The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WTF Is going on in BC???

MikeBossy

8 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

We must have vastly different tastes....

I've been to Flin Flon a couple of times and every time I passed the highway 39 junction, I gave silent thanks to the powers that be, that we hadn't been booked in Thompson....:lol:

Beats staying in North Battleford.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 112 said:

Exactly where my thoughts would be so soon.

Good point @112

The guy’s son is on the run, and part of a killing spree.  The kid is likely to get shot to death by the police.  And his dad is focusing on a “how to NOT raise your kid” book.  Maybe shoot the dad too? 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Good point @112

The guy’s son is on the run, and part of a killing spree.  The kid is likely to get shot to death by the police.  And his dad is focusing on a “how to NOT raise your kid” book.  Maybe shoot the dad too? 

Sounds like the dad is a bit messed in the head

Arrested a few times

On again of again homless

His father died in the 80s from tainted blood:Aids

Looks like he has been doing it for a while.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, 112 said:

Exactly where my thoughts would be so soon.

He probably believes its a good time and hes getting lots of attention to shine light on his own problems.but yeah not super appropriate timing.

1 minute ago, Violator said:

Arrested a few times

Did you ever see the movie, “They Shoot Horse’s Don’t They”, with Jane Fonda?  Some people, from day one, really have no chance in life.  For the dad, who needs support, maybe we need Riverview opened up again?  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Violator said:

Arrested a few times

This is why people need to refrain from making assumptions about a kids past and to also stop trying to define what is and what isn’t abuse.  There are obvious forms and ones that affect each individual in a unique way.

terribly sad.

• Cheers 1

Sounds like they're now competing with bears for scavenging. There would be something very fitting about the bears taking care of these two creeps.

A member of Winnipeg's Bear Clan patrol group made the sighting around 4:15 p.m. CT after spotting what he believed to be the men near the landfill and water-treatment plant in York Landing.

The area isn't one that locals frequent and there were bears around, said Travis Bighetty.

Bighetty told CBC News he and his partner spotted two "tall, slender individuals" moving very quickly — possibly spooked by the sound of the truck Bighetty was in.

"They fit the description of what was given in the RCMP report," Bighetty said. "It didn't click right away, it took a few moments."

He couldn't tell what the two figures were up to. " kind of figured they were scavenging or something."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/i-pray-this-is-all-over-tonight-rcmp-searching-york-landing-man-for-b-c-fugitives-1.5228418

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 12:38 PM, peaches5 said:

Regardless of the murders being linked or not the Australian couple was clearly killed by a serial killer. It's got the MO of a serial killer. The northern BC highway is known for serial killers. Anytime I traveled through there as a kid I was told that if I ever came through there to never stop at a rest stop at night and to never sleep at one. My question is did the Australian couple sleep there? or did they pull up in brazen daylight and get murdered? If they got murdered in broad freaking daylight that is pretty scary.

About the rifle/shotgun.. I'd travel with a handgun. If you get caught with it you can explain to the RCMP why you have it and its pretty unlikely they will do anything. Hunters are not suppose to carry handguns but they all do. RCMP doesn't care. When you're in the remote areas they understand. If you're in the city with a handgun that is a completely different story.

You don't have a PAL/RPAL I assume. They do care.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Violator said:

Seems to have a tendency to blame everyone else for his problems and takes no responsibilities for his actions.  At least that’s my general impression as I don’t know the man.