The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WTF Is going on in BC???

MikeBossy

1 minute ago, Attila Umbrus said:

There's no police in that area, the closest detachment is in Fort Nelson and cell service is spotty to even make a call. 

Then stop and take pictures of the cars or write down the license plates at least. Your gut tells you something is wrong and you just drive past and pretend like everything will be fine. 

18 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1734826

Murdered on the side of the road with what is being described as a pretty gruesome crime scene. Last seen with a bearded man in a heated argument.

man I feel bad for these kids. I think once a description of the guy and the vehicle comes out people will know who this guy is. Probably a well known angry weirdo. 

2 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Then stop and take pictures of the cars or write down the license plates at least. Your gut tells you something is wrong and you just drive past and pretend like everything will be fine. 

Fair enough, I'm not condoning the fact they decided to do nothing. I'm like you and would have tried something. But look at this thread, people who have never been up this way are making it seem likes it's this fearfull highway full of danger. And if you are a traveller passing thru seeing something like that already being fearful of being in the middle of nowhere then adding in knowing there are no police around and no cell service, it may effect your decision making especially if say you are travelling with your family. I'm not a parent but i'm guessing most would protect their family first then others second.   

Just now, Attila Umbrus said:

Fair enough, I'm not condoning the fact they decided to do nothing. I'm like you and would have tried something. But look at this thread, people who have never been up this way are making it seem likes it's this fearfull highway full of danger. And if you are a traveller passing thru seeing something like that already being fearful of being in the middle of nowhere then adding in knowing there are no police around and no cell service, it may effect your decision making especially if say you are travelling with your family. I'm not a parent but i'm guessing most would protect their family first then others second.   

The lady looks like a local. She is driving a truck with road signs so it appears she works for the city or in the area at least. 

25 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Seriously? What evidence are your privy to that makes this so "clearly" stand out as a serial killer? Because an argument gone wrong, drug deal gone wrong, robbery gone wrong, sexual crime gone wrong etc are all so far fetched to you, yet a serial killer is 100% the answer in your mind?

Witness accounts seem to indicate couple were broke down on side of the road. Likely someone looking to take advantage of people in a vulnerable position.

you know who does that kinda of stuff a serial killer   that's  how ted  bundy lured a few victims , I have driven to prince Rupert  from the lower mainland  and I'll tell you I saw stuff right out of deliverance  ( cue the banjos )  ,   its definitely a different world up there   

1 minute ago, the grinder said:

you know who does that kinda of stuff a serial killer   that's  how ted  bundy lured a few victims , I have driven to prince Rupert  from the lower mainland  and I'll tell you I saw stuff right out of deliverance  ( cue the banjos )  ,   its definitely a different world up there   

What have you seen up in that area

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

The lady looks like a local. She is driving a truck with road signs so it appears she works for the city or in the area at least. 

I see, I hope this all gets figured out because it's an absolute shame this is happening. I feel for all the families involved. It is a shame the lady just kept driving past the scene, but self preservation is a hard thing to kick if you see danger.

Not related at all to this situation, but i've seen lots of examples in my industry of people going over and above to save someones life and put their own at risk, but i've equally seen the opposite. Some of the hardest toughest looking people i've ever met turned chicken when the going got tough. Some of the meekest, don't think they could lift a jug of milk people are the biggest hero's i've ever seen...one medic I worked with, she was 120 pounds that saved a mans life weighing over 250 pounds put herself in harms way to get the patient out of danger. We arrived at the scene and were amazed what she was able to do alone by herself. Hero's don't have a template I guess. 

• Upvote 2

If it's the middle of the night, it'll be extremely difficult to take note of the license plate, unless you are pulling right up to them.  

In a potentially dangerous situation (with firearms), if she did just that, she might have ended up as the 3rd victim.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Squamfan said:

What have you seen up in that area

what did I see lol   hill billys   mountain men  ,  fist fights ,  locals trying to intimidate you  , following you in vechiles , you would be driving  and then a vechile would come out of nowhere follow for 30 mins and then turn off a road and then go the other way  it was hella creepy . then I saw a guy runnimg like a mofo and caught some bird and then grab it and swinging it to break its neck, and was cooking it at gas station general store restaurant   parking lot , the employee came out and told him hey u cant do that . dud e pulled out a Rambo knife  and the employee just went back to work like nothing happened 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, the grinder said:

what did I see lol   hill billys   mountain men  ,  fist fights ,  locals trying to intimidate you  , following you in vechiles , you would be driving  and then a vechile would come out of nowhere follow for 30 mins and then turn off a road and then go the other way  it was hella creepy . then I saw a guy runnimg like a mofo and caught some bird and then grab it and swinging it to break its neck, and was cooking it at gas station general store restaurant   parking lot , the employee came out and told him hey u cant do that . dud e pulled out a Rambo knife  and the employee just went back to work like nothing happened 

lol sounds like stuff that would happen in the states

• Upvote 1

A couple tips for all of you city slickers planning a road trip up north.

1-have a can of bear spray ready to go on the drivers side door at all times

2- have one survival knife for each traveller ready to use in an instant

3- carry a shotgun if you have a FAC license

4- bring lot's of drugs and alcohol to share with weary travellers who you may meet along the way to get on their good side

5- never let your gas tank run past the half way mark

6- Protect you and your family at all costs 

7- eat everything that you kill with your vehicle 

10 minutes ago, the grinder said:

This sounds like a typical day in the north

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, the grinder said:

There’s a reason guys live in the bush.  Some of those people just can’t live by the rules of civil living.  They are Bush people, but (hopefully) they are harmless to others and not too draining on our division safety net.  

2 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

If this turns out to be another murder by a Syrian refugee, in BC, all hell is going to break loose. 

Regardless where the person comes from, he’s a whack job who needs to be put down.  Hopefully the police shoot first, and ask questions later. 

2 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

From a sketch, there looks like some similarities. The crimes committed fit the bill too.

I just hope, when the RCMP catch this guy, he doesn't get off as crazy (like that head chopping cannibal before) and gets a get out of jail free card.  We are way too soft on friggin’ loser types here.  Don’t waste time on these loser types.  They are drains on our society and deserve to be treated as such.  Bullet time.  

• Upvote 2