/2019 at 6:55 PM, Mo Grit said:

And why is it photographed upturned on the second photo, but upright when it was first burning in the first photograph?

The gas tank probably exploded flipping the vehicle

They're not there, or if so, they've been dead since Monday.

I do believe this one (well two) very real possibilities 

Edited by nucklehead

I am East Indian.. There is a reason we don't go out in the wilderness, camping, and swimming in natural waters etc. Haha!

On the real though I hope everybody stays safe because there are a lot of safety hazards out there and none of us are invincible!

Everybody take care of yourself this summer! Know where you are going/camping and keep a lot of food/resources with you.!! 

Edited by Schneider.Man604

These kids were into playing "airsoft" in the woods. They have probably researched the crap out of surviving in the woods. It's likely that they had this planned for months, if not years. I don't think they'll be discovered anytime soon. 

The swagger and smirks they seem to display when walking around that retail store in Saskatchewan makes them look pretty relaxed.

Make's it seem like they could be a few steps ahead.

Did they buy anything in the shop? they don't seem to look at the security cameras much but must know they are there ...were they just strolling through so they could be seen? 

Such weird case, they don't look too prepared ( well one does maybe with the camo).. they committed their crime out of what seem opportunity. However, is that part of an actual smart plan. Scary stuff, how long have they planned?...is there any false leads that they are planting, while potentially heading the other way? May have left the Gilliam area is now the thought.

Few posters on here underestimated them early on, hope the authorities aren't. 

58 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

The swagger and smirks they seem to display when walking around that retail store in Saskatchewan makes them look pretty relaxed.

Make's it seem like they could be a few steps ahead.

Did they buy anything in the shop? they don't seem to look at the security cameras much but must know they are there ...were they just strolling through so they could be seen? 

Such weird case, they don't look too prepared ( well one does maybe with the camo).. they committed their crime out of what seem opportunity. However, is that part of an actual smart plan. Scary stuff, how long have they planned?...is there any false leads that they are planting, while potentially heading the other way? May have left the Gilliam area is now the thought.

Few posters on here underestimated them early on, hope the authorities aren't. 

I mean growing up on the island with a couple years war games experience and some general outdoor skills will get you a few days maybe in some average joes looking for you, especially if you’re a young lean teenager with energy.

but if they haven’t been caught by this weekend by the types of resources currently hunting them then they aren’t in Gillam anymore.

i highly doubt they had a route like this planned out as there is no mention of them ever visiting the province.

6 hours ago, Schneider.Man604 said:

I am East Indian.. There is a reason we don't go out in the wilderness, camping, and swimming in natural waters etc. Haha!

On the real though I hope everybody stays safe because there are a lot of safety hazards out there and none of us are invincible!

Everybody take care of yourself this summer! Know where you are going/camping and keep a lot of food/resources with you.!! 

How is this relevant? Are you claiming East Indian people are very scared people?

12 minutes ago, riffraff said:

i highly doubt they had a route like this planned out as there is no mention of them ever visiting the province.

I can read all the books on survival in the wilderness but at least for me....I wouldn’t last a week in the boonies.  Now, others might but just speaking for myself, all the planning doesn’t replace actual experience.  Or maybe these two did rough it out there growing up?

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm thinking they might die in there (or take their own lives) and never be found....

starving has a funny effect on people too. We might see these two dinguses climb out of the woods next week and be happy for prison food. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

starving has a funny effect on people too. We might see these two dinguses climb out of the woods next week and be happy for prison food. 

If they can find their way out....one of the locals (from the Cree Nation, I think) said that it would be very easy to get yourself turned around in there.

I guess we'll see if "survival training" taken in the woods around Port Alberni mean squat when you're in the heavy bush of northern Manitoba.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Great press for helping keep people out of my fav part of the province.

We must have vastly different tastes....

I've been to Flin Flon a couple of times and every time I passed the highway 39 junction, I gave silent thanks to the powers that be, that we hadn't been booked in Thompson....:lol:

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I can read all the books on survival in the wilderness but at least for me....I wouldn’t last a week in the boonies.  Now, others might but just speaking for myself, all the planning doesn’t replace actual experience.  Or maybe these two did rough it out there growing up?

Well there are two skills at play here that are related.

one is survival

the other is tactical.

Even if they were expert survivalists how could they have the experience to be any sort of adversary for trained military experts?

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I wouldn't as you know what happens to two young skinny people in prison.  Fresh fish!

Recent footage of the pair at Meadows Lake Co-op store in Saskatchewan.  The video was taken Sunday from the store.

They were casually walking around.  Doesn't seem like they were coerced or anything like that.

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm thinking they might die in there (or take their own lives) and never be found....

This is the most likely scenario. Their remains may be found down the road in some remote area. 

However, the police shouldn't be underestimating their targets. For all we know they may have studied how to get away with these types of crimes, just like they practised surviving in the woods. The whole trail could have been by design, make it look like a crime of opportunity, leave an obvious trail, misdirection.

As I mentioned before, they looked to have quite a relaxed swagger walking around that retail store.

On 7/23/2019 at 12:25 PM, DonLever said:

If captured alive and tried and convicted, the maximum sentence is 25 years, so they could be released as relatively young men, in their mid forties.

25 years before they're eligible for parole