The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WTF Is going on in BC???

MikeBossy

1 minute ago, Violator said:

Why dont you just confess to the murders so everyone can feel safe.

What makes you think I want people to feel safe? :ph34r:

People are worried about relatives 1000 klicks away from where this happened....it must have been absolute panic down there when the Green River Killer was at large....

13 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

People are worried about relatives 1000 klicks away from where this happened....it must have been absolute panic down there when the Green River Killer was at large....

Boy do I have a story about that one ... (been told here before).

Don't hitch hike.  It can turn bad FAST.

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm wondering where this was....

I've spent most of my life in northern BC, all of the 80 traveling throughout northern Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and the Northwest Territories and I've never seen anything like that.

well it was early 90s,and it was somewhere before terrace and its what I saw  .  prince Rupert was awesome and the more bigger towns were great just a few lil villages were kinda  a lil creepy

2 hours ago, Dungass said:

Maybe your experience, not mine.  Grew up in the Lower Mainland, lived in the north for 10 years, both Northeastern and western and there is nothing all that strange compared to what you see in the city.  

Agree with the theory, the killer is a traveler as well.  If the two cases are linked, then the suspect will have most likely headed south (doubt they would have headed south from Liard all the way around to Dease- much longer route), down to Highway 16.  From there they could go west in the direction of Terrace and Rupert (essentially a dead end), or east, through the Lakes district towards PG.

well it is when you in the middle of nowhere , help could be 2 to 4 hours away no cell service  , break down on the side of the road   your in no mans land  that not even close to being in metro area , ya things happen everywhere  but up there its a different game.  

The thing that I am curious about is whether the back window was broken when the lady drove by and saw the man with them. If that window was not broken I don't think he did it unless he returned to the van at a later time. I say that because the person who found the bodies said the woman had 1 shoe on and the man had no shoes on and the back window of the van was smashed. When you see the gas station footage they both are wearing shoes, which makes me think he isn't someone who walks around barefoot. The only time you'd likely take your shoes off is if you're going to sleep. So it seems like they were sleeping in the back of the van on the side of the road and someone pulled up smashed the window and told them to get out. The guy got out first right away not putting on shoes to see what's going on the girl starts putting on her shoes then hears a gunshot panics and starts running with one shoe on then she gets shot. 

I find the whole one shoe thing very peculiar.  

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Just dont use @naslund.is.king skin for your underwear.

Its true people freak out to easily.would be nice if this much attention was given to the missing aboriginal women.

Edited by Violator

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm wondering where this was....

I've spent most of my life in northern BC, all of the 80 traveling throughout northern Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and the Northwest Territories and I've never seen anything like that.

Haida Gwaii for the first 14 years of my life... I think sometimes small towns are so unfamiliar to people that they freak themselves out and start trying to fill in the gaps with horror movies that they've seen about small towns. 

My wife and I were doing a tour of the Isle of Skye and someone on the tour had a panic attack because they were from a city of 10+ million people and weren't used to the isolation.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Lancaster said:

If it's the middle of the night, it'll be extremely difficult to take note of the license plate, unless you are pulling right up to them.  

In a potentially dangerous situation (with firearms), if she did just that, she might have ended up as the 3rd victim.  

I agree with your point.  While unfortunate for the victims, at least there is now a witness to the crime.  With any type of intervention, there could potentially be no witnesses, just victims.

9 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

In surrey u get murked if u join a gang 

up north u get murked if your car breaks down on the side of the road

That is such a terrible generalization of BCs North country. You know nothing apparently about all the good people up here. I have no idea how bad the gangs are in surrey no more than you know how people are up north here. All my family is from up north, aunts, uncles, mom, and dad, etc. They are good people. People generalizing northern BC as hicks in the middle of nowhere hiding from the law are wrong. It’s like you think the lower mainland is all that exists in BC and the rest is a desolate waste land? 

Anyways I know we are all concerned about what is going on up here. I’m in camp working near pink mountain (near fort Nelson) and we are locking our doors at night just in case. But the generalization of northern residents on here is insulting....I thought we are all Canucks here? 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Haida Gwaii for the first 14 years of my life... I think sometimes small towns are so unfamiliar to people that they freak themselves out and start trying to fill in the gaps with horror movies that they've seen about small towns. 

My wife and I were doing a tour of the Isle of Skye and someone on the tour had a panic attack because they were from a city of 10+ million people and weren't used to the isolation.

Isolation on Skye? You can't bloody move for tourists right now. 

19 hours ago, Alflives said:

I just hope, when the RCMP catch this guy, he doesn't get off as crazy (like that head chopping cannibal before) and gets a get out of jail free card.  We are way too soft on friggin’ loser types here.  Don’t waste time on these loser types.  They are drains on our society and deserve to be treated as such.  Bullet time.  

We will rehabilitate him in a comfy one bedroom suite with conjugal visits and then set him free.

the doctors will deem him as a non threat “as long as he takes his meds”

and we will pay for the whole thing.